Author Topic: MAKE ME AN OFFER  (Read 11315 times)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: MAKE ME AN OFFER
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »
"If you haven't thought about selling it."

I agree with the love/hate relationship with the coach.

I didn't pay a lot, and realized before I started that you can't to turn a 10k bus into a 100K bus.

You can spend the money all right, but you still have a 10K bus, with 90K of work.

Being realistic in this pursuit saves a lot of aggravation on the other end.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline zimmysurprise

• "Flight Risk" Don and Charlie Zimmerman 1978 GM PD-4108 Chardon,Ohio
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 04:28:43 AM »
Although I'm new to the bus relationship, there's been plenty past projects I've dumped time and money into with questionable return on investment. Most of them involved a vehicle or home project. Ironic how I've been able to combine them by building a motor home out of a bus... All I can say to each of you is that if you sold the bus, you wouldn't escape the curse of throwing time and resources into something you trade for pride and memories! Actually not a bad deal afterall.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 05:03:30 AM »
"If you haven't thought about selling it."

I agree with the love/hate relationship with the coach.

I didn't pay a lot, and realized before I started that you can't to turn a 10k bus into a 100K bus.

You can spend the money all right, but you still have a 10K bus, with 90K of work.

Being realistic in this pursuit saves a lot of aggravation on the other end.

Cliff

You make some good point Cliff, thanks for responding.  How about "You can smear lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig."  I always like that one.  There are days I cannot keep a button on my shirt buttoned and on other days, I would pay someone to haul it off the property.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »
How Questionable is my intelligence? on 4th build.

I don't know Bob, this being my third, I would venture to say that makes "both of us" certifiable.

Whadya think?

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 05:08:16 AM »
Just last night the better half and I where thinking about selling the bus. Only got to go out in it once this year. Last year went across the US just getting it home. Some of the best times we have ever had.  Its nice to know even you old timers think about selling it once in awhile. Then the in laws come over and I really enjoy the space and separation. If you know what I mean.

Kevin

Nice comment Kevin, it is kind of like flyin to Paris for breakfast on a Lear Jet when everything is clicking and she is humming down the Interstate.  Then there are the other times, which are something akin to the label warnings on a medicine jar about bad side effects, eh?

Chopper Scott uses his to campout in on the weekends, other guys drive on down to the lake and sit a spell, pulling one out once a year is kind of hard to justify.  But you do what you gotta do, right?

Thanks for responding,

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 05:10:53 AM »
Although I'm new to the bus relationship, there's been plenty past projects I've dumped time and money into with questionable return on investment. Most of them involved a vehicle or home project. Ironic how I've been able to combine them by building a motor home out of a bus... All I can say to each of you is that if you sold the bus, you wouldn't escape the curse of throwing time and resources into something you trade for pride and memories! Actually not a bad deal afterall.

Excellent report.  You made me think of what it was that I was doing "before this" as I remember it, it was a hobby and it got too expensive for my tastes, so I got out of it, and then got into this.  Which is something that gave an entirely new meaning to the word "expensive."

Don't you suppose that we all just drift in and out of things during life and that some of them are good and then some of them ... not so good.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »
Best part of owning a bus you never need to worry about what the banks are paying for money market,cd's or saving accounts

I am so broke Clifford I cannot pay attention.

BCO

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »
BCO, I think when your in a point in your life with a comfort factor of some relative degree, and you find yourself able to do something outside of putting bread on the table or fixing the kids teeth, our minds wander. Some are effected by familiar things like the saying "idle hands are the Devils...", some become circumespect and depending on their personalities are happy with their lot in life or sad. Some get into mischief or donate time to soup kitchens. But I think most do a little of all these things. And if there is anything left over in any aspect of our being, we turn to bussing! Lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline RnMAdventures

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
Hey I like that one... NO MORE FLATS! woohoo... and it won't get stuck either.  ;)
Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
BCO, I think when your in a point in your life with a comfort factor of some relative degree, and you find yourself able to do something outside of putting bread on the table or fixing the kids teeth, our minds wander. Some are effected by familiar things like the saying "idle hands are the Devils...", some become circumespect and depending on their personalities are happy with their lot in life or sad. Some get into mischief or donate time to soup kitchens. But I think most do a little of all these things. And if there is anything left over in any aspect of our being, we turn to bussing! Lvmci...

That was well put, thank you.  I am not sure how I ended up here, but it has been an adventure of sorts.  Always something around the next bend, and the majority of the folks I have met have been solid.

Thanks,

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal