Author Topic: "Rustless Money Pit" Bogie Wheel Well update, November 14, 2006  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
"Rustless Money Pit" Bogie Wheel Well update, November 14, 2006
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »
My second attempt to post these photos of today's completion of my right bogie wheel well,  After several months of fabricating a Radiator Mist Tank, Gray / Black water waste tank, reconfiguring my entire Right fuel tank compartment to protect the fuel tank from road debris and dirt etc. forever, and replacing / reinforcing my entire bogie wheel framing I today completed about 95% of this section of my bus.

I have not posted the photos of this accomplisment on my web site, I have many, many photos' to go throgh and label etc.  I just wanted to share my excitement with you after all this time to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel at this part of my repair /conversion.

I will post on this bbd when these photos intended for newbies is ready for viewing, it will take a few days to accomplish.

I wil have to post two posts here as the pictures are too big for one thread post and I am tired out.  This one will have two before photo's and the next one will have 2 after photo's of my bogie wheel well. 

In the after photos' you will see 4 aluminum checker plate covers in the overhead area of the wheel well, these covers will have gasket material when fully assembled to seal these areas.  These house the labeled areas in the wheel well.  I still have to make the 2 ft. X 3 Ft cover for the left side of the fuel tank access door area.  This will allow me entrance to the fuel tank to do inspection, connections etc. and removal of the fuel tank into the baggage compartment if ever needed.  Good God I hope not!!

Hope you enjoy the fruits of my labor especially if you are a newbie and I prevented you from this pitfall I have been in but climbine out as you can see after thousands of hours I am sure.

If you are interested in seeing the total albums of this accomplishment watch this bbd in the next few days when I have submitted the photos for you to see.
Gary
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
Re: "Rustless Money Pit" Bogie Wheel Well update, November 14, 2006
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 04:18:42 PM »
Here is the two after photos you will be more interested in as I am to post them.
Gary
Gary

Offline mikeH8H-649

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 06:24:05 PM »
Gary you sure do beautifull work and you should be proud of yourself, Mike

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »
Ummmmmm Gary.....I got some rust in my '9 and maybe you could come visit for....well...for a while?  ;)
Your wheel wells look great!  Wish that I could produce that sort of welding outcome!
 GITRDONE!
See ya'll soon! JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline edvanland

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »
Gary
You are a artist.  That looks fantastic.
ED
MCI 7
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline tincan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:54 PM »
gary sure looks like my eagle 20  with lots  of rust . I have mine striped all the way down.I,ve added a 14'
slideout . which was not that hard to do compared ,to all the other work involved ,in removing and replacing
all the rusted tubing   Tincan     

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
Well rather than make another new post I will continue this one, the photos of my (Right Bogie Wheel Well) are posted on my web site as I said I would do.  There is two albums of about 35 photos each to make download easier and maybe not so boring.  Again these photos are intended for newbies to use a guide for thier conversion purchase / inspection submitted by an amateur bus converter and not to be considered the way your bus has to be repaired.  Be sure to consult a certified Bus Converter for professional advise and procedures to fix your personal bus.  I am not responsible for injuries, or damage resulting from the information I present to you which should only be considered as only a guide.

Hate doing that!!

The web site location of these two new photo albums to view are located at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101

The Albums are located on Page #3 of the above web site.
(#17-Album, Right Bogie Wheel Well Modifications,  (35 photos)
(#17a-Album, Continuation of Right Bogie Wheel Well Modifications,  (33 photos)

Hope you enjoy, pictures are not pretty like you want, someday I hope.  But I do hope they are informative to those wishing to get into this hobby.  Please feel free to request any documentation I may be able to assist you with.

Gary

Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal