Author Topic: ROAD WARS NOVEMBER - BCM  (Read 2125 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

ROAD WARS NOVEMBER - BCM
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »
Not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I am experiencing a little trouble understanding what is going on in this latest issue of BCM concerning the issue of transporting a bus from Utah to California. 

Road Wars page #25.

What I do not understand is why the operator was stopped to begin with? 

Was it because the bus itself was in a “commercial carrier” configuration (windows, no siding, no window shades or fairings) and clearly not appearing to be a Motorhome.

I run private coach plates and clearly appear on the exterior to be a motorhome (I am not tagged that way) so I am wondering what it was that brought the attention of the cop to the bus in the first place. 

The author states that he was driving in a reasonable safe manner and had not broken any traffic laws. 

Having run out west for numerous years, we have never experienced this problem.  So here is my question:  “Because of this apparent Calif/Arizona vendetta against each other, will ALL BUS OPERATORS/OWNERS be facing this problem in the future?”

Just wondering.

Thanks,

BCO

Offline luvrbus

Re: ROAD WARS NOVEMBER - BCM
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
He was stopped because AZ does honor other states temporary trip permits if it is made of paper they will  take a good look He could have bought a AZ trip permit (5.00) at the point of entry coming from Utah
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
He was stopped because AZ does honor other states temporary trip permits if it is made of paper they will  take a good look He could have bought a AZ trip permit (5.00) at the point of entry coming from Utah

So help me out? 

He was stopped because he did not have a trip permit (which would have made him commercial right?) and that was the sole reason.

How about us, the people who are clearly in a motorhome/custom coach mode, we gonna get stopped in AZ Cliff?  This is what I am inquiring about.

Thanks,

BCO

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Don, if you have current plates in the state you reside they don't bother you,even private vehicles with a trip permit are required to buy another for AZ  fwiw they are not the only state that does it a OK trip permit is not good in Kansas BTDT  

They will not stop out of state people with a trip permit from others states and they do give the military people a free pass with a trip permit.

A temporary 30 day reregistration is a different game they will not stop folks for those only the trip permits  

Mikey just pushed the envelope trying to save a few bucks it is posted at every weight station same with dealers tags from out of state dealers don't get a free pass here either,AZ just has a 1 day trip permit if it takes you 3 days to leave the state you buy 3   lol  

good luck  
Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal