Author Topic: Table up/down/slide Mechanism  (Read 9968 times)

Offline Ray D

Table up/down/slide Mechanism
« on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
I have looked all over for the mechanism that comes out of the couch and slides a table forward/back and up/down.  Anyone have a source for these?
Thanks,
Ray

Offline Oonrahnjay

Re: Table up/down/slide Mechanism
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
     Me too! 
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
I'm intrigued because I also have a table that needs to move up, down and sideways.

I assume that the mechanism you're describing is something that you've seen before in RV furniture? If so, any chance of a link or photo of said furniture, so I can work out if it's anything like what I need?

Thanks

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
Hey Jeremy, How's your Thanksgiving going?

That type of mechanism may exist for RV's.  I don't know, but it seems I have seen a piece of hospital furniture that slides and cranks up and down.  Maybe that would be adaptable.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
Here is a picture of one

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »
used in prevost conversions is simple tube inside tube with a tension locking device, or you can use pins to fasten in place. Bottom tube (outside ) under couch -inside slides in and out with verticle(sp) working same way.   Mainly used in slide coaches so when slides are in they can maintain a center isle.  Height can be lowered to seat height for possible inclusion in bed .   Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »
 Mainly used in slide coaches so when slides are in they can maintain a center isle.  Height can be lowered to seat height for possible inclusion in bed .   Bob

Yes, that is exactly why I need it - except that, rather than the table being mounted in the slide and retracting when the slide is retracted, it will be mounted on the main floor and will extend when the slide is extended. But the principle is just the same - and I also want it to drop down for when the dinette turns into a bed.

If anyone does come across an off-the-shelf mechanism for this I'd be interested. I had in mind to scratch-build something that was electrically-powered, using the mechanisms from electric car seat bases - because they are designed to operate with a lot of weight on them. I've had a granite table top made for this table, which I knew would be very heavy, but it's actually very very, very heavy. In fact I'm considering having it lightened by having the centre cut out of it and replaced by a wooden panel

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, How's your Thanksgiving going?

Thanks for asking, but I'm British so have to wait until Christmas for my turkey.
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »
Jeremy-- Really, I was told that the Queen lover her Thanksgiving dinner as much as her Seder.

Offline Mex-Busnut

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »
No, if I was rich and famous I'd have one of these (and the superyacht to go with it)

Fletcher automated Capstan Table]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_AwFSWIPU&feature=related#ws]Fletcher automated Capstan Table

Jeremy

Offline Mex-Busnut

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
 ;D

That silly table only costs $50,000 dollars, many times more than we paid for our bus.

http://www.gildedlife.com/2010/08/capstan-table-by-db-fletcher-designs/

Now imagine if we could apply this awesome technology to our buses. Drive down the road in something the size of a 15-passenger van. Arrive at the campground, hit a button, and you have a 45-foot long, 102-inch wide, 13.5-feet high two-story residence on wheels.

Well... We can dream, right? Imagine slide-outs and slide ups...
Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.

Offline Lee Bradley

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
Check out http://www.firgelliforum.com/ click on 'Design Ideas'.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
Nice table.  Is it a 2 or 4 stroke?  Can you use multigrade oil?

Offline Midwilshire

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
Check out http://www.firgelliforum.com/ click on 'Design Ideas'.
I must be an idiot, coz I don't see 'Design Ideas."  Help?
Michael & Gigi
1978 MCI-5C "Silverliner"
Full-timers in the DC area

Ncbob

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »
Hang it from the ceiling by 4 cables and lower it when you want it! Simple. Like putting the elevators on the outside of a building when they forgot to install the elevator shafts!  ;)

NCbob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal