Author Topic: Road Trip! To the Keys  (Read 5818 times)

Offline white-eagle

Road Trip! To the Keys
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:39:07 AM »
5 of us are headed South to the Everglades, then to the Keys, culminating in 5 days of Bluegrass at Yee Haw Junction.  Anyone bored with just sitting in Florida is welcome to join.  We'll be leaving from Arcadia around 1/10.

You ought to decide soon as they seem to be running out of campsites in the Keys for big busses. 

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Arcadia Rally!
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline crown

Re: Road Trip! To the Keys
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »
what time do you think we would be back in arcadia we leave on dec 16 for miami to fly home
 john/ lidia
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 08:11:41 AM »
Damn Tom I have got to get this retirement thing figured out. We would love to tag along but we will be leaving for Florida on the 22nd and it looks like you will be in the Keys until late in January. That is a little long to stay away from work. That sounds like a blast.

See you in Arcadia Wayne

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
I was parked in the Key West Sears Town parking lot a couple years ago.   ;D   About 3am,  >:(  someone was banging on the door.  A tow truck operator wanted me to move the bus.   ::)   I informed him I'd been drinking (A Lot) and there was no way in hell I was starting up the bus.  He pointing to his tow turck, (which I believe was the smallest tow truck made) and said he would have to tow me.   ::)   I laughed and said,  WITH THAT!  "you and I both know, that your little truck can't move this BIG bus".  Informed him I would move by 7am.  then said Good Night....   He crawed back into his little tow truck and departed.    ;D ;D

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
John, depends on if you are going to Yee Haw.  We leave Arcadia about the 10th, arrive Yee Haw the 20th or so.  You could be back in Arcadia on the 20th.

Rusty, same goes for you.  You could head back around the 20, or go to Yee Haw Bluegrass Festival which ends 27th.  We plan on having a good time and it will be a blast.  Just having 6 busses or more blocking traffic on 1 will be fun. lol.  btw, i'm not retired, i just don't work much.  ;D

We've got 3 days on the south end of Marathon.  If you want to go, better decide real soon.  cancellation is up to 48 hours.  Make the plan and cancel if you have to.

Bill, One bus they might tolerate.  I'm pretty sure 5 of us would be towed, one at a time, then hauled to jail and fined lol.  no matter how drunk we were.  and the girls would be PO, for sure.
Tom

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »
Quote:  "no matter how drunk we were.  and the girls would be PO, for sure."

Is this "PO'd" a point of celebration or commiseration?

Either way, pour me a beverage and I'll join you in being PO'd at...

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline garhawk

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »
Hey Tom,

What kind of deal is this?  Gloria and I were planning to leave Arcadia on the 1st and head directly to Lillydale.
gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 03:44:52 PM »
Gary, we'd be happy to accommadate you in the spring, lol.  for now, come on down to the keys with us.

Crown, what's up?  i haven't heard for sure you are going yet.  Same for you Rusty.  Work can wait in CO.  Only one chance to have 6 or 8 bus road trip.  i hear we get a bigger discount if we get 10 of us for a RALLY.
Tom

Offline crown

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
 tom trying to change some things can you hold a spot for us john/lidia
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline rusty

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
Tom, Thank You but we are going to have to pass. Just can't stay away from work that long.

Wayne

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »
 ;Dwas going to make some smart remark Rusty but my bus isn't finished so I can't go . So can't. Don't put things off to long! Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline rusty

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »
I hear you Bob. Four years ago I told my employees ( some that have been with for 20+ years) that they help me get where I am at and that I would help them get through this mess. We have to be on our toes as the margins are non existent. I just didn't think it would last this long and I don't see an end. Oh well

Wayne

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
bus related: people don't realize how bad our bridges and roads are! It has to turn around or there will not just be orange barrels but closed roads and bridges!!  Next time you road trip really look at the pavement.  Look up at the bridge you drive under.  Might just scare you. A few years ago I took a 3 span bridge down on a State Hwy in less than two hrs with a track hoe.  Built in the 70's.   For what it's worth.  Totally off your trip plans!!! It would be the trip on my bucket list. Have a great time for Judy and I.   Stop and enjoy the ride.   Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:04 AM »
John and Lidia, we can save a spot, but i can't make reservations for you.  They want $$$$.  We'd love to have you guys go as that would put us up to 8 (that's right, eight, EIGHT!) buses.  Just got a phone call from Carl and they're making reservations (Sunshine confirmed).  Carol and Don were successful in theirs.

We still have room to make this an official RALLY and get a discount at Sunshine.  Gotta get to 10 coaches or RV's.

See you in Arcadia.
Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal