Author Topic: Is 15% Ethanol Coming?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Re: Is 15% Ethanol Coming?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »
Plants are not good neighbors!! got two within 10 miles owned by South Africa  companies. Noise high!!  Eating up to much of corn production!  Special breed of high sugar corn being grown.  Not bus related but effecting this bus-nuts family. massive subsidy to build .  Sure this will be moved to off topic. But effects all of us. My 2006 car hates it.  Have already been told by dealer that pump % varies to as high as 18%.  Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
You also have a 50/50 Bio Diesel I always thought there was a 15% Ethanol in some states already GM has been making engines for crap for a few years now ?
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline sledhead

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »
My last ss moterhome in 2005 was a gmc gas .IN canada at that time it ran ok on pump reg ,but when we were in the states it would ping if I did't add a bottle or 2 of 104 octane boast . the good ol days when gas was gas                     dave
dave , karen
1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide .... sold
2000 featherlite vogue vantare 550 hp 3406e  cat
1875 lbs torque  home base huntsville ontario canada

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
At a farm seminar in Omaha last summer the subsidies for Ethonal was discussed and how it would effect farming if it went away. The people in the know said that refiners are find that blending ethanol with gasoline is becoming profitable. Even without subsidies it looks like ethanol is here to stay. 

Wayne

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
You also have a 50/50 Bio Diesel I always thought there was a 15% Ethanol in some states already GM has been making engines for crap for a few years now ?

Clifford, please avoid the "C" word at all costs ... You know what it always brings.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:37:25 AM »
At a farm seminar in Omaha last summer the subsidies for Ethonal was discussed and how it would effect farming if it went away. The people in the know said that refiners are find that blending ethanol with gasoline is becoming profitable. Even without subsidies it looks like ethanol is here to stay. 

Wayne

This would be a sure bet (it is here to stay) look at it from this perspective.  You lock down 15% of your supplies, and extend the life of your reserves, but you sell the same amount of product (gasoline) with less oil. 

The government on the other hand, picks up all the related costs.

Can't get a better deal than that ... Everybody wins! 

(Ask any politician)

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal