Author Topic: ROAD SERVICE  (Read 12275 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

ROAD SERVICE
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:32:33 AM »
Anyone using road service other than Coach Net?  They sent me a renewal notice, but because of poor service in the past I am not renewing with them.

Any suggestions?

BCO (CTA)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Re: ROAD SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:29 AM »
I bumped Mikes post up on AAA Towing-RV  FWIW. I had never considered them before.  Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline LowTide

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
Anyone using road service other than Coach Net?  They sent me a renewal notice, but because of poor service in the past I am not renewing with them.

Any suggestions?

BCO (CTA)

BC, If I may ask, what type of issues did you have with them? We joined them this year before we bought the coach and made the long journey home, but have not had to use their service as of yet.....knock on wood ;)

We have tripple a on the coach and autos, but did not sign up for the RV package.
Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"
"Just Misbehavein' "

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:26 AM »
yeah, what kind of problem.  We've used them twice and they seemed to work with us.  We also have triple a, and i'm glad to see Mike's post from NJ to Vermont was paid.  but we were thinking of dropping triple a as more expensive for the same or less service.

we do have the RV+ add on for triple a, to make sure we were covered.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:29:38 AM »
I am listening too. We used to have Coach net, but we didn't renew. They didn't pay for our tow when we fell through the street in Alberta. They said they wouldn't pay for a crane, but it was a typical wrecker that came out.

We sent in a letter explaining what happened and the bill (as they requested). It was quite the runaround, but they "happened" to lose it. What do you know then? It is after the timeframe that they would reimburse us.

So we are also in the market for a new service provider. I am disappointed, because I have heard good things about them. Looks like, if they don't want to pay for the tow, they won't. Buyer beware.

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:05 AM »
I have used my Good Sam service once, about five years ago, to winch me out of a hole. Told them to send a big one, advising "Greyhound" bus and weight. Prompt service, no issues, so I have stuck with them. FWIW
Dennis
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
Hi All, I had AAA for cars & kids and had a 29' Class A Ultrastar when the parking brake engaged while driving and forced me to park in a no parking zone, here in LV. AAA had one vehicle large enough to tow and it was out of commission. Three days later, and a huge parking ticket on top, I reupped with Good Sams they brought out a much larger unit, in 45 minutes. One year later, when I had the bus and went to an RV place to do work on it and they messed up the engine enough to have it towed, Good Sam got me a bus flatbed to relocate the bus, lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »
There are two ways to buy oats.  Before they have gone thru the horse and after.  Coach Net is after.  Too many ninny's reading this will call it "vendor bashing" and not see it for what it is.  I could give you specific's but they would just rush to the moderators claiming foul.  

So this time, I will take a pass.

I will just say this ... Their service (in my opinion) is less than stellar and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.  There is an article here on this site about it, believe it is called Leavin' Las Vegas and it shows them for what they are.

I have done business with them twice in the past three years, and on both occasions they came up lacking.

Will not use them again and I will not renew.  The Good Sam thing sounds interesting, believe I will follow up on it in a few days.

BCO (CTA)

Offline goutoe

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 09:55:07 AM »
I use Allstate RV roadhelp I have used it a couple times on my car, but never on my bus I have had it for at least 10 years with no problems.

John.
John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.

Offline belfert

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
I have had both Coach-Net and Good Sam roadside assistance.  I have had problems with both Coach-Net and Good Sam arranging assistance for calls after dark.  Good Sam said they couldn't find anyone to come out to change a tire at 7 PM at night.  This was in a major metro area.  They had no problems getting someone out early the next morning.  I had another issue in a rural area on a major interstate around 7/8 pm at night.  Coach-Net said they couldn't find anyone to take care of the problem until morning.  They gave me the name of a tow company and said they would be leaving at 6 am.  I called the company directly around 7 am and they said Coach-Net had called them, but they were already out on a call at the time and Coach-Net never made any arrangements for a tow in the morning.  I called Coach-Net back and they had arrangements for service made within 20 minutes of my call.  How come it took them 2 hours at night and they never found anyone, yet they found someone immediately in the morning?

I suspect both Coach-Net and Good Sam don't pay enough for night calls so nobody wants to deal with them in the dark when the work is harder and more dangerous.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
Don,
Try Bifs-Hookem-up-&-drag-um-in. He pulled the bus back up the cliff when I missed the curve in OK city, Ar-kansas. It was 80 or 85,( Number just seem to be driftin these days) I think they are still in the Business of givin people the business. I told him that the brakes are locked because we lost so much air. He said no problem if he pulls it hard enough they will release. What a knowledgeable guy he was. Good luck :o ::) ;)
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline bigjohnkub

• pd4903-188 and now pd4107
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
I have Good Sam. Used 5 times on 3 different busses. Were fast and they were concerned about our safety on roadside. They do send you a lot of Junk mail. I use for kindling for wood stove in house.

Big John
Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!

Offline Geoff

• Geoff & Sherry's RTS Conversion Pics
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
I suspect both Coach-Net and Good Sam don't pay enough for night calls so nobody wants to deal with them in the dark when the work is harder and more dangerous.

Belfert, I 'suspect' that normal people work in daylight hours and if you call them after hours they could care less about going out on a road call.  Road service is not the fire department.

--Geoff
Geoff
'82 RTS AZ

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
Belfert, I 'suspect' that normal people work in daylight hours and if you call them after hours they could care less about going out on a road call.  Road service is not the fire department.

--Geoff

Both of my particular instances, covered each area, one in the morning and one at night.

Really did not matter in the end.

BCO (CTA)

Offline wg4t50

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
If you kept your equipment in proper order yu would not need to call anyone for the dumb things that seem to plague some folks.  Breaking thru the road way is beyond normal I agree, but broken/rusted/defective parts, then needing rexcued?  Seems like 99% could be  eliminated with a lil PM / care & feedingof your toys.
MHO
Dave M
MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for ever.
Central Virginia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal