Author Topic: Fuel Prices vs Inflation  (Read 2357 times)

Offline TomC

Fuel Prices vs Inflation
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
My wife gave me a note book to record my expenses for my bus in 2002. I looked back and was paying $1.65/gal. I also looked up what inflation would be between 2002 and 2012 and that is $1.00 now is $1.27. So with that in mind, Diesel fuel should cost $2.10/gal. But-we now have ultra low sulfur Diesel fuel (15 parts per million), so I'll add another $.50/gal. Our Diesel fuel should now be costing $2.60/gal. This proves (not to anyone's surprise)that the petroleum companies are screwing us.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline luvrbus

Re: Fuel Prices vs Inflation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:45 AM »
A barrel of oil cost 23 bucks in 2002 it now cost 88 bucks refiners don't control the price of a barrel of oil they just pass it on to us and we pay with our worthless paper money , if the predictions come true the best is yet to come on fuel prices in 2013 lol

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline DaveNCari

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:24:29 AM »
If you look at the price of fuel in silver....

It is a barely wobbly line for nearly 100 years!

The "price" of fuel is not going up...the value of the dollar is going DOWN...

Of course that is what happens when the Federal Reserve generates "money" out of nothing.....

What exactly is "The full faith and credit of the United States of America"???  ;D ???

Coming soon.....need of a bus-friendly RV park.....that values Liberty!

Watch this space....

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
Clifford, you can send me all of that worthless paper money and i will get rid of it for you! ;D
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline Sam 4106

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »
The high price of oil is not all bad. The mineral rights owners in western North Dakota, eastern Montana, and southeastern Saskatchewan are reaping the benefits if they have oil wells. My wife's family lives in Dickinson, ND and the oil boom is resulting in many new millionaires in the area. And a lot of local businesses are doing very well too. People are coming from far and wide for all the jobs created by the boom. Walmart is importing foreigners on 90 day visas to work in their store and are having a hard time keeping the shelves stocked with some staples, including toilet paper. Along with the boom have come many problems too. Increased crime being one of the worst. Every time we visit we see many changes. If the price of oil stays high enough, the boom will continue for many years. Or if the price of oil drops below a point that drilling becomes unprofitable the boom will go bust as it has in the past. We shall see!

Good luck, Sam
1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »
I don't need help with that part ED the kids help me more than I need lol
Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal