Author Topic: SouthEast Cruisers!  (Read 3671 times)

Offline white-eagle

SouthEast Cruisers!
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:10 AM »
If you are at the Arcadia Rally, we will be re-electing new officers at 4pm today at John Vickrey's or Jack Conrad's Bus (they're joined at the awning).  As an incentive to attend, the Chapter will be providing the dinner.  You must be a paid up member to vote, and to eat.  You can pay to join on the spot, but you may be elected to office, also.  ;D

See you at the meeting!
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline white-eagle

Re: SouthEast Cruisers!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
The meeting went well and new officers were elected for another year.  Speaking of another year, all current members are automatically renewed.  There will be a rally at Yee Haw Junction, during the bluegrass festival, at the end of February.  A number of members, including the new officers, are all attending.

New Officers are Ray Howell, Pres, Leonard Jelkin, VP, Linda Howell, Treas, and Me, Secretary ( I do not fetch coffee, wear loose fitting blouses, short skirts, nor will i sit on your lap  :D).

Our thanks to Bill and Brenda Phelan for providing another excellent Arcadia Bus Rally which gave us an ideal setting for getting together.  We also collected about $500 in the 50/50's which we donated to next year's rally fund.
Tom

Offline JohnVickrey

• 1960 PD 4104-4541
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:29 AM »
Tom neglected to mention he is also the Newsletter editor and publicist ;D for SE Cruisers.  The South East Cruisers is one of the oldest Bus Conversion clubs in the South East.  The Cruisers have kept such a low profile we are not known far and wide like some of the other clubs.  The South East Cruisers were co-sponsors and volunteers of the Bussin' Rally for several years.  Of late our membership has dwindled and interest in the club is not what it used to be.  South East Cruisers was once a Bus Conversion only club.  In an effort to increase membership the club is open to any FMCA member. 

John Vickrey   -   Dearing, GA
About 2 hours East of ATL on I-20 and 4 miles south of I-20.
Got Electricity and Water for 4-5 coaches.  Less that a mile to a
dumpstation.  Stop by and sit a spell.

Offline Ace

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »
I'd become a member again but like others, the lengthy meetings are a waste of time and if meetings were held to a limit, you might gain more members!
We started the NRG's and are having a blast meeting at different designated spots thru out the year doing whatever anyone wants to do without the bickering of meals, entertainment, officers, and dues!
Works for us and has even been started as NRG west with Van being the designated driver there!

A lot of bus people like myself unfortunately still work and their time away is valuable and not wanting to waste precious minutes in a tent meeting over OLD issues that never get solved OR changed!
Ive been told by many that the meetings are what caused declining memberships in a lot of clubs! Just food for thought!
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:47 AM »
We're very happy you like your NRG, Ace!  ;) ;)
Tom

Offline Ace

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:32 AM »
Its not only ME Tom its WE like it! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal