Author Topic: A great place to have conversion work done  (Read 4512 times)

Offline mikeH8H-649

A great place to have conversion work done
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:44:04 AM »
After getting so much work done on our bus by myself and finally being able to use it we needed heat to use it during the winter months,This is one area that I had put off because I just did not know how to work it all out and plumbing is by far not my strong suit.I decieded to have the heating system done by some one who could do it right and Bruce Knee and Ross Carlise were a great choice,after arriving at their shop sat( they were just finishing up a hitch installiation which looked great)they fed us lunch and we visted with the other bus owners there,A special thanks to Bill Glenn who as most of you know is just a great guy set me up with some parts we needed,then things got started on my heating system and they even let me help(get in the way)for no extra charge after a great dinner( you really have to have a meal put on by Bruce and Roberta Glenn)the work continued on the heat,they were bound for us to have heat that night and heat we had in short time we had a warm bus to sleep in and it was great.For anyone needing work done I would highly recommend these guys to do anything and there will be more that I will have done by them. They have a very nice and equipped shop and their work is excellent,as far as their prices I think they should be charging more than they do for what they are doing,Any way thanks guys and a special thanks to Bill Glenn,Walt,Ed,Howard for all of the help Mike and Kathy   P.S if this sounds like a plug for Bruce and Ross,that is exactly what it is as this is where you can get great work done for a more than fair price and there are too few placeslike that

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: A great place to have conversion work done
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Bruce yet, but we've spoken on the phone and from what I've seen in photo's and heard from those who've experienced first hand. He is quite knowledgable and a very talented craftsman!  As for Ross I've seen first hand his very professional work done on his own awesome MCI and have had the pleasure of working beside him as he dove right in and helped me while I was making repairs to Brian Elfert's Dina when they were both here at my place!  So I must say I'd have to agree with Mike & Kathy on the high reccomendations for these twofine craftsmen! Bruce & Ross I wish you both the best in your conversion business, as I have seen that both of you are very dedicated to fine craftsmanhip, & detail. I truly beleive t hat if ya'll do as great of work on your customer's coachs as you have your own you are headed for great success! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
Mike,

You had  the pleasure of meeting the nicest bus nuts that I ever come accross. Bruce has a built-in Welcome Mechanism that makes everybody

feel at home.  And the rest of the bunch are very knolageable in alot of areas. I guss that is what our Bus community is made of......

I'm just sorry I didn't make it last weekend to see you and Kathy again.   Sometimes you just have Family functions to attend...

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Homegrowndiesel

• Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel
  • 73-05 Eagle
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:29:40 PM »
Hey Mike & Kathy
Nice to see both of you again. Thanks for the kind words.

I will have to agree on that recomendation.

I have been procrastinating my combination hitch-mototcycle carrier for awhile.  :-[

After seeing the hitch installation they did last weekend on gr8njt's mci 9, and the price they are charging, I am going to have them do mine. 8)

Sure will be nice having our own transportation while we are in Arcadia.  ;)  See you there if not before.

Bill Glenn
Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3, 102d3 and NABI series 50 transit. Busnut x4

Offline gr8njt

• MCI-9 Crusader II
    • Bus Pages
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:21:29 AM »
I will have to agree on that recomendation.
I have been procrastinating my combination hitch-mototcycle carrier for awhile.  :-[
After seeing the hitch installation they did last weekend on gr8njt's mci 9, and the price they are charging, I am going to have them do mine.
Bill Glenn
Bill,
You have one "cool" bus conversion. Very impressive. Nice to have met you at "Bruce & Ross"
And yes, The hitch installation is just unremarkably flawless!! And a good price to boot!!
Ray
****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding

Offline kingfa39

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »
who are these people and where are they, do mech work as well??
Frank Allen

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »
Hi Frank,

Bruce Knee is in Harbbison Delaware. It's about 10 min's from Rohobeth Beach. 

I'm not sure on the mechanicals, but he is well equiped for everything else. Roof Raises, HVAC, Hitches, Reskinning exterior, ect.

You will have to take a trip over sometime. We usually have 3 to 8 busses there on weekends. Includeing myself.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:16 PM »
who are these people and where are they, do mech work as well??
Frank Allen

What kind of mechanical work are you talking about Frank?  At this point we can handle pretty much everything but engine and trans overhauls.  We primarily do conversion related work, but fill in the gaps with the occational brake job, airbag replacement, etc.

Ross   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal