Author Topic: Winter Battery Charging ? What are you using ?  (Read 8760 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: Winter Battery Charging ? What are you using ?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Yes Dewalt makes a charger I have 3 they are about 6x3 inches it comes with a stand or you can hang it on a wall has LED display neat little charger well worth the 30 bucks I paid 19.95 for mine on sale I also hard wired mine in the RV fwiw hands down better than a battery tender or minder
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline belfert

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:41 PM »
Clifford, why do you think it is so much better than the other two?  Is it just the price?  I need something to keep the battery charged on my stand-by generator for home.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline gus

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »
luv,

Give us a model #, all I can find is chargers for tool batts on their website?
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 05:49:02 AM »
Sometime you need the 8 amp chagrining Belfert and the 2 amp trickle on a minder or tender doesn't cut on a larger battery bank a Minder or tender will keep up on a single battery ? why pay 50 + bucks for a 2 amp mine have really worked good.

Gus I forgot the model number but they are in the tool dept at Lowes,Black and Decker also makes one but it is fairly larger than the DeWalt
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
  Sometime you need the 8 amp chagrining Belfert and the 2 amp trickle on a minder or tender doesn't cut on a larger battery bank a Minder or tender will keep up on a single battery ? why pay 50 + bucks for a 2 amp mine have really worked good.
Gus I forgot the model number but they are in the tool dept at Lowes,Black and Decker also makes one but it is fairly larger than the DeWalt 

I have three what appear to be almost identical chargers -- except for the name on them.  When you plug them into the wall, they all charge at 6 amps but there's a button to switch to 8 amps; they all drop to a 2 amp trickle when a set voltage is reached.  One is a "Stanley" BC6809, the other two have "Dewalt" on them. (And, oddly, the photos of the LCD readout screen on the Stanley don't match the actual graphics on Stanley charger but they do match the graphics on one of the Dewalt chargers but not the other although the Dewalt chargers appear identical in all other ways.)  All this may mean nothing, or it may mean something; I don't know. 
But they're *really useful* chargers, esp. for about $30!
BH  NC USA
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal