Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:02:13 AM »
A Blessing to all of our Bus Friends

Thank you for the blessings that you give to us each day;
For friends and family we hold dear, for all you send our way.
We ask that you will guide us well, in everything we do,
And pray we never will forget these blessings came from you.

Amen.

The Badame's
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline TomC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:25:07 AM »
Just like other people caught up in the bigger toy is better, I loose sight on what to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for living in the wealthiest country on earth with the best of everything available-including the health care to keep us healthy.  I'm thankful for having the best wife a man could ask for (I waited until I was 47 to get married). I'm thankful of being physically healthy (don't know about mentally though). I'm thankful for the nice condo I live in that doesn't leak, has running water, electricity, heat, air conditioning, and the computer I'm on now.  I'm thankful for having a job that is full filling to me. I'm thankful I can travel the world and this country. I'm thankful of all the different stores to easily maintain everyday supplies.
Next time you think your life is in the dumpster, just think of some of the 3rd world countries that just scratching out an exsistance is their main mission in life.  With putting up with the drug lords, the dishonest governments, no health care, limited electricity (sometimes none), clean water, sewage systems that don't spread disease, etc.

To all- have a Happy Thanksgiving, and just stop for a moment to think of what you are thankful for!  Good Luck, TomC 
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:44:24 AM »
Thanksgiving is one of those great marker days.

Where you can look back and remember all the great get togethers with family and friends

Reminisce about those who are no longer with us

And just plain be thankful to our Creator for all our blessings, individually and as a Country

Also a great week to do a "Random act of kindness" to a total stranger, or as my Ole Scoutmaster would say "Do a Good Turn Daily"

Wishing you ALL a safe, enjoyable, and memorable Thanksgiving

Cliff, Julie & the Kids
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 09:14:37 AM »
        Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, and the 1100 on this board. Also today is our 42 Wedding Anniversary, I'm thankfull for a wonderfull Wife, and three great Children and four great grand daughters.
        Peace to one and All

Pete & Jean
                       Fantasy
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

JerryH

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 08:12:43 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I echo the sentiments of others -- thankful for having a wonderful wife and two healthy and great kids.  Thankful for the family and friends we have.

Being that  Linda is Canadian ... her Thanksgiving is in October, so (a few years ago) we began to go away for Thanksgiving since my family moved to Florida and her family is in Nova Scotia.  We decided to alter tha annual holiday to us going away.  We would take the bus "somewhere" and enjoy the holiday with our immediate family.  We've all loved it -- enjoy the travel, the togetheness and new holiday "somewhere else."

This year the plan was Stowe, VT.  We were to leave Monday, but that was delayed to (supposedly) today, Tuesday.  But due to a problem with the GenSet, our plans to take the bus was squashed.

Discovered the genset overheating and it turned out to be an open seam in the upper right corner of the Rad.  So, gotta pull it in the garage, pull the genset, remove the rad and go over it.  I would have like to have simply soldered the Rad while in place, but I cannot drain it without pulling the unit -- which I've done a few times and it's a pain.  So I am gonna bite the bullet and pull it, remove the Rad, solder it and pressure test it ... just to make sure before I reinstall it.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I made reservations tonight for a place in Stowe and we're leaving tomorrow AM.  So we'll still enjoy the holiday as we normally do, less the bus.

ENJOY ALL!!

Jerry H. & Family  :)

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
Jerry,

You and your family have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Sorry the coach won't be with you....

Nick & Michelle

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I echo the sentiments of others -- thankful for having a wonderful wife and two healthy and great kids. Thankful for the family and friends we have.

Being that Linda is Canadian ... her Thanksgiving is in October, so (a few years ago) we began to go away for Thanksgiving since my family moved to Florida and her family is in Nova Scotia. We decided to alter tha annual holiday to us going away. We would take the bus "somewhere" and enjoy the holiday with our immediate family. We've all loved it -- enjoy the travel, the togetheness and new holiday "somewhere else."

This year the plan was Stowe, VT. We were to leave Monday, but that was delayed to (supposedly) today, Tuesday. But due to a problem with the GenSet, our plans to take the bus was squashed.

Discovered the genset overheating and it turned out to be an open seam in the upper right corner of the Rad. So, gotta pull it in the garage, pull the genset, remove the rad and go over it. I would have like to have simply soldered the Rad while in place, but I cannot drain it without pulling the unit -- which I've done a few times and it's a pain. So I am gonna bite the bullet and pull it, remove the Rad, solder it and pressure test it ... just to make sure before I reinstall it.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I made reservations tonight for a place in Stowe and we're leaving tomorrow AM. So we'll still enjoy the holiday as we normally do, less the bus.

ENJOY ALL!!

Jerry H. & Family :)
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 04:14:10 AM »
I am thankful for my family and friends.  I am going to be a grandma again next month and this time my daughter has had a good pregnancy.  I am thankful that I have a job, even though I hate it, and thankful that I might have a different job soon.  I am thankful for all the blessings God has given me, like my husband, who spoils me and loves me with all his heart and you can't ask for more than that. I'm warm and dry inside my bus and eat way too much....which is more than many people can say these days.  God is SO good to me.  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 09:32:53 PM »

Hello-

I’m heading out of town today to drop off a couple of engines—

I thought I would leave this for all the “real” turkey lovers, today-

A very Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes to all!

Cheers..
Mind the Gap!

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 06:25:27 AM »
 Paula and I feel we are are truly blessed to have a wonderful family, great friends, good health and to live in the greatest country.  Please keep our troops in your prayers.  Jack & Paula
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Slow Rider

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:46:28 AM »
A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and happy anniversary to Pete.  We are going non-traditional this year and grilling steaks with my son and his family.  Like all of you I am thankful for my family and friends.  I am also thankful for all the advice and potential new friends I have found here.  I can see why everyone considers the members of this board an extended family.  (even if there might be a few black sheep  ;D )

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Frank
The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8

Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 06:54:52 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL,

We also feel blessed living in this wonderful country, the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The freedoms we have are unmatched anywhere in the world.

Remember those fighting for our freedom in far away lands, they need our prayers daily.

We feel grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this Bus Community.

Blessings to ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS and every member of this board.

Paul and Becky Lawry

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 07:56:16 AM »
I'm thankful for God's blessings and forgiveness, which are plentiful,
For the Thanksgiving meal which is bountiful,
For the love and friendship of many folks, which is wonderful,
And for buses, which are critical!
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

JerryH

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
Nick & Michelle:

Thanks!  Just got back last night about midnight.  Although "bus-less" ... we had a nice time.  We had hoped to have "hit the slopes", but Stowe didn't open until Friday -- and only one trail down.  So decided not to get our 'snow legs' back under those conditions.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Stowe ... the weather was wonderful (despite no snow) ... did a bunch of sight-seeing ... the kids were (for all intense purposes) happy campers ... live was good.  Definitely would have wanted a tow-vehicle if we had taken the bus, so it worlked out well that we drove.  Could not have covered the ground and areas that we did (efficiently and effectively) with only the bus.

I'd like to share something from our Thanksgiving dinner.  While sitting there waiting for food to be served, I had been quizzing the kids with various questions.  So my next question, directed first to our 8-year daugher, was ... "If you could have lunch with [anyone] -- and after your lunch, you would likely never see them again, who would you want to share that lunch with?"   My daughter, with little thought, looked up and responded, "Nanny."  Talk about a touching moment for at the end of the summer, my 97 year old grandmother (aka: "Nanny") passed away.  The kids were close to her and visa-versa.  We had lived next to one another for, pretty much, ever until she moved to Florida a few years ago.  Out of the mouth of babes comes some of the best and heart-felt responses.  Just further reconfirmation of how blessed I am to have such great kids ... such a great family.  Ok,sorry for the long drawn out post ... now back to bus stuff.

Thought I'd share.

Jerry H.

Jerry,

You and your family have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Sorry the coach won't be with you....

Nick & Michelle

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 05:01:17 PM »
Jerry, Linda, & kids,

Thanks for the update about your trip. Great story!

I said it many of times how kids put everything into prespective.......

Hope to see you guy's soon!

Nick & Michelle-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal