Author Topic: check in at the Blytheville rally  (Read 3781 times)

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
check in at the Blytheville rally
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »

Blytheville rally

What day should we arrive in Blytheville for the rally.

Busy planning my route and who has to put up with me on the way there.

I know that I have one day reserved for BK. Just don't want the word out. If he finds out he might leave town.  LOL

Also trying to find out when Tenn state parks open and the corp of enginers campgrounds

ungle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
Re: check in at the Blytheville rally
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Ned -

Roadrunnertex & I are aimin' to arrive Thurs afternoon around four.

Have heard some folk are coming in Wednesday.

Sure wish you could drag BK along - let somebody else drive his charters!

Tom should chime in soon w/ details.

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline garhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »
Hey Ned,

My plans are to arrive in Blytheville on Wednesday afternoon.  Thought about stopping by BK's but, after running over his favorite lawn lounge during the last rally .....
gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline uncle ned

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:11:56 AM »

I am planning on being at BK's tuesday night. Keeping it quite so he will not lock up and leave town if he finds out.

come on by and we can go in togather.

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline uncle ned

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »

A bunch of waffles for breakfast would taste good

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »
I have volunteered to help Tom with the parking.  Because of the size of the rally and the logistics of parking buses in a downtown area, we will really need attendee cooperation.

The buses will be parked on public/private parking lots and on the public streets during the rally.  The town has agreed to close some of the streets during the rally.  They have been very enthusiastic and cooperative about the event.

We are working with them to arrange for a staging area for all early arrivals.  Once that is arranged, we will post the GPS coordinates and the city will help with signs.

We will then begin parking buses Wednesday night or Thursday morning.  Obviously, registered buses will be parked first.  Non-registered buses may have to remain in the staging area - depending on what the city allows for street/private parking for the rally.

Please do not park your bus in the general rally area without first checking in at the staging area.  We need to make sure that parking in the downtown area is not compromised during the week - until the rally begins.  We also need to work with the city to make sure that emergency vehicle access is assured.

I plan to arrive Sunday evening and start working with the city folks on Monday.  

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline pd4501-771

• Tom McNally
  • PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"
    • Tom's Garage
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
Thanks Jim. I appreciate your help and input. Like Jim said, as soon as we know where the city wants us to temporarily stage buses, we will pass that info along. I plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon. The city is also looking into passenger car parking areas for toads, dollies, trailers, and local show attendees' cars. I think we could probably start parking buses (at final event area) on Wednesday night. If you wish to get parked near your buddy, then just make that request known to the parking crew upon arrival to the temp. staging parking area. We will do our best to accomidate everyone, however, if you arrive much later than a buddy, (like the next day) chances are we will not be able to juggle coaches to get you parked near him. The parking at this event will present some challanges, but I think we will have a great event!  I think with this parking method it will go smooooth, and eliminate congestion, and confusion! 60 coaches registered now! If anyone has not registered yet, I really need those registration forms ASAP. I hate to beat a dead horse, but there will be no extra food available for "drop-ins" ! If you still need a form, I can get it to you. Just drop me an email request. Thanks

Tom McNally tbonemcnally@hotmail.com
PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal