Author Topic: Your Ultimate Bus Conversion?  (Read 17138 times)

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
Re: Your Ultimate Bus Conversion?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 06:27:27 AM »
Jeremy, I agree with you. Could be quite the piece of equipment, IF Sam Walker was NOT attached to it. I saw that setup in person, and could be kinda cool. But in this case, it is a nightmare since he is attached to it.

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline siberyd

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:45 AM »
Dream coach would also mean you have the funds to buy and build it up right?  My dream bus would be a 1989 Prevost H5-60 coach with a master suite in the trailer portion and a car in the bay.

It was the closest thing on the market that was similar to Cyclops - the bus in the "Big Big Bus" . I had a chance to drive the 60' Prevost on the freeway and back into a hotel parking lot. The coach had issues but was a dream to drive.

But with reality I am very happy with my PD 4104.

Siberyd
1957 PD 4104-2240 Lawn Art

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline belfert

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 08:07:46 AM »
My dream coach/RV would be something that didn't break down after sitting for months, even with lots of inspections and preventive maintenance.  I really like the idea of a truck conversion, but I can't sacrifice the length for the engine compartment in my present situation. 

If money was no object I would probably get a really nice semitrailer based RV with a new semi tractor to tow it.  I would hire a driver to get it to my destination and have them set everything up for me.  My group would just fly out and rent a car to get to the camp site from the airport.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:17 AM »
Hi  All, my 5A was the best floor plan I had seen and my first bus, my dream bus, now more experienced and closer, actually past my retirement age, my dream bus is a moving target. Yes a modern MCI 40ft, with an engine that can pull the mountains easily, with a floorplan that flows intuitively, time to enjoy it, a happy wife to ride with, my dogs at my side, friends to enjoy chatting with and beautiful sunsets to look at. Time seems to be moving at an ever increasingly quicker rate, causing me to constantly revise my wants and needs. I will have to work much longer, so the old girl parks in rv parks I couldnt get into with 40 ft, maybe my dream bus is a revamped and repowered bus that Im already sitting in, lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline siberyd

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 09:21:15 AM »
Jeremy,

Thanks for the movie clips.

Siberyd
1957 PD 4104-2240 Lawn Art

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
Like many of you, I am happy with the bus I have as well.  Although I really wish I could find a pancake big cam for it.
Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:19 AM »
It should be 35 foot or less on the outside including the garage and 45 foot on the inside, get 15-20 mpg (I don't want to be unrealistic), drive like a sports car, be capable of going off road, and come with a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.  I will have to think a bit more on it though before I put the order in.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal