Author Topic: Blytheville rally  (Read 37274 times)

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: Blytheville rally
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »
So how was the parade? Pictures anybody! LOL ;D

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline longjohn

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Hope everything has been successful as planned! Wish  that we could have made it down. Will Someone PLEASE post some Pics . We here at home are depending on you folks  to view all of the history of the vintage coaches  the dedication of the craftsman(owners) of the conversions and restoration of the  seated coaches all the hard work of everyone that has organized  (Tom and everyone Jim Shepard and others that have helped) the town of Blytheville  that welcomed  our Hobby with open arms ( i read in one of the news reports they are hoping there will be a Ghosts Rally next year).  Please share with us ( we need our fix!!!!!) ;D everyone please be safe on your journey's be they toward home or elsewhere............lj

Oh yeah did I mention Pictures :)
John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline longjohn

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »
Awesome !!!! Really wish we could have been there.
Thank you for the videos Paul

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Offline Seangie

• www.herdofturtles.org
  • And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles
    • Herd of Turtles
Re: Re: Blytheville rally
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
Hey...how come no Eagles in that parade?

;)

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S
'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'

Offline Boomer

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
I spoke to some of my Eagle buddies and they felt that the parade should feature vintage Greyhound or Trailways buses.  There were some of those including a beautiful ex Mt. Hood Stages 4104 in Trailways livery.  But no seated GHL or Twys painted Eagles.  Personally I think they should of went, there were some beautiful Eagles there.  One of the home boys kept pecking on the promoters to let him put his S&S in the exhibit and  parade, what a whacko.
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'47 GM PD3751-438, NO MORE
'65 Crown Atomic, NO MORE
'48 Kenworth W-1 highway coach, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
Only thing to do Boomer when the Eagles had their parade in Brownsville we had no GM's it would have been hard for them anyway we were always turning to the right nice show you guys put on  

Now tell me the MPG you are getting with the DDEC suspense is killing me lol

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 04:15:25 PM »
Ok, i must apologize for my silence for the last few days! I just recently yarded out my generator and haven't replaced it yet so unless we are plugged in to power we are running off of our house batteries and solar panels. The first couple of days at the rally there was no sun so we had to be frugal with what we ran on the bus, so no computer!  I also traded in my aircard for a MiFi and just got it going yesterday after we went to an rv park for the nite. Today we are in a park that we can't get a verizon signal for the MiFi so i am using the parks WiFi right now. :)  As for pictures, what i have can't compete with what is already online, good job done by those folks!!!!  Today as we were leaving the area i was trying to pin down what made this rally different from any of the other rallies that we have ever gone to, all of which were great,......but this one had something extra to it. I think that the only way i can describe it is to say that it had a "Cool" factor to it.  The buses were great, the owners were great, the townspeople were great, and the depot was great......it all added up to a once in a lifetime event and i wish to thank Tom McNally for coming up with the idea, the town of Blytheville for going all out to make it happen, to Tom, LC, and Megan for all of the work they did to make it work, and to everyone else involved.  Jim Shepherd did a great job of placing groups of buses together in an area that had some restrictions on where we could park. As you can see in some of the photos we were scattered all around the depot due to the layout of the streets and businesses in the area.  All in all, it was a great time and i wish more of you could have been there to share it with us.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
Amen to what Ed said!!

I'm sitting @ DFW, waiting to board my flight back to Fresburg, after yesterday's run with JL Vickers in his 4905 back to Palestine, TX.

We spent virtually the entire 10 hr drive talking about exactly what Ed covered so succinctly. 

I've got over 100 pics and six videos I'm going to sort thru and post after I get home, probably tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Boomer

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
Clifford so far I am dissapointed, best has been 8.00.  Only about 1,400 miles on it so far.  Going to take some time to break in and get her power.  Zero oil consumption so far, sure nice to drive though.  Wayne and I are sitting in Salina waiting to see what the big snow storm is going to give us.  Supposed to have a low of 9 degrees in Grand Island, NE.  Right in my path home wouldn't you know it.
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline Boomer

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
Ed and I lucked out, we were the first two buses to hit Blytheville last Sunday so we got the benefit of some free meals and tours courtesy of L.C., the guy in charge.  One highlight was our trip to Graceland in two Scenicruisers, a GHL 4104 and a '68 Flxliner.  That must have looked cool going down the freeway.  Never had a town roll out the red carpet for buses like this one.  I think you will see other gatherings there in the near future.  Lots of very professional pictures were taken under the neon and should be hitting the airwaves soon.
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline pd4501-771

• Tom McNally
  • PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"
    • Tom's Garage
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
All

Thanks so much for the compliments about Blytheville. I had great help from the city, and Jim Shepherd, and many others. We had an excellant time. The town folk really rolled out the red carpet. What a blast. Returned home last night about 11 pm. Had a three hour (unscheduled) lay-over waiting for mobile tire repair truck to return to his shop off I-55, about 50 miles south of St. Louis. We had a blowout on the inside tag axle dual on my Scenic. No biggie. Lucked-out. did not touch the bags. Here are a five videos I ran across (below) on Youtube (shot by my buddy Paul Von Fange of Minneapolis. Thanks to all who made the effort to attend, and to those that helped promote the idea. I will post more photo/video links as I hear of them.

Tom McNally

http://youtu.be/e1HIoNxIyCY

http://youtu.be/txPAJuyvA4k

http://youtu.be/QfdZy3TcORM

Blytheville Parade

http://youtu.be/K2t1RfFYmTs

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com

Offline Boomer

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
Tom, YOU ARE THE MAN.  Glad we finally got to meet in person.  Great job.  Now relax, you earned it.  Really wonderful job  on the book too!  Evanston in 2015?  But hey, couldn't you make it slightly later in the year?  Waiting out a snow storm and I wanna go home, lol.
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline pd4501-771

• Tom McNally
  • PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"
    • Tom's Garage
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:06 PM »
Thanks Boomer. It was GREAT to meet you, Stan, and all the others. We'll have to see how Evansville (Indiana) does with their project. LC., Megan, Toybe & the gang will be hard to beat. They poured their hearts into this deal. They already want to do it again. I spoke to several older Blytheville natives during the band performance Sat. night, who really seemed to get a shot of local pride from you all taking over their little old town for the weekend. It was really cool to see all the locals get excited about their hometown again. I hope there are less questions now, as to why the town spent so much coin on restoring an old bus terminal. The fact that you guys were willing to make huge investments (fuel, time, lodging, food, airfare, etc) to spend time in their bus station proves that they really have a gem. It is an amazingly powerful little building! It makes us bus dudes do funny things!

Tom   
PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2013, 03:23:16 AM »
A couple of shots of Marks Silverside.

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal