Author Topic: Spotted one of the cool buses from the "Ghosts of Hwy 61 Rally" headed East!  (Read 2980 times)

Offline B_K

Yesterday afternoon my brother in-law an I were headed west on I-40 between exits 87 & 85 in Jackson, TN and I saw a cute little blue an white bus headed the opposite direction.

I don't know who it belongs to, or even what make/model it is.

But I do know it is awesome and cute as can be!

I saw it in the photo's from the rally and copied the link to it.

http://gordophoto.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/BUS-PARADE/G0000RcJUn7nWgWo/I0000mo0GpzVts3Y/C0000bynT505mZv8

It's a gorgeous little blue bus with a white top and has "Spartan" on the front and Moyers Transportation on the top.

COOL bus! I wish I hadn't been in a van in a hurry to get to Memphis to pick up one of ours from Clarke Power Service before closing time.
Other wise I'd turned around and followed it until they made a stop and introduced myself!
;D  BK  ;D

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
BK I think that is one of the older Flxibles

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline Seayfam

That is a 1948 Spartan and I think it belongs to Don and Sandy Moyer. That is a very rare bus and very cool! That and the old Flx Clipper are my favorite old buses.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "

Offline Rick59-4104

The owner told me it was made by Spartan, not the Oklahoma based Spartan Aircraft Company that made aluminum travel trailers after WW11, but a different short lived Spartan Bus Co. out of Sturgis Michigan.

Someone may correct me but I think it had a transplanted 400 SB Chevy in it. One of very few made...

Rick
NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
BK -

As has been mentioned, it's a 1948 Spartan.  From what I gathered, only 12 were made, and there are just four known survivors.