Author Topic: POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!  (Read 588717 times)

Offline richard5933

Re: POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!
« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2020, 06:55:10 AM »
Sharp looking bus. Best wishes for many happy miles!
Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 Custom Coach "Land Cruiser" (Sold)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (Former Bus)
1994 Airstream Excella 25-ft w/ 1999 Suburban 2500
Located in beautiful Wisconsin

Offline dizzyg44

« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2021, 08:34:46 PM »
Hi guys and gals...

I guess this is also intro post for me as well as pics of our full time home..

I'm Garrett, we're a family of four full timing for about 6 years though our bus has only been apart of our family 8 months so far.  She had some issues at the start, losing the clutch on our first trip about 1500 miles in. Thank goodness for the fine folks at newcastle heavy equipment, chris was amazing.

Currently, we're in the Q for a little bit before heading to our next job at the Grand canyon...

Anyways, heres our '77 mc8...

Offline OKIE9ERS

« Reply #617 on: April 06, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
Bought this bus in '18. Retired Mar 22, so finally hoping to get this conversion done.
I'm back!!
'81 MC-9 8V-71
4SPD DANA

Offline Marweav

• 1997 MCI 102 DL3
Weaver Family & MCI Conversion in progress!
« Reply #618 on: October 03, 2021, 07:50:44 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Looking forward to some great interactions on this forum!
We are a large family 10 boys / 1 princess, doing an MCI DL3 conversion. We love traveling and we love fixer upper projects. We also love people and creating new friendships!

Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the good news (that Jesus brings), because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes"

Offline Jaime&Patrick

Hello world!
« Reply #619 on: October 27, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »
My wife and I have recently purchased a 2000 Setra S215 HDH and are in the process of gutting her before building our perfect live-aboard. She had been owned by a charter company up here in the Pacific Northwest, and after they removed her from their regular fleet, she was parts storage (judging by what we've discovered in her luggage bays). They sold her to a young man with dreams of converting her, but ultimately no time to do it. He did get so far as removing the seats and repainting her before putting her up on Facebook Marketplace, where we first saw her.

We're excited and scared, but glad to have found a great community of bus enthusiasts with experience and knowledge we can draw upon. I've already inhaled most of the dead battery threads...  ;D

Offline jasonfarrington

1966 Twin Coach
« Reply #620 on: January 07, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »
1966 Twin Coach. Originally a Highway Post Office.

Mid-engine 12.2L/743ci Cummins turbo. 50,000 miles on rebuilt drive train. 10-spd Road Ranger. Jake brakes. 12KW Perkins 4.108 generator.

Offline Jflowers.81

« Reply #621 on: July 26, 2022, 03:30:40 AM »
My 1981 mc9

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #622 on: October 11, 2022, 09:26:42 AM »
1st bus MCI 1966 5A 8V71 non turbo, Aliison Auto,
Current bus 1989 102C3 8V92 Turbo, Allison 740
Both called the Italian Greyhound after my dogs, lvmci
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline Bill62

« Reply #623 on: March 22, 2023, 03:24:15 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Bill, and I have just recently purchased a 1982 MCI MC9 Custom Coach Corporation bus conversion. We sold the last camper that I will ever own, back in July. At first we thought that we would get a drivable camper, so we looked at used Class Cs, but found that for the same money as the ones we liked, we could get an older Class A. I was doing a lot of researching on them, and watching videos on YouTube, and that is when I stumbled upon Bus Grease Monkey videos, and I was hooked. I really liked the older bus conversions, but that's because I am a car guy, the wife wasn't so keen on the idea at first, but as I continued researching, she seemed to like some of the ones that I was finding. I had joined the BGM website, and met a bunch of great guys on there, and over the coarse of about 7 months, and many dead ends as far as purchasing one, I found a beautiful 89 Prevost in Montana, this was around Thanksgiving, I sent the owner a message, and we talked, but was not able to close on the deal. Between then and Christmas, I found this coach, and fell head over heels in love with it. It was beyond what our budget would allow, but I kept after him, and he finally lowered the price to me. It was still more than I could afford, and it was 5 states away. The wife kept saying, can't you find something closer to Texas? And that was the thing, all of the nicer coaches that I found were on one coast or the other, or way up north. After much deliberation with the boss lady,  I finally convinced her to let me purchase this one. I had put it on the BGM website, and one of the members, Walter aka DoubleEagle offered to do an inspection on it for me, which saved me from having to fly up there to look it over. This man went above and beyond for me. A friend of mine and I were going to go get it, as I have never driven anything that big, and he has a Fleetwood Discovery. Well after the inspection that Walter did, we decided to make the purchase, still kind of nervous about the whole thing. Walter then offered to help me get it home, and since he has been around buses and heavy equipment all his life, it didn't take me 2 milliseconds to take him up on his offer. Plans were made, airline ticket bought, and then Walter contacted me again, and said that he would go over and do some pretrip maintenance on it the day before I was to arrive. Walter lives over an hour from there. He changed out bulbs on the roof, tail lights, checked hubs for oil, brought his own generator and air compressor, filled all of the tires with air as it had been sitting for a couple of years, then he met me there the next morning and did 99 percent of the driving, we stopped at the Dayton Air Field, and he let me practice making right hand turns in the coach, then on to Texas, we took it slow, and were on the road for a little over a day and half, and made it to my house just as the ice storm hit there at the end of January. I had to get him to the airport the next morning, and he still had to collect his truck at the previous owners house, his flight was delayed several hours, and he landed in a snow storm in Columbus, didn't make it home until the wee hours of the morning. I will always be indebted to this man, who stepped up for me, like no other man besides my own father.
Anyway,  after we got home, I joined the Custom Coach Corporation fan page on Facebook, and found out that this was a unique coach. It was the first one built as a show/demo coach to entice people to buy one, and to compete with what Marathon coach was doing at the time. She doesn't look exactly like she did when she was new, but very close, and has held up really well over the last 40 years. She only has 152K on the clock, and has a rebuilt 8V92 in her. There is more to the story but here she is. I will also add a couple of videos that I did for her.
Custom Coach Corporation show/demo coach
1982 MCI MC9 40 ft
8V92 Turbo
Allison 5 speed auto
2 stage Jacobs brake
Cruise control
Wild Bill North Central Texas

Offline Bill62

1982 MCI MC9 40 ft
8V92 Turbo
Allison 5 speed auto
2 stage Jacobs brake
Cruise control

Offline Bill62

1982 MCI MC9 40 ft
8V92 Turbo
Allison 5 speed auto
2 stage Jacobs brake
Cruise control

Offline Bill62

1982 MCI MC9 40 ft
8V92 Turbo
Allison 5 speed auto
2 stage Jacobs brake
Cruise control

Offline la02max

« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2023, 05:45:29 AM »
Hello everyone! New MCI owner here with a 1972 MCI-7. I'm unsure about many of the details since I've only seen it in person twice on two very short trips, but my brother and I are going to pick it up in Western Nevada next month. We inherited this from our father and were so shocked at its condition that we decided to keep it, at least for a few years.

I live in Louisiana and my brother lives in Colorado, so it's been tricky for us to get free time to manage this, but we made a trip back in October '22 and another last month in March '23. During the October trip, we started it up and drove it a little bit but the house batteries were dead so there were a lot of things not working (gauges, headlights, etc.). We purchased new batteries on this past trip and got everything to work, but we didn't drive it due to snow.

For this trip upcoming in May, the to-do list is as follows:

- Replace the tag axle tires and then install those new ones on the steers, and move the steer tires to the tag
- Oil change with Delvac 1240
- New fuel filters
- Change oil on generator
- Change fuel filter on generator
- Get generator running
- Check all other fluids - Coolant, transmission oil, blower gearbox oil, power steering, etc
- Fix a lower awning bracket that broke
- Check over all the hoses in the engine bay. I saw one, in particular, that looked like it was on its last leg.

After the major services are complete, we're going to move it into a campground and plug into shore power and hook up the plumbing to test all of that. Then we'll get on the road to Flagstaff, AZ where we'll pick up a few more passengers before driving back to Colorado Springs. This trip will be done with a 2002 mini cooper S as a Toad. Looking forward to it!

Offline Bill62

« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2023, 05:53:57 AM »
Very nice, congratulations to you both. That thing is sweet!
1982 MCI MC9 40 ft
8V92 Turbo
Allison 5 speed auto
2 stage Jacobs brake
Cruise control

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal