Author Topic: POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!  (Read 587760 times)

Offline michaeldterry

Re: POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2010, 04:49:30 AM »
Thanks to all for the kind comments re: my Prevost! Her name is "Evangeline" (my wife named her) and she is our pride & joy! The newer H3's are nice and all, but ya gotta love the shiney stainless of the older XL's!
Michael & Dr. Vita Terry with Scooter & Ginger, the "buspuppies"
Woodstock, GA
1996 Prevost XL-45 Featherlite Vantare - "Evangeline"
2005 Custom PT Cruiser tow

Offline divinerightstrip

• 1990 Le Mirage XL
    • getting there by bus
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2010, 01:56:52 PM »
Hello all,

Here is my current project: "Urge" a 1990 Prevost LeMirage XL that I have begun the slow process of converting.

Bought the bus from Gokey&Quinn bus company last April. (plans to strip the old paint off are in the works! I love the look of the stainless)

shot of the 8v92 that needs some serious love. (or that'll most likely make me some $$ in scrap metal!  ;D)

Love all the buses that I've seen here so far!
I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

-Anja
The Bus Girl

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
Spring thaw in the bus yard reveals an old spicer tranny amongst the transits....

Offline Le Mirage

• Le Mirage XL 1987
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
My new project...Here's Latcho Drom II (sorry but the blog is in french but pics... ;D)

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html
Gaëtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

Offline Antknee

• Nothin great has been accomplished without passion
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2010, 03:26:51 PM »
Here's my project bus shes an 1982 Prevost Le Mirage, we dont have a name for her yet, but I am sure it will come to me..
Still have lots of work to do on her.

Anthony Brown
82 Prevost Le Mirage
Jewell, Kansas

http://prevostconversion.blogspot.com

Offline Le Mirage

• Le Mirage XL 1987
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
"Nothin great has been accomplished without passion"

I'm agree with you! Have fun with your new bus...

Gaëtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

Offline it_mike

Pulled the seats today
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
Just got my bus last weekend, and started stripping the interior today.  We have to head south in a couple of weeks, so we may leave some of the interior intact.

1980 TMC Crusader II

Offline Oilslick

« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
The one I sold. The one I bought. The family I love!

1987 MCI-9- Gone
1989 MCI 102-A2- Gone
1982 Eagle Model 10- Gone
1988 Eagle Model 20 GSA- Grazing
1981 Eagle Model 10 Entertainer- Getting a transplant

Offline ea90744

« Reply #368 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »
I bought this bus recently a couple months back in May. As of last month, all decals ( letterings ) have been removed. The paint looks good so that stays.  I fuel this bad puppy up at Clean Energy Fueling stations or anywhere that has a Public CNG fuel pump...especially a high pressure pump for trucks/buses. It costs me about $130 to fill it up vs the $410 for my diesel bus...which has a 125 Gallon Tank. This bus recieved a brand new Cummins L10G engine AND Allison Transmission in December 2008. Ten months later, it was retired from service. The powertrain still has lots of life left with only 9000 miles on both.

Year : 1996
Make & Model : Neoplan AN440
Fuel Type : <CNG> Compressed Natural Gas
Fuel Capacity : 4000PSI
Number of Fuel Cylinders : 12-Lincoln CNG Fuel Cylinders. 10 Fuel Cylinders underneath the passenger floor...and 2 additional tanks behind the rear passenger bulkhead
Fuel Range : 310 miles

Engine : Cummins L10G Bravo 280hp. This bus got a new Cummins L10G engine in 2008.
Transmission : 6 speed Allison B400R6 transmission with retarder
Top Speed : 80mph

Tire Size : 11R24.5

Offline Tully Lee

« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
1990 LeMirage Prevost---- Have had for 2 1/2 years now.  Always a work in progress....
Some exterior shots...

Tully Lee

Offline steve wardwell

• 73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2010, 04:56:24 PM »
In 05 we found her out in Salt lake Utah 80% done bought her and headed home to FL. :) Power steering Broke down in Flagstaff AZ :o.,New front sneakers Albuquerque NM  ??? ;).8 airbags, shocks,front seals in Dallas TX :o. Integral steering Orlando FL. ::) 11 new batteries  Okeechobee FL. It took the next 3 years to sort out the last  projects to finish her out. ;) Have full-timed since we've owned her 8) And yes I'm still married. :-* LOL ;D
Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%

Offline Mex-Busnut

« Reply #371 on: July 22, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »
This one is about to be our bus, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.  It is a 1992 Mexican-made MASA Premier. MASA is the acronym for "Mexicana de Autobuses, Sociedad Anónima".

**Seating for 41 passengers