Author Topic: POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!  (Read 588950 times)

Offline 86neoplan

• My Little Bus
Re: POST YOUR BUS PICTURE HERE!
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the board, and My son and I are going to be fixing this up and converting this little bus.

It's a 1986 Neoplan AN408. Its only 26' long and wants to grow up to be a big bus someday...LOL

Here is a Picture of her.

I created a web page for this little bus too, and you can click on it to see more...

http://www.pittsburghtransit.com/lilneo.html

I look forward to talking to you all and learning more!

Shawn
Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...

Offline begreen123

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2006, 04:59:17 AM »
here is our 51 Flx.

Offline begreen123

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2006, 05:14:08 AM »
last one...

Dallas

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
OK,
I've been asked about a dozen times to post pictures of my bus. You asked for it, You got it! She ain't pretty but she's mine!

that being said, I've had a few people tell me that they don't want to bring their buses to a Rally, ANY rally because they aren't done, or they aren't up to snuff, or they did it their way, or, or , or.....
Heeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeessssss, MILLIE!

How about a little information about her please? Year, Make, Model, engine, etc. Please!
Richard

Ok Richard, I guess I should have said a little more about her.
Her name is Millicent and she is a 1952 GMC PD4103
She has the standard engine of the time, the 6-71N and I'm not sure what she puts out for horsepower, because when I was replacing the head gaskets and fire rings I found she had 3 N65 injectors, 1 HV7 and 2 N60's. With advanced timing she does OK on fuel.
The transmission is the standard Spicer Crash box and the rear gears are 3-2/11:1
I do my best not to find any hills to stop on or back up on.
I've rewired the entire dash, drivers control panel and engine compartment and made corrections on the wiring diagrams as I went.
The interior is done up in early American sanitary landfill, since I had knee surgery in February and was in the middle of remodeling and then work seemed to get in the way of the important stuff.
Plans for her are to paint her back to approximate 1952 Trailways Livery, including the National Trailways Logo.
She's my OTHER sweety and we'll probably have her for a long, long time.

Offline ktrout01

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2006, 04:43:37 AM »
Here's my 1976 4905 as purchased from Michaud Bus several years ago. I had US Coach take care of all the mechanicals but the projecthas been on hold since I came back from the Middle East and funds haven't been readily available. I'm getting pressure from our budget coordinator (me dear wife) to sell it or do something with it. I'm choosing to get the project moving again and hopefully has it usable within a month or so. The inside is stripped but I already have most of the interior/tanks/pumps and boxes of other stuff. The two major systems that I'm in need of are generator and A/C. The bus A/C is dead so I'll be ripping that out to make room for the genset. I'll probably go with a Wrico unless I can scroung something locally.

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
Tucson   1962 PD4106; 8v71, 318 horse w/ propane injection,allison730,solar,Primus heat through out coach and bays, 3 way fridge,100 fresh 60 gray, 40 blk, and lots-o-cool stuff. much loved, driven often...
we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »
HA!  I finally figured out how post a picture.

Here is our 1964 PD4106 with 8V71 and 4sp Spicer.  It was converted in the late eighties.
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

Ace

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »
This is our H3 model Prevost home conversion we call "Fools Gold " while parked in Arcadia at the Bussin 06 Rally. Picture taken at dusk.

Ace

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »
Right- Here's pics’ of the old girl. From the info I could gather so far it’s a 1947 model 41.

I fell she's a looker with much potential (aesthetic, anyway). It’s all there with just the center rear running lamp and headlamp broken. The driver's side glass and one rear glass is also cracked and a couple of side panes are missing/broken. Plus, the grille-guard below the front valance is a bit bent.

The dents are only in stainless (?) surrounds on the front blinkers and trim.
It does have a lot of stuff to polish. The whole front roof marker lamp cap is stainless or aluminum as is the wide strip down the sides. The only chrome I could find were the bumpers which were painted silver at one time. The destination marker on the front has a broken plexi and the roll is torn up.

Inside some starlings lived in the overhead vents and a blacksnake kept them in check. It stinks of bird droppings and most of the dash area and gauges have a good amount of surface rust. There's a lot of hay around the drivers' area which I suspect was used for the nest building.
Also it says “Air conditioned” over the entrance door. I would have never thought!

Sadly the “wig-wam” which swings back and forth to remind of low air pressure is complete but was used a a perch—so it is heavily pitted.

If I can get it fired I’ll have a better idea of it’s fate—if not, I guess it’ll make a nice looking shelter down by the pond—or sold to someone who can fix it—something I’d rather not see happen.
Mind the Gap!

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2006, 09:13:40 PM »
Another-
Mind the Gap!

Offline Brill-o

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2006, 09:15:41 PM »
And one more-
Mind the Gap!

Offline 46Brillbus

• 1946 ACF Brill
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »
This is "Frieda Roam"...our 1946 ACF Brill IC-41. She has a balanced/blueprinted Hall Scott 779 cci. 6 cylinder gas motor and a 9 speed Eaton Fuller transmission...twin stick! She has 24.5 Alcoa Wheels, Garrison Steering and a full RV conversion. I did not build her. The gentleman responsible bought her in 1967 after her career with Santa Fe Trailways. He did all the conversion and then owned her until the early 2000's. She changed hands twice until we had the opportunity to have her. She would be considered an old conversion but she has been loved and cared for so nothing needs to be changed. The appliances have all been upgraded. We live full time on the road doing wildlife work and she is a major part of our program. Later I will post better photos with interior shots...all stainless and beautiful woodwork. Low and lean and very fast...although I like 60mph...she goes way beyond that and averages about 9 mpg. Sounds funny but she rides like a Cadillac on the highway and forest service roads. She still has the original drivers compartment..speedometer with speedograph cards...kind of fun!

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2006, 05:43:58 PM »
We often run into fellow busn' guys at music festivals...last week at Mt. Airy, NC, we ran across this gem of a Flex...still has the gasoline engine, dual exhaust and appears to be in really good condition.   Owned by one Eddie C. from Maryland. Bus came from Minnesota.      I tried to get more info, but failed to catch him at the bus.  Believe the coach was bought recently off Ebay. 
Eddie didn't seem to access any bus websites...real "do it yourselfer."  Needless to say, I recommended MAK's website as an excellent source of support and information.
Eddie and my paths crossed (and haven't crossed again until last week) back in 1976 when he was a combo bus mechanic and dancer with the Green Grass Cloggers.  My wife and I danced with another group so we occasionally met.  His bus mechanic skills interested me...that's the only reason I remember him...that also give some indiction to when I became interested in owning a bus.   Green Grass used a '49 Flex for a travel coach.   Eddie was always working on the thing.  Apparently he still enjoys working on them. 
Enjoy the pix!
BTW, Phil, if posting pix of others coaches is considered not cool, let me know.  Best, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2006, 08:27:57 PM »
Ok I finally learned how to post a picture of my baby!
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline 77FlxTransit

• Hampton Roads Transit
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2006, 09:38:52 PM »
1977 Flxible New Look Transit
8V71N
V-730
40' X 96"
Retired from revenue service in 2000.

Bus purchased @ auction from Hampton Roads Transit (Norfolk, VA) for $600.

Plans include:  2 sets of bunks in rear, 1 sleeper in front lounge, viewing platform on roof in rear, 2 roof airs, closing in front door...keeping rear door for entry, genset will be located in former front step well, removing/replacing entire floor.

Special thanks to Tony White and Bobby Mann for their skill and product contributions.

Check out www.loctite.com for adhesive info. 
Stephen Bahen
Hampton, VA
77 Flx Transit New Look
8v71N, V-730, 40'X96"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal