Author Topic: Bus board sharing info?  (Read 12914 times)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Bus board sharing info?
« on: April 20, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »
I view at least 3 boards. Have been active on all three and learned from all three. Was disappointed to learn Jon from PC has been blocked from posting here.  Prevostcommunity not POG has helped me with problems with my 98XLE build. I'm still trying to work out gears for my rear end. Meritor said they had a 2:92 set for my housing but have not been able to deliver. My rear end guy is still trying. Jon and the guys at PC have been more than helpful also. Anyone understand the Prevost vs other brand riff.  It's a bus!!   I like them all!!!!    Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline luvrbus

Re: Bus board sharing info?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
Never knew there was a riff Bob bunch of Prevost owners here and with the prices so low will probably be a lot more over the next few years  

To bad about about Jon not being able to post here nice guy and knowledgeable about the Prevost first I heard of that  

I did notice the PC board does not link this site from their board that could cause a problem I would think, in fact I don't think the POG,Prevost Stuff or Prevost Prouds link this site either lol almost like they want to separate from the bus nuts but not Jon

GOOD LUCK
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
I refer to BCM quiet often on other boards and my post are not pulled.  If any one has Prevost ? Clifford or any one else can"t answer I will post over there for you. I have had MCI and Prevost myself and worked on many other brands for others. Busnuts are Busnuts.  There are toooo few of us to not get along.   Off topic? or dead on?    Bob

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
I post on the PC Bob not much because those guys are dead on most of time

good luck

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Guess I'm band next! Lots of good guys here!!!Best wishes to all.    Bob

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »
Why was it something I said ?

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »
No Clifford; Just open comment. Just venting myself. Don't feel we can loose anyone! I try to stay neutral and do understand what it has taken the powers to be to keep the spammers and hackers out. I/we need all the educated people we can get and all the Questions the new people ask to keep us thinking and growing.With the growth of Prevost owners now= some new electronics that are out of my league. Level-Low was tough!   Bob

Offline Van

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
Guess I'm band next! Lots of good guys here!!!Best wishes to all.    Bob
Bob, don't you dare get your self banned  ;D You, Clifford and many others are most certainly those good guys ;) for putting forth the time and effort to help others.

A hearty thanks to all of you!! :)
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 04:28:10 PM »
I am not familiar with any Jon getting banned and looked through the active bans and only see a couple that I don't already know aren't named Jon.  I will alert Phil to this thread and maybe he can resolve it.

There are certain blocks of IP addresses that are blocked, mostly from the orient or Russia due to excessive spamming coming from those areas of the world.  Every once in a while we learn of an IP that falls in a blocked range but is not over there.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
prevostman  was/is- his board name. He set up prevostcommunity to bridge a gap (in my opinion) between the home builder and older coach owners and newer/factory prevost owners plus Prevost factory tech support. I see only a positive relationship here. I post there and have referred people to BCM and it's Advertisers on several occasions. They have shared articles to help our members solve their problems.   Bob

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »
There isn't any member registration by that name nor any block against that name.  If he is experiencing blockage, it has to relate to the IP address issue I described above.  Ask him what is ip address is.  If he doesn't know, tell him to enter www.whatismyip.com into his browser's address bar and hit enter.   The resulting screen will tell the ip address he is accessing from.  PM that to me once he gets that for you.

I agree, it sounds like a good alliance and he sounds like a good and helpful bus nut who would be an asset to the forum community.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
My mistake   prevosman  page 90   2nd  down  jon  w    Sorry about that misspelling   Bob

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »
There are no bans in effect for him and as near as I can tell there haven't been any.  And his IP address that he last connected from (January 2012) is free and clear.   I looked at his last few posts and they were all helpful posts.  There is no reason he can't post as far as I can see.  Unless of course he is now connecting from an ip that is too close to one of those geo-blocks that I talked about.

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
 He is reading this post with interest. I was concerned also because I know both parties involved. You can visit prevostcommunity  under general discussions the topic o POG censorship started the discussion. view the site in general.  I should drop this and lets get back to business of building and repairing buses.  Bob

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 07:06:34 PM »
I would suggest he try posting here again.  As I said, I don't see any indication of a ban.  And I just searched the moderator board for any discussion about him and there wasn't any (which if there had been a problem, there would be).

One thing I did notice is that the day after his last post was when we had one of the big server failures.  Is it possible that he made the post about that forum on January 12, 2012, and then checked back on the 13th and found the server offline - then made an assumption that he had been banned?

In any case, he is definitely not banned now and is welcome to post.  Note - that is not to say welcome to actively promote another forum, but there is nothing wrong with occasional non promotional mention of it or including a reference to the site in his sig line.  And the occasional helping of a member who can't seem to get registered is fine.  Just like you see here regarding BNO or EI.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal