Author Topic: Anyone use any CAD for interior design? (or in my case, google sketch up)  (Read 13426 times)

Offline Oonrahnjay

This stuff looks so good.  I've downloaded the SketchUp software and after hours of trying, I can't get it to draw a straight line.  I'll keep trying but I'm not holding my breath.
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Jnbroadbent

This stuff looks so good.  I've downloaded the SketchUp software and after hours of trying, I can't get it to draw a straight line.  I'll keep trying but I'm not holding my breath.

It made no sense to me but i was determined to finally get a grasp of it. Watched some youtube vids, when I encountered problems I googled it which typically brought me to the sketchup help site.

To me when I realized it was perspective it made more sense. Like if you wanted to draw a line up, look at it from the side rather then some weird skewed/cock-eyed perspective and it will snap to the axis you want. (b/g/r for xyz)
Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl

Offline Oonrahnjay

It made no sense to me but i was determined to finally get a grasp of it. Watched some youtube vids, when I encountered problems I googled it which typically brought me to the sketchup help site.

To me when I realized it was perspective it made more sense. Like if you wanted to draw a line up, look at it from the side rather then some weird skewed/cock-eyed perspective and it will snap to the axis you want. (b/g/r for xyz)

I'm going to keep trying; it's not like I have anything filling up my copious free time (I have lots of that, I'm a bus owner)!
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal