Author Topic: Hello to all Bus Conversion Magazine Members!!  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Lisa - Office Manager BCM

Hello to all Bus Conversion Magazine Members!!
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
Please make note: May 17 to May 19 I will not be in the office. Although there was word that the Caverns Rally had been cancelled, I was happy to find out that it has not been cancelled and I will be there on behalf of Bus Conversion Magazine. This in fact will be my very first rally so I am eager to get out there and participate. I am one of the few people in the world that can say they love their job and I am learning so much about the joys of bussing. I would like to thank all of you for your continued support to the magazine. I would also like to thank those of you that have had BCM troubles and have patiently waited while they were resolved. If at this time you are experiencing any problems or just would like to give your feedback please feel free to contact me as all questions, comments, and concerns are very important to us.

Lisa Garcia
Office Manager
Phone: (714) 903-1784
Email: Lisa@BusConversions.com

Offline Utahclaimjumper

Re: Hello to all Bus Conversion Magazine Members!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
 I can't believe the people at BCM Mag., You obviously don't review the board very often or you would have known the cancellation word has been out for a couple of weeks.. I know you can't run your business with out planning,, others need planning also.. Please GET ON THE SAME PAGE!!.>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline Van

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »
Lisa, you might want to read this thread , the fun stuff starts at post 13  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=25071.0;all#lastPost
  We had handful of folks that planned to attend this rally but have now made last minute plans to salvage their scheduled time off, due to the posted cancelation. I feel that BCM (you's guys  ;)) could pull off one heck of a bus gathering, just say the word! It seems as of lately, whenever the MAK has his fingers in the mix, it always tastes funny. Leave him out, and we'll be in! There! it's off my chest now! :)

Sorry for the rant :)
   Van & Cheryl :)
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Geoff

• Geoff & Sherry's RTS Conversion Pics
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »
Interesting. 

The people that were going already bailed out and got a refund on their reservations. 

--Geoff
Geoff
'82 RTS AZ

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:55 AM »
Lisa,

I really feel for you. Sounds like you will be the only person out there. A few weeks ago it was announced that the rally was canceled, as Van said. IMHO, it would be better if you saved your travel money for another rally that YOU (NOT mak) setup. Folks are totally fed up with mak (if you couldn't tell that already). Some folks that live right there might still show up, but I doubt many will.

Thanks for what you are doing with the magazine, but this is really too bad. Mak had to mess something else up.

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline BRUISER

• iMPAKS
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:27:31 AM »
come to the Bus Rally in North Carolina :)
iMPAKS.com
Raleigh, NC
1983 MCI MC-9

Offline Lisa - Office Manager BCM

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »
Yes, unfortunately the rally was officially canceled by the owners of the Caverns and I posted that information myself in the previous thread.  It was cancelled partially because only four people with buses signed up they decided that it did not justify spending money on all of the activities for that small number of people. Then after that, several people replied to the thread that they were going anyway.

They said they were looking forward to getting together for a non-rally as they had already made plans to go and I hope you enjoy your gathering. I have since changed my mind and will not be attending and in speaking with those few I spoke to we decided to meet another time.

I understand the frustration expressed regarding this matter. I do take pride in my job, and we are simply trying to revive and improve the magazine. The cancelled rally is unfortunate and out of our control, but as someone mentioned, maybe putting a rally together on behalf of BCM should be considered in the future.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and confusion this may have caused. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal