Author Topic: boxcarokie  (Read 6914 times)

Offline luvrbus

boxcarokie
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
Don, are you guys safe and ok ? understand you are in for another round from old mother nature in the OKC area keep us posted as those thing are nasty and deadly this time of the year in OK 

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline boxcarOkie

Re: boxcarokie
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
Don, are you guys safe and ok ?understand you are in for another round from old mother nature keep us posted

good luck

Hey Clifford, thanks for the shout. 

We are okay, the severe weather and resulting storm did not affect us, but it has just about devastated parts of OKC.  This is our second day of bad news, yesterday was very similar, but not as severe as today.  This one today was a monster.  It was 2.5 miles wide, debris cloud 20 miles long, and has left something like 30 square miles of complete ruin behind it.  News is just now reporting 24 little school kids that evidently did not make it and that is so sad.

I am now in my 4th week of post op recovery and have been watching a lot of television, but I sure did not need any of this.  Once again.  We are okay, please pray for all of those unfortunate souls who are homeless tonight and those who have lost members of their family to this storm.

Don Smith
BoxCarOkie.

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
Keep safe.  This forum and some others has widened my circle so that I now watch the weather around the nation and hope that my friends are safe.  Used to be if my neighbors next door still had a roof I was happy, now I worry about the whole countryside!  We lost two fishermen in the last couple of days, a rough way to make a living but we all like our fresh lobster...

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »
Glad you are safe, Don. I was just coming to post here myself about that.

Sad deal down there. Praying for all those involved. What a heartbreak losing all those little kiddos.
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
Glad you are safe, Don. I was just coming to post here myself about that.

Sad deal down there. Praying for all those involved. What a heartbreak losing all those little kiddos.

Often we fail to realize that we live on a violent planet, and sadly that this will most likely happen again.  It is a shame that the kids got caught up in it and I feel badly about them, as their lives were just beginning.

Life in Oklahoma is good, but every now and then, you will pay a heavy price for it.

Don
BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:46 AM »
Keep safe.  This forum and some others has widened my circle so that I now watch the weather around the nation and hope that my friends are safe.  Used to be if my neighbors next door still had a roof I was happy, now I worry about the whole countryside!  We lost two fishermen in the last couple of days, a rough way to make a living but we all like our fresh lobster...

Brian

Thanks for your comment.

BCO

Offline Van

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 04:41:13 AM »
Don, our thoughts and prayers go out to you folks this week. Get well, stay safe!!
 Good to see ya posting ;)

Love ya Bro!
  Van & Cheryl
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
  Life in Oklahoma is good, but every now and then, you will pay a heavy price for it.

Don     BCO   

I'm glad to hear you're OK, Don.  I have a good friend whose niece is a school teacher in one of the elementary schools -- their school room was torn from around them but nobody at their location suffered more than superficial injuries.  It is so sad about many children who were killed or badly injured; and the other tragedies associated with these storms.
     Best wishes,   Bruce H   NC   USA
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:38 AM »
Don, our thoughts and prayers go out to you folks this week. Get well, stay safe!!
 Good to see ya posting ;)

Love ya Bro!
  Van & Cheryl

I am getting where I can sit for awhile now Gunner, and healing up nicely.  This (BCM) is the only place I am hanging these days, Eagles board will not recognize my screen name/password and I just usually read here and do not post (keeps me outta hot water).

Thanks.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
     I'm glad to hear you're OK, Don.  I have a good friend whose niece is a school teacher in one of the elementary schools -- their school room was torn from around them but nobody at their location suffered more than superficial injuries.  It is so sad about many children who were killed or badly injured; and the other tragedies associated with these storms.
     Best wishes,   Bruce H   NC   USA

There were two schools involved, one or both took direct hits, but evidently one school had more casualties.  Sadly, they ran to the basement for safety, and afterwords, the basement flooded with water and then they drowned.  Bad news any way you look at it.  Hopefully your friend was in the school with damage but little loss of life.

Thank you for your comment.

BCO

Offline Boomer

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
Hey Don.  Glad the 'ol zipper is healing up well.  Amazing how fast we heal isn't it.  Glad you didn't get hit, that would be the topper wouldn't it?  Boy you guys that live in tornado ally gotta be prepared don't you?  Hang in there, you will be behind the wheel again soon.
Mark
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'47 GM PD3751-438, NO MORE
'65 Crown Atomic, NO MORE
'48 Kenworth W-1 highway coach, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:24 AM »
Glad it went the other way and you and the misses are doing good.
Saw on the news last night that they found a car on top of a teacher in a school. The teacher had passed, But when they pulled the woman out, there was 3 young kids alive with minor injuries under her. She had her arms around them. I guess she really did her job!...

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
Don,

Glad you and yours are OK!

It pains me to see all the destruction and suffering to our fellow Americans in Oklahoma.

Good to hear you are healing up, bad experiences make great stories.....I am hoping you don't give up on the story telling.

My Best,

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
Hey Don.  Glad the 'ol zipper is healing up well.  Amazing how fast we heal isn't it.  Glad you didn't get hit, that would be the topper wouldn't it?  Boy you guys that live in tornado ally gotta be prepared don't you?  Hang in there, you will be behind the wheel again soon.
Mark

Thanks Mark, I appreciate it.  One of our beloved politicians the other day said, "Oklahoma has the best first responders in the nation!"  Which I suppose is true.  Look how much practice we get.

Healing up well, should be back up to speed in a month or so.

BCO

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Glad it went the other way and you and the misses are doing good.
Saw on the news last night that they found a car on top of a teacher in a school. The teacher had passed, But when they pulled the woman out, there was 3 young kids alive with minor injuries under her. She had her arms around them. I guess she really did her job!...

Dave5Cs

Some amazing stories coming out of this tragedy for sure.  They found a horse standing in the middle of day care center today, it just amazes you over and over.

Thanks for the comment.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal