Author Topic: Now I know why I don't post photos  (Read 5452 times)

Offline luvrbus

Now I know why I don't post photos
« on: May 26, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »
On the Eagles board today I noticed a bot Picsearch it's been hanging around for hours so I go to www.picsearch.com this bot pickups photos off all web sites and posts to theirs it is a Swedish out fit

There was a photo of my Eagle when it was blue where they got it I will never know (says it was lifted from BusnUSA),if your photo or your bus is on a web site you are world wide and famous seem like

I saw Eric Browns bus there on a BCM  cover and Andy Wright Eagle on a for sale site.

No hiding now guys lol  

I am a little to private for this sorta of stuff to be world wide guess that is why it is www.com
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline lorna

Re: Now I know why I don't post photos
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »
Just for fun I went to that site and typed in "skoolies". On page 1 there are 6 pics that I posted! Page 2 has 3 more! Okay, that's down right creepy.

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:37:24 AM »
I was forced to join Faacebook because a couple of tech's I use switched to it.  Recently I uploaded many photo's of a trip to Viet Nam to my Photobucket account.   They all ended up on Facebook! And God knows where else.   I had no intention or desire to put them on FB and am offended that they are there.Not offended, angry, how dare they!!!!

Hotmail recently changed to Outlook Express and without my consent my FB photo goes out with each Email I send.  I have yet to figure out how to stop it.

Once  a photo is posted it is no longer mine but belongs to the web.  I don't like this at all. Whats nest? I put money in an online account and some company in Sweden takes it.  JIm
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline Scott & Heather

• Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102
  • MCI-9 & MCI-102
    • Fresh Day Music
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:11:05 AM »
i just checked it..typed in a bunch of search strings with my name, bus, my wife's name...nothing comes up...so we're golden. Must the witness protection program we're signed up for  8)
Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9

Offline somewhereinusa

• somewhereinUSA
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:22:12 AM »
Just curious, what are these things looking for?

I have thousands of pictures on the web in various places. I just did some searches using everything I could think of relating to pictures I have taken. The only ones that came up are on two web sites belonging to other people that gave me credit for taking the picture. Nothing from any of my web sites.
Even if I do a search of the exact name of the picture I posted, I get a lot of pictures that have names that aren't even close.

I did a search of "skoolies" and only came up with 13 pictures, none of which look like anything Lorna might have posted. If I leave off the s I get a lot more pictures, but very few of school buses of any type, and again maybe one or two that I think Lorna might have posted. Why is my search different than hers?

Using google images I came up with more hits that do have my pictures. Just typing my name brings up a lot of pictures that I have taken, none of me.
1991 Bluebird AARE
1999 Ford Ranger
Andrews,IN

Offline Purplewillie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »
I noticed awhile back, when I search for p8m 4905a, every page of photos has pictures of my coach,inside and out.
All before I owned it
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark & Char
1976 P8M4905a 8v71 v730
British Columbia Canada

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
I don't know what is going on with the Eagles board today I noticed another bot Exabot a French bot,upon checking it said it was a data collector we have been spam free there looks like that is going to change shortly makes me nervous we have our addresses, phone numbers, and FMCA numbers posted there 

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: Re: Now I know why I don't post photos
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
Its all for money. Every time you put a phone number picture or an idea even on any site or buy something on line beside all the law enforcement agency reading it and taking notes so are insurance companies, marketing people. Insurance companies read your stuff to find stuff to win law suits etc. Then FB says opps we had a glich that let everyone see your pictures of your kids etc. R bad but we will fix that.Hello do you think they care? As long as they all are making money they couldn t care less.

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline Oonrahnjay

Re: Re: Now I know why I don't post photos
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:08:19 AM »
    And there's a guy in Pennsylvania that posts photos of peoples' buses on his website "For Sale" with incredibly inflated prices on them.  I don't know if he will come try to buy your bus that would normally go for $18-20K for 30 or 40K when he has a buyer that has bit on his $90K price or is he tells them "Oh, you missed that bus, it was sold yesterday but I have a similar one for only $88K!"  But he's definitely been posting photos of people's buses online "For Sale" without their knowledge or consent.
    The Innerweb is a nasty world out there, folks!  Be carreful,   BH   NC    USA
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Miss Scarlett

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
My bus is still on the PA site more than 18 months after I bought it. They actually pulled the pic off ebay when it was posted there for less than a week, several months before I bought it. I emailed the PA site and told them the bus had been sold. They put "This bus has been sold!" across the pictures as if they had been successful in selling it. It is still there. I know of many busses they have done this on.
Miss Scarlett is an Eagle 10 with a 6v92 and Allison 740
UPDATE: finished enough to use!!!- exterior will remain original.
-Dan

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »
Folks, you would be talking about Sam Walker, or one of his websites. Avoid him like the plague. We have personal experience with him, and trust me, it isn't good. I bring this up every so often, mostly for the newbies. Anything attached to Sam Walker, don't walk, don't run, FLY AWAY!

Clifford, I hear you. When anything is up, it tends to stick around.

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal