Author Topic: Would not have done anything different if I had it to do over  (Read 7196 times)

Offline 06 Bill

We have been cross country 4 times with the Good Ol' Girl (4106) 3 from Mass to Washington state & 1 Mass to
California (1 was enough). Have visited most of the Nat'l parks along the way. Returned to Yellowstone 4 times aside
from the cross country trips. Have had only one flat on left rear outer, ran over my own metal chock block (dumb).
Last trip home from Wash. lost a top cylinder sleeve seal in Mitchell SD with the corn palace in view. We were towed
to Sioux Falls SD by Good Sam. It was inconvenient but not a bad time. The DD dealer in Sioux Falls treated us like
we owned the place. In 2 days time, &2002, back on the road and never another prob in 7 years. We have run this
bus half way a crossed the country several times as well as Fl. and into NS Canada at least 10 times. We have logged about 200K miles since self converting. Purely functional no glitz and mirrors. Also done so as to be very comfortable.   
   Have replaced every brg. in the running gear incl. all the diff brgs. All the brakes, drums, tires, batts a few times.
Would not have done anything different if I had it to do over. At 75 starting to slow down some, but thinking of
one last trip west this summer.     Enjoy our sport   06 Bill

Offline Red Rider

• God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.
Re: Would not have done anything different if I had it to do over
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:29:11 AM »
Bill,

We have plenty of room for you to visit here in Southern Utah this summer. We're stuck between Zion NP and Bryce Cyn NP.
Travel safe.
Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885

Offline 06 Bill

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:45:52 AM »
Red Ryder, Thank you for the invite. Plans have changed some and may not go west. Thanks again 06 Bill

Offline Mex-Busnut

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:30:51 AM »
Hey Bill: Great story. Where are your bus pictures?
 ;D
Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.

Offline wg4t50

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
06 Bill,
Geez, for a second I thought I was reading my own log, same work on the MC7, every bearing, seal, gear, brake, bearing, steering, joints on pitman & tie rod, you name it , it has been gone over, Never had any issues on the road, have had the8 & 12V-71's and finao the 8V-92, all with the Road ranger RTO910.  agree, have spent more than most would, but no regrets, only west to Miss river, and every state east including a lot of Canada.  Only regret, did not do more of it.  I now use the Foretravel 36' with the ISM500 Cummins & Allison 4000R  with retarder, beautiful setup. only problem is the clock keeps going & going, hav not gotten to the slobbering stage yet, but headed there.
Enjoy while you can, you will never geet another today.
Dave M
MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for ever.
Central Virginia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal