Author Topic: MCI-9 Coach A/C  (Read 16911 times)

belfert

Re: MCI-9 Coach A/C
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »
I hope eventually to replace the driver's heat/AC, but the defrost on my bus is seperate and will stay.  Right now, the driver's heat barely does anything on my bus, but it is a combination of a frozen valve and only the low fan setting working.

The main reason I want to replace the driver's heat/AC is because there is no driver's A/C now.

Brian Elfert

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 08:10:11 AM »
I had a separate automotive type compressor that fed the drivers A/C unit. It worked great but unfortunately when I installed the 8V92 I had to remove it because of the added heat. It had the condenser coil in front of the main radiator and I had to install a couple of 16 inch fans there to try and keep the engine cool.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline TomC

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 08:54:54 AM »
One more thing on Danhard.  Many of the evaporators that they use are actually made by Red Dot.  Personally, don't see any reason to pay another person when you can go directly to the source.  WWW.RDAC.com   Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 10:11:39 AM »
To be fair, Tom, I think you'd have to go through a distributor (like Dan Hard) to buy the Red Dot stuff... right? I couldn't find a way to buy direct on their site.

Speaking of Red Dot, this unit here looks like it could fit right up into my cap (fake Eagle-looking one the front of my Buff)... blowing blessed relief down on the sweaty driver. Nice!

Brian B.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »
Kysor is another one
http://www.kysorhvac.com/index.html

My motorhome driver's air has the compressor in the rear and both the evap and condensor in front.  Uses standard automotive (like my Dodge P/U) controls.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
Here's another suggestion, FWIW:

Consider a portable A/C unit for the driver.  Just plug it in and point it directly on you.  They only cost about $300 and the one I had worked like a charm.

Problem is finding a place to put it.  Other problems are:

Finding a way to vent it outside (I went through the floor with mine)
It will blow on your back if you put it behind you, but that's not too bad.
It's rather bulky and takes up a little room.  Plus, you have to have a generator running or maybe an inverter.

There are dozens of options.  Depends on how much you want to spend...

Jimmy
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal