Author Topic: What TV are you using?  (Read 7140 times)

Offline TomC

Re: What TV are you using?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
Because of the design of the front of my bus, I'm still using my old fashioned 13" 120vac (through the inverter) with a digital converter box. Since it is a 4:3 ratio TV, you do loose some width over the 14:9. It works well both with the converter box and the inverter.

I changed the TV in the bedroom from the 9" I had to a Samsung LCD 23". Big difference in the viewing. But had to aim it down at the bed since the viewing angle is less on a LCD then analog TV. The LCD TV also works just fine with my modified sine wave inverter. Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Online lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
Bob, I had friends in the 70s who watched LSD tv and friends who watched LDS tv and some who liked both, lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline belfert

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
As Brian says, most tvs advertised as led are back lit lcd/led or led/lcd, the confusion is worsened by these new terms, true and full, however there is led image picture tvs which were initially called true leds, available to the public, see this gizmo article from last year,
www.gizmag.com/sony-crystal-led-display/21056/

Is this really available for retail purchase?  The article says it is a prototype.

I think LED might be the real winner for TVs when looking down the road a few years.  LCD TVs, and even plasma TVs, have some compromises, but the average consumer doesn't care as long as their TV is cheap and they can keep up with the Jones.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Lee Bradley

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
All the manufactures tune their TVs for a little different look.  Go to the stores pick out the picture you and yours prefer also after 90 days or so it wouldn't hurt to have it tuned.

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: Re: Re: What TV are you using?
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »
All the manufactures tune their TVs for a little different look.  Go to the stores pick out the picture you and yours prefer also after 90 days or so it wouldn't hurt to have it tuned.
What is having it tuned and where would one get that done?

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline goutoe

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
 I went with 2- 27"LED Visios in my bus I  have been very happy with them. Have Samsung in the house they work good too. had a bad experience with emerson though.>>>>John.
John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.

PSmith

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »
We use a  Samsung UN26D4003BD hanging on a MOR/ryde articulating mount.  Mounted it on the face of the overhead above the windshield area.

Traveling position is locked in center and when parked we can move it wherever we want.

Offline lorna

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »

Our cheap Sanyo Vizon TV shown has since bit the dust (it was 5 years old and traveled many miles). I slung together a cheap scrap material mounting system since I was very unhappy with the one I had bought (after only a couple of months, I ended up having to bungie cord the thing to the wall in the Class C while traveling). We will replace old broken TV with one that will fit in the space the old one did. Based on measurements, that would be a 32" diagonal (some not all) as I have a limit on the height. Since we figure TVs only last a about 5 years anyway, we will go to Wal-Mart and buy one with the best picture, that fits in our space and fits our meager pocketbook. I replaced the DVD player with a real cheap one. They seem to last as long as the ones with all the bells & whistles. I hope to change all my movies over to USB thumb drives in the near future as my movies are over running the bus. And I still have a pile in storage!

BTW, I have since painted the raw plywood black (looks better and seems to disappear). The lower part of the old mantle will have an LP fan forced heater installed and the hearth tiled. We sit so close to the TV, 32" is plenty big enough. I plan on putting a similar or slightly smaller sized one in the back bedroom just for watching movies on.

Go look at TV's and stand as far from them as you would normally be watching them. This will give you a good idea as to what size you will be happy with.

Offline Lee Bradley

Re: Re: Re: What TV are you using?
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
What is having it tuned and where would one get that done?

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

The techies have equipment and spec to set the color density, brightness, etc. back to factory spec.  The Geek squad does it around here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal