Author Topic: Busnut in need of MC9 windows and/or help in Miami....  (Read 2623 times)

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Busnut in need of MC9 windows and/or help in Miami....
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:02:51 AM »
I was contacted last night by a busnut who lives in Chicago and has a 1981 MC9 parked in Miami that has suffered vandalism to 7 side windows and he desperately needs some takeouts.

I sent him email addresses for Fred Hobe and Jack Conrad and suggested he contact them. I know Fred often has takeouts, and figured he might need to hire Jack to put them in for him.

I also sent him JR Lynch's email, since he indicated in a past thread that he might have some he could deliver to Arcadia.

If anyone else is in the area that would have takeout windows they're looking to get rid of, or would be willing to help this fellow out, please post your info here, or send it to me directly, and I'll pass it on.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline steamguy56

Re: Busnut in need of MC9 windows and/or help in Miami....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »
Craig I have 5 windows out of 1979 mci just inside Fl line 50 miles from Fred Hobe if it will help (steamguy56@yahoo) welcome to have.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 10:38:26 AM »
I'll pass that on to him.

I just received a message indicating that Fred had what he needs, but I'll send your contact info to him in case something doesn't work out.

I told him he should make plans to come to the ralley and get some of the folks there to help him put them in  ;)

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Hartley

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:52:55 PM »
If he has single pane windows, the glass can be changed by pulling the rubber strip out
and just popping it back in with the replacement glass all from inside. No need to open or remove
frames.

Or the two hinge pins at the top of the windows to remove the frames once the latches are released.
More labor intensive though.

I may have some glass from my NJT MC9 that I can take to Arcadia if needed. Dark smoke Tint.

Dave....
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:03:14 PM »

Yep. I have some too.  Left several with Dallas.  I left the drivers window with Dallas also.  His now.
Have more.  At once had all the OEM glass.  Installed Penn windows.   Had planned on bringing some IF someone wants them.   All dark smoke removed from 87 NJT.  Probably 4 or so nice units, and the rest have been sitting outdoors and may not be so nice anymore. 
I had a dumpster set in front of the barn today.  This is a sign of some cleaning's about to happen. 
Takeout MC9 windows are everywhere....but I'll happily add to anyones colllection. 
Will bring to Arcadia....let me know.  If no one wants them before I leave....they are going into the 'bin.
BTW, the glass is fragile once out of the frame...laying it down by the ends will break'em.   They won't fit into the spare tire compartment either....FWIW. 
Waiting for further instructions!     JR  :)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal