Author Topic: Ok, so talk to me about these engines, the DDs in particular...  (Read 16773 times)

Offline Geom

• 1966 PD4107
Re: Ok, so talk to me about these engines, the DDs in particular...
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
I would worry about something else besides a runaway engine ??? with a 50 year bus that should be the least of worries

:D cool, one less thing to worry about...
1966 GM 4107
6v92 Turbo
V730

Offline Utahclaimjumper

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
 One thing is certain,, no engine will run without air, so it is an option.>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
Ok the DD blower is a roots blower it has lobes most bus people all they see are the 2 lobe type which is standard those lobes are not solid they are hollow made with thin aluminum with plugs in each end  

When the engine spins so fast on a 8v71 it happens around 3800 to 4000  rpm it blows the plugs the lobes will swell and shuts the engine down I have saw this happen before on a bad buffer switch adjustment and no I didn't do the adjustment  

90% of the time when one over revs above the limit it will cost you a blower not a engine they don't throw rod,pistons and debris all over the place as some visualize they may spin a bearing and most the time that doesn't even happen  

Sometimes I wonder how GM and Detroit made the 8v71 without the help from the internet and a bus board  ::) worry about other things geez
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Purplewillie

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »

Sometimes I wonder how GM and Detroit made the 8v71 without the help from the internet and a bus board  ::) worry about other things geez
That cost me a mouthful of Pepsi!
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark & Char
1976 P8M4905a 8v71 v730
British Columbia Canada

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »
Luvrbus - thinking 'bout changin my addy to LuvmyLuvrbus - your hilarious - in a good way - thanks for the LOL
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline TexasBorderDude

• Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society
  • Nothing simple is ever easy...
    • WheresDoyle
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
Luvrbus - thinking 'bout changin my addy to LuvmyLuvrbus - your hilarious - in a good way - thanks for the LOL
That cost me a mouthful of Pepsi!
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys ought to spend some time with him in person!
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal