Author Topic: Rolling West for the 4th  (Read 2815 times)

Offline RickB

• 81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754
Rolling West for the 4th
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »

Hey all,

We're on our way June 29th to Sioux Falls from our home near St Paul Minnesota on the 30th we roll into the Black Hills for a few days and then it's on to Story Wyoming for two nights and then we'll stop somewhere on our way back home. We are so looking forward to traveling as a family in our Bus that we have affectionately named "The Big Ol' Rollin' Turd".

If any of you are gonna be anywhere near any of those places while we pass through don't hesitate to PM me here.

It's funny every winter I get convinced that we need a bigger,turbocharged motor and then that 8V71 springs to life on the first turn when the snow melts and I feel like I have more than enough power to get where I'm going.

Would like to find the short in my jakes before we leave but I doubt I'll get around to it.

Is it just me or does it seem like everybody needs to get out in their bus and get their ya-ya's out? Angry,weird post's and arguments seem to be numerous and particularly insulting this year. Hop in the tie that binds us all together, get about 10 states worth of bugs on the windshield and chill by a fire in the mountains, That'll clear the air, the blog and it just might make you happy...

Be safe, be adventurous and be kind to someone this 4th of July.

Peace out

Rick
I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
Re: Rolling West for the 4th
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »
No need for jakes on 90 - might need them for a few feet in deadwood but won't overheat your brakes - fwiw
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline wg4t50

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:21:46 AM »
Soon will be headed to Idaho via the Big Horn, Wy.  After trying to decide what route to take this year, have enjoyed the Back Hills, SD a few times, Do not think about driving the Needles Highway in your coach, toad only.  If you get to Custer State Park, be sure to drive the Game Road (toad is best) carry some little food stuffs, I had carrot thymb size for feeding the Buros, I still laugh about them.
Scheduled in Rancester Wy, July 8,9 & 10th, then on to the sand dunes in Id. All for riding the 800 CanAm ATV, unlimited distance & time.
Cheers
Dave M  Home; Va.
MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for ever.
Central Virginia

Offline harleyman_1000

• My bus
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:12:08 AM »
 Hey Rick, enjoy your family time together and take and post lots of pictures, for us grumpy old men  ;D
Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »

... then it's on to Story Wyoming for two nights ...

Nope. They closed the Wyoming border foreigners. Only natives like me are allowed in.

It's funny every winter I get convinced that we need a bigger,turbocharged motor and then that 8V71 springs to life on the first turn when the snow melts and I feel like I have more than enough power to get where I'm going.

I was just wondering how you would ever make it out to Wyoming without a big turbocharged 92 series engine in your bus! I'm not sure it's even possible!
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline RickB

• 81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
Gumpster,

I haven't been in a stripper bar in 20 years and frankly the thought of strippers in Wyoming of all states sounds rather scary but I may have to run in long enough to write some graffiti on the bathroom walls that says things like "for a good time call "etc. with your name and number as the contact info. Lol! Truth is there's probably stuff still up on some of those walls about you from your youthful exuberance days. I must admit I have the 92 series comments coming, mine has definitely been a story of what I wish I have rather than what I have at times.
Give that bride of yours a big hello from us and we'll make sure your old stomping grounds are still up and running

RB
I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Sent you PM this AM
John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
... I may have to run in long enough to write some graffiti on the bathroom walls that says things like "for a good time call "etc. with your name and number as the contact info. Lol! Truth is there's probably stuff still up on some of those walls about you from your youthful exuberance days.

You mayl find that message is already on the wall...  and recent.  ::)
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal