Author Topic: Propane Prices  (Read 7777 times)

Offline Handyjim

Re: Propane Prices
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
Just paid 2.99 for 14.5 gal at Pilot/Flying J outside Cedar city Utah, in my Southwind.
JCorey
Saved by the Forum
No conversion for me !

Offline Geom

• 1966 PD4107
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
Quote from: Dave5Cs link=topic=25950.msg284893#msg284893  date=1372458455

... close to Mohavi is going to be 134 degrees 2nd hottest it has ever been they said. :o

Dave5Cs

From what I read the other day 134 is the hottest temp ever recorded (planet wide). They're expected to top that this week... Ouch!!  :o
1966 GM 4107
6v92 Turbo
V730

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »
From what I read the other day 134 is the hottest temp ever recorded (planet wide). They're expected to top that this week... Ouch!!  :o

Don't worry .... "It's A DRY HEAT." .... which always cracked me up.  It got so hot at Clifford's the other day that Texas Border Guy said he saw Chocolate chasing a cat ... and they were both walking.

Naw, just kidding.

A skeleton walks into a bar in Tempe Arizona and the bartender asks him ... Whadya have?  Skeleton thinks for a moment and says ... Give me a beer and a mop.

Stay cool.

BCO

Offline lorna

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 04:53:12 PM »
Filling the small RV tanks is always higher per gal than home tanks.

My 250 gal home tank is now $1.64/gal, 5 gal portable tank is $3/gal - same company.

If you have a home tank, SOME trucks will carry the adapter to fill the small BBQ tanks. Back when we had a house, we had a 500 gallon tank that we owned outright (meant I could get LP from whomever I chose). When I would have them come out and fill, I would ask if they would fill my empty BBQ tanks. If the driver said yes, I could get them filled at the same price per gallon as my big tank. Once my big tank was full, they would stop the pump, change nozzles and fill all my BBQ tanks too. I had about 10 or so BBQ tanks at the time. I would ask when they came out to pump and then line up all the tanks next to the truck. I thought it was nice of them.

In several of the towns we have lived in, the LP companies would have a customer appreciation day (usually Saturday) where they would have balloons and drawings for grills etc. It was generally for their anniversary of being in business. The last time we filled up BBQ tanks (filled up 5 tanks all total) it was $6 per tank. That was about half price. The LP company that we did this at has this once a year, every year. My daughter rounds up all the LP tanks she can find.

I have heard (but not had the opportunity to actually do this myself) that if you haul in 5 BBQ tanks (20 lb) some LP companies will fill those tanks as one and charge you the 100 lb tank rate. Like I said, I've not had the opportunity to try this. I have noticed that more LP companies are charging the same price per gallon for 100 lb tanks as they do for 20 lb tanks.

We are pretty frugal with our LP use since we don't have any RV appliances that are using LP. My LP range is a residential unit and is very economical on LP. We go thru less than 100 lbs LP per year (fulltime).

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »
"Chocolate" - I thought it was "Coffee" - Can we settle on "Toffee" ?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 03:03:22 AM »

What was I thunkin ... Maybe we need to move it to "What's In A Name?" ..... Do our part to contribute to thread drift .... oh, hahahahahahaha ... I think I hurt myself!

Was there an original thought to be thunk? Or was he forever doomed to be an emulator, or worse, a regurgitator? And if he was, so what? Doesn't every college sophomore majoring in English because they have no freaking clue what to do with their life know that disdaining the derivative is the height of unoriginality?

More importantly, what was the likelihood that he could keep writing without landing on even one declarative sentence? And why did he use the idiot word "thunk"? Is he actually an idiot? Or is he wildly clever? Will we find out one day? Who knows? Who cares?

Should he continue trying to write a clever comeback on each subject, when he has a raging floating ear syndrome (water on the tubes) and is so heavily intoxicated from a potpourri of over-the-counter cold medications that he keeps referring to himself in the third person?

That should just about clear it all up

(Probably not).

BCO

Offline TexasBorderDude

• Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society
  • Nothing simple is ever easy...
    • WheresDoyle
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

heehehhehheh!  Might as well rename her; it's so hot she not only melts in your hand, she melts in my bus!
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal