Author Topic: BUS SHOP BLUES  (Read 4846 times)

Offline boxcarOkie

BUS SHOP BLUES
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:50 AM »

Bus Shop Blues

Last winter I found myself working on something new, my bus being winterized and up on blocks and covered with Saran wrap, Reynolds Alum foil and duct tape.  Strangely at that time I found, that I had a lot of time on my hands, so I found myself working on a new screen play I hope to sell to the Travel Channel, CBS or NBC (The shipping Wars just aint my bag). 

Everyone I know tells me I ought to write a book, which I find somewhat ludicrous and I am sure you do too.  So I am going to shoot for a screen play of sorts.  Here is a brief synopsis: Bus Shop Blues is writer/director Boxcarokie’s adaptation of the popular book by Lil Boy the bus king, Road Ranger of the Internet Highway.  This would be boxcarokie’s his first attempt at honest-too-goodness fame and fortune. 

Bus Shop Blues is a non-fiction account of the post-lousy economy wanderings of an old Geezer, who divorces himself from his friends, family, and possessions in search of a greater spiritual knowledge and communion with nature.

Old Geezer (his character is named Lil Boy) walks away from a loving if dysfunctional family who live in the area of the Great Lakes and spends his nearly $25,000-dollar life savings (consisting of a huge cardboard appliance carton full of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies) to make a trip to Needles Kalifornia to commune with nature in the arid desert next to the Colorado River. 

Not knowing how to get there for sure, he enlists the services of complete strangers to help guide him on his way.  Sticking a well worn broom stick on the top of his bus (over-pass protection) he heads out on his new adventure, even tho there is a bitter blizzard in progress and white-out conditions are quite possible along his well planned route heavily discussed beforehand on his laptop computer.

Instead of the normal life he envisioned for himself, Lil Boy rechristens himself "Macmillan Screaming Eagle" and heads west in his beaten-up freshly Bondo’ed Silver Eagle Bus but quickly realizes he is denied access to the Golden State, because he is not bi-sexual and his motor is a smoking Detroit V892T, at which point he takes up hitchhiking.

The new goal on the horizon?  Alaska.

By hook or by crook -- but without his beloved Eagle (now abandoned at the P.O.E. just down the hill from downtown Needles) Lil Boy determinedly sets his sights on Anchorage or Juno, via Reno or quite possibly, Spokane.  Just depends on what the bus board guys tell him. 

He tries desperately in vain to enlist the help of Boxcarokie on how to drive mountain passes backwards with his eyes closed, but finds strangely that no one will answer his emails.  BoxcarOkie has sadly felt the pain and frustration like Geoff and has checked out for a well deserved self-imposed bus board exile. 

Late at night, he reminisces of his old bus, which he now discovers that someone has symbolically set aflame.  Each night around a campfire strategically placed inside a truck tire rim, Lil Boy determines to make it to his personal promised land, with stops along the way to experience America and its people.

These adventures will include a kayak trip down dangerous rapids, a gig working in a gin mill, daily vocabulary and spelling lessons via flash cards, extended stays with a ex-GM worker now a recycled new age hippie and a kindly old widower.  Also untold thrills, spills, a lot of over medicated excitement, enough cold, hunger, and exhaustion to leave him emotionally defeated more than once.

Meanwhile back east, his friends (played by Pee Wee Herman and Christie Alley) and his illegitimate step-sister (Paula Abdul) haven't received so much as a postcard from him, and begin to fear the worst.  Negotiations are now under way to get Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder to compose and score the contemplative soundtrack.

Last, the ultimate goal will be to find a suitable player for the role of Lil Boy, which will really be hard, now that Dennis Hopper is no longer with us, and Tom Cruise appears to be too tall for the part.

My, oh my, look at the time!  It escapes me but once again.

That is the gist of it. 

Opening at a theater near you this Christmas, a real tear jerker (it will have your heart down around your ankles, faster than a wet pair of leather pants).  Tell all your friends ...  On Blue Ray and Disc for the new winter season.  And of course, “If you don’t especially care for any of my schtick, then you could pass and go to Denny’s for a bowl of grease and a hairball.  I am not forcing you to attend.”

Watch those right-handers, see you in the fast lane.

BCO

Any resemblance to anyone living or dead, was most likely on purpose.

Offline muldoonman

Re: BUS SHOP BLUES
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:05:55 AM »
Good story! Write in where you light that pretty bus up for effect? Put me down for a couple dvd's if you are. Just be sure to run out with your hair on fire. Priceless!

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »
Good story! Write in where you light that pretty bus up for effect? Put me down for a couple dvd's if you are. Just be sure to run out with your hair on fire. Priceless!

Like this?

BCO

Offline muldoonman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:48 AM »
Dang! You the man BCO!

Offline TexasBorderDude

• Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society
  • Nothing simple is ever easy...
    • WheresDoyle
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
snip
 “If you don’t especially care for any of my schtick, then you could pass and go to Denny’s for a bowl of grease and a hairball.  I am not forcing you to attend.”

Make mine a double!
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
Make mine a double!

My name is Don, I will be yo server, how can I assist you?  Uh being you is there in Mojavie Land, tell Clifford to check this out.

Have to go TexasBorderGuy, I am late for therapy.

BCO

Offline FolkBus

• It's a family thing
  • 1967 MC-5A - 1949 Crown Supercoach
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »
BCO

LOVE the Pic..I must try it myself...

Isn't it wonderful when busnuts have WAY to much time on their hands??

:D

--Mike
Mike and Debbie McNeil  Ridgway - Montrose, CO
1949 Crown SuperCoach (Amazing Grace) Conversion 1972  Pancake 220 Cummins  Fuller 5 Speed

1967 MC-5A  (Serenity)  Conversion 1986  8v-71N   Allison MT-644

Offline Seangie

• www.herdofturtles.org
  • And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles
    • Herd of Turtles
Re: Re: BUS SHOP BLUES
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »
Sold.  Contracts in the mail.  Ill produce it.  Just need a good director.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S
'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'

Online niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:30 AM »
Errr ..... Boxcar ..... anyone pointed out ...... your missin' your bogey ..... so to speak  ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:35:17 AM »
Errr ..... Boxcar ..... anyone pointed out ...... your missin' your bogey ..... so to speak  ;D

I been missin my bogie for a long time.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal