Author Topic: Prevost pics  (Read 8318 times)

Offline jaybe_2

Prevost pics
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »
Any one have pics of a roof raising on a Prevost? I'm thinking of raising the windshields and drivers area when I do mine. Has any one done this?

Offline Kristinsgrandpa

• 1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC
Re: Prevost pics
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »
  Muddog 16 (Pat Bartlett) raised the roof on a Prevost, and has a website with pics. check the archive on the BNO.  You should be able to get the address from there as he has posted it several times.

HTH Ed.

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".

Offline Skykingrob

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Hi Jaybe
I don't have pics but I did raise the drivers area. I could walk you through the process but for pics see this link. This is the link I used most of the time in doing mine: http://www.collinburnell.com/thebus/index.htm
BTW, what year and model, location?

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Snowy Missouri

Offline muddog16

• Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop
    • Prevost LeMirage Conversion
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:58:57 AM »
Jaybe, I do have many pictures on my site where I did my roof raise, the orginal Idea came from Bryce Robson when he raised his roof!  I'll leave you links to both sites here, If you have any questions feel free to ask!  Good luck!       Pat

http://www.collinburnell.com/thebus/

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

Offline prevost82

• 82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed
  • 82 Prevost Marathon XL
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 08:50:21 AM »
I raised the roof on mine 82 Prevost 8 inches but didn't raise the drivers area and front windows, I felt it was too much work. I setup allow me to put a 42 inch plasma over the front windows
Ron

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 09:12:04 AM »
Where did you get that round shower?  is it glass? I looked for a year and only found plastic ones.  The inside looks gorgeous!
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline prevost82

• 82 Prevost Marathon XL
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 09:35:27 AM »
Hi Jim... Yes the shower has curved glass door (2) and 2 smaller straight pcs of glass. It's a one piece acrylic shower base with a Tully 2 panel Round Frameless shower door, made by Maxx

http://www.maax.com/en/Products/BrandList.aspx?CodeCategory=B

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
What a beauty!  I love the TV over the windows!  Very classy. 

Jimmy
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:08:48 PM »
All I can say is Holy S**t...

A very nice job you have done on your coach!

Very classy indeed..

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline jaybe_2

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »
That's a good looking bus!! I do like the plasma TV and have though about getting rid of the upper windows to install one, but every time I go in the bus I just like the windows too much. I'm sure I will change my mind a hundred times in the next few months.

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »
I agree, that's one sweet-looking coach.  :o  Marathon ain't got nuthin' on you, Ron!

Nice work,
Brian B.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline jaybe_2

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 07:07:16 PM »
Ron did you use R&M caps? If so how did they fit? Also is your bus 102 wide? Sorry for all the questions but I'm in the learning stages still.

Offline muddog16

• Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop
    • Prevost LeMirage Conversion
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 03:01:02 AM »
Dang Ron! You've been holding out on the pictures!  That interior looks great, I would like to hear more about the interior with pics when you get the time........Maybe tommorrow! ;D  I would also like to hear about how you did that ceiling!                  Pat
Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

Offline prevost82

• 82 Prevost Marathon XL
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 08:16:24 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys...

Jaybe ...yes they are R&M cap for a LeMirage for a 8" roof raise. They req'd some mod's to fit but not too bad. The coach is a 96" wide.

Pat ...I haven't been holding out on the pictures ...these pictures were posted at

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=2547.90  you just forgot they were there.

The ceiling works in my bus because the ceiling is flat. I raised the roof 8" but I welded angle cross at each roof rib as shown in the picture. Because Prevost has a tight corner radius, this only drop the ceiling down by 4", 6'-10" to the floor.

In that space between the underside of the roof and the top of the angle I installed my air ducts for the A/C (I made the air ducts out of a 1/4 ridge insulation with foil on one side. The ducts were 3x10 O/S, one on each side and 2 T's  ,plenums. I joined up both A/C with the ducting so I could run one A/C unit and it would cool the whole coach.

I also ran all of my main electrical feeds in the ceiling, from the breaker panel to junction boxs so I could access all these box for future additions or WHY.

As you can see in the pictures the outside panels are above the center panel and I ran cabinets the full lenght of the galley and salon, I could screw these panels into the angle. The O/S panels are 2'-4" wide both sides.

The A/C ducting hangs out passed the panel by 3". In this 3" I cut 2x4 holes in the duct's underside every 2'-0" or so. I then install 2x2 strips of wood length ways in the salon / galley area screwed to the angle at the edge of the ducting (one on each side) this gives the drop for the center section of the ceiling. I then drill the 2x2 wood strips /w a 3/16 hole, horizontal to the perpendicular every 48" O/C

Then I made 2 center panels (4pcs of 1/4" plywood) with the split in the middle of the 2 panels and a diamond cut-out (half in each panel, under the mirror) this is the return air hole for the A/C and the mirror hides the join of the 2 panels (the mirror dropped 1 1/2" down from the center panel section).

I then made the center panels so they overlap the O/S panels by 3" on each side. I put 2 pcs together (1 panel) and screw 2pcs of 2x2 length ways so they fit I/S the 2x2's srcew to the angle. I then glued a pc of 1/4 plywood at the join of the 2 pc of plywood. I then glued the foam down to the plywood and put the vinyl on and staple it to the back side of the panel...DO NOT glue the vinyl to the foam. You then lift the panel in place and with a long screw bit put a 3 1/2 lg screw inthe 3/16 hole and screw it into the 2x2 attached to the centre panel, this way there is no fastners showing. The A/C comes out the drop along the O/S edge of the center panel

I used a 6" radius on all of the corners so the vinyl wouldn't fold, and I ran the foam around the edge of the plywood so the vinyl would have a soft edge as it was pulled around the edge.

I addition the angle has 1 1/2" ridged insulation fitting between all the way across and Roxal insulation around the ducting and all cavitys. The roof is also spray foamed.

sorry for the long post I will try and make an X-section drawing for thoses that what to persue this further.
Ron

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal