Author Topic: Bus conversions in Europe  (Read 3612 times)

Offline waaslandwolf

Bus conversions in Europe
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:21:19 AM »
Gents,

While preparing to convert a bus I have noticed that there is a serious lack of information about European bus conversions. All web sites, boards and books you read deal with MCI's, Eagles, Prevosts, GMC's; but I haven't found very much useful information about European coaches such as Setra, Van Hool, Bova, Berkhof, Neoplan. Also, even though I spend a lot of time on the road for work, I have only ever passed one converted bus on the highway in three years. Are bus conversions not popular in Europe? Would there be a specific reason for this?

Since I am looking for people, associations, web sites, books to get and exchange information about converting European busses, I would like to find out if there are any European bus converters reading this site. Thanks for any replies.

David (Belgium)

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
Re: Bus conversions in Europe
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:40:36 AM »
One bit of spculation would be that the high fuel costs thins out the crowd of players.  Many of the convertors in the States are on a very tight budget.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal