Author Topic: 110v Interior "DOCKING" lights out  (Read 2900 times)

Offline DEMOMAN

• 1978 TMC MC8
110v Interior "DOCKING" lights out
« on: July 30, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »
Hello All,

We are finally camping with the bus!  For two years, we have been using our 1978 Mc8 here and there for small trips but this is the first week long trip that we are living in our steel tent.

Ok, to the issue we are having: I still have the (6) 4ft florescent interior ceiling lights which I have been plugging in to an outlet.  I have replaced the ballasts as they've gone out and I have 3 fresh ones in now.  They all worked fine until  yesterday.  All 3 sets of lights went out at once.  I have looked in the maintenance manual schematics and haven't seen trace of this circuit in them.  I would like to know if there are any fuses or circuit breakers for this 110v system.

Thanks,

DEMOMAN
Like I don't have enough unfinished projects! :-\

Eric
Sturtevant, WI

Offline DEMOMAN

• 1978 TMC MC8
Re: 110v Interior "DOCKING" lights out
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »
I should add that the baggage door lights always would light up when I plugged these lights in as well.

DEMOMAN

Eric
Sturtevant, WI

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »
Might be you are plugging into the old station light circuit? which would have lite your baggage lights, overhead package rake lights and stair lights?.

RJ might be able to tell you more.

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:51:47 PM »
The circuit breakers for the 110v interior lights and baggage doors are in the front left service door, look up above the washer jug

I think there is a picture of the breakers in section 7 of your manual not sure about the section being I have slept since the last one

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline DEMOMAN

• 1978 TMC MC8
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
Thanks luvrbus! 

I did find the picture in the manual of the circuit breakers so I know where it is supposed to be but someone removed them and the junction box that houses them. One of the many previous owners must have changed it.  All I have is the plug that I have been using to power them up which is wire-nutted to the remaining two leads down there.  I will have to trace it back to find the problem.  For now, I put a flying lead to the center ballast inside the coach to power all of those lights temporarily.

Back to camping!

DEMOMAN

Eric
Sturtevant, WI

Offline eddieboy

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »
If your baggage lights are lighting up when you plug these lights in, it sounds like you are wired in series with your baggage area lights.  That could really put the hurt on your ballasts.
Ed Spohr/1962 PD4106/8V71/4Speed/Zion,Ill/Far North East Corner of Illinois

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal