Author Topic: Kudos to Royal Tire  (Read 1495 times)

Offline belfert

Kudos to Royal Tire
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »
I had Royal Tire here in the Minneapolis area install a new tire last week.  It ended up leaking enough to go flat in a week.  I took it in yesterday and they couldn't find anything wrong, but they replaced the valve core.  I took it in again today as it was still leaking and they removed the tire.  They found that the wheel was cracked at a weld.  They had a reconditioned wheel that they put the tire on.  The thing is they never charged me a penny for all the time they invested in finding the problem.  They only charged me for the wheel.

It wasn't their fault the wheel cracked and I would have gladly paid the labor if they charged it.  They have given me good service this year and last year with good tire prices.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
Re: Kudos to Royal Tire
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:57:03 AM »
Good for you, well done by them.  I have a tire guy in Dundas, now 1200 miles from where I live.  I still buy tires from him, I wait until I am going to be there on a visit.  He used to mount and dismount all my race tires for free even though I couldn't buy them from him, and has never charged me for any service except when I actually buy tires.  Fantastic.  Best prices too.  Everybody needs a "tire guy"   ;D

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal