Author Topic: not last, but late call  (Read 1872 times)

Offline garhawk

not last, but late call
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Well folks - we’re in the short rows.  Just two weeks until the big rally. 

Check in is October 9th but, we have 17 coaches coming in on Tuesday the 8th.  You think they’re not ready to start the party?  One ready soul is arriving Monday and not leaving until the next Monday.  The other 20 odd coaches are arriving in scattered lots as they could arrange their schedule. None are leaving before Sunday the 13th.

All the dates are set and confirmed.   Entertainers, caterers and tour hosts are ready, set to go and, expecting you. 

Thursday   Jack Daniels Tour
Friday      Beechcraft Museum Tour   
   Night      everyone play Jam Session   
Saturday      Ray Cox’s Pawn Tour    Peggy Cox’s women’s clothe (jacket) building class
   Night      White table and silverware Dinner
      Speaker/Comedian
      Orchestra and Dancing ‘til

That’s just a few of the highlights - we haven’t even mentioned the new friends you’ll make, the old friends who’re waiting to see you and, the laughter -  the fun and laughter will be worth way more than the rally fee!
We still have room for you.  Call us today @ 931 247 30six zero or go to www.thegreatamericanbusrally.com/signup.  By the way, Herbie’s coming.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline Oonrahnjay

Re: not last, but late call
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
...  That’s just a few of the highlights

Looking great - it breaks my heart that i can't be there (gotta work for that $$$).   (Some of you may not know that Gary and I worked together from about 1973 - 1978 but we lost touch when I went overseas and he moved to Tenn - we met back up again after about 30 years on this board; when we get together in person ("Jack Black"), it's like it was yesterday.)

BH   NC   USA
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Ericbsc

• 73 05
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
Now thats pretty odd!! Gary's brother Tony said he didn't think he ever worked a day in his life!! LOL Kust kidding Gary ;D We are probably going to leave Tuesday afternoon as soon  as the boss gets home. If I decide to drive straight there I will just park in front of your bus and leave the generator running. If not we will see you early Wed. morning.

Offline garhawk

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words and memories.  We really wish you could be here.  Keep in touch - we'll get together soon.

Eric,

Let's be nice now, company's coming.  You know how easily Tony get's confused.

No matter the time you arrive.  It'll be nice to have you and Karen here!  The key's in the mailbox.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »
    Now thats pretty odd!! Gary's brother Tony said he didn't think he ever worked a day in his life!!  ... 

OK, between the racing motorcycles, RV's, the fishin trips that Gary went on with his son, the bar in the basement and some other "shared interests (which we really didn't "share" IYKWIM)", maybe "work" would be the wrong word.   But if's you'd asked me in 1975 "Name your friend most likely to be hanging around in his shop working on his bus and taking trips in it", I know who'd be the person on the top of that list.  Gary came in one day with some auto parts saying "I got these for cheap at the junk yard", a guy named Mike says "a junk yard" -- I told him "Gary has spent more time in a junk yard than a '57 Buick!"
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal