Author Topic: Air compressor issue. Up and running now...  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Jon

Re: Air compressor issue. Up and running now...
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
Amen!
Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN

Offline Boomer

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »
I had a DDEC issue coming home from Blytheville last spring and had to go into Stewart & Stevenson in Denver.  I have a Silverleaf but was not carrying a ProLink.  Anyway, Denver has a dedicated coach department, and it was pretty busy with Greyhound units in there and there was a MC9 in there also.  The head coach mechanic is Jim.  We quickly found the problem after a couple test hops and Jim was great. And they didn't give me any static about being in the shop working on it with them.  Highly recommend S&S Denver, at least for DD or Allison issues.  They ain't afraid of buses!
'81 Eagle 15/45, NO MORE
'47 GM PD3751-438, NO MORE
'65 Crown Atomic, NO MORE
'48 Kenworth W-1 highway coach, NO MORE
'93 Vogue IV, NO MORE
1964 PD4106-2846
Vancouver, WA USA

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »
Yea Stewart and Stevenson is big into buses in Houston area with the 24hr a day shop there WW Williams in Phoenix has a huge bus dept also not many dealers like buses though 

Like the guy told me at Valley Power they don't need to work on a bus 99% of their work is done on boats, generators,industrial applications and trucks
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 10:07:51 AM »
Just to be clear, I have no problem whatsoever if someone tells me they are booked until later in the week or something. Just fine. However, when they tell me that they can do it, I show up, and they change their mind, that is where I have the issue.

They were the go to bus guys in the area. Had a Prevost XLII in there today, and two E MCI's in there. Not to mention, I just didn't care for their shop. International down the road was fantastic.

So far, every time we have been to SS out west, we have had a good experience. Good folks out there, and I like them.

Cheers,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline B_K

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 04:22:48 PM »
I have to say that since "Clarke Power Systems" bought out the "Covington" dealerships service and attitude have gone down hill fast! (at least for buses!)

The only "Clarke" facility I know of that is still getting good word spread by local bus owners is the Nashville location. (and I believe part of the reason for that is because of all the entertainer buses in/around "guitar town" & that Gary Davis is involved in the TN Motor Coach Association)

I know all my friends (and myself included) have quit using the Memphis location and my friends down around Chattanooga and Knoxville have had bad experiences @ both places!

Also a good friend of mine who used to have a great working relationship with the one in Greensboro, NC has said it's the same over there not too!

From what I have personally experienced down in Memphis it appears all they care about are the big fleets (of trucks) who have no clue if they are getting "the straight scoop" or not and just issue a PO#! And also they have a contract retro-fitting a bunch of old Schneider National trucks with new engines/trans/rear-ends so they could care less about the guy who only has 1 bus converted into an RV or the guy that only owns 4-10 charter buses and has to watch his $.

From what my friends and I have seen if you take in a VISA Platinum card or a BLANK CHECK and tell them "find and fix the problem" they'll be yer new best friend!
;D  BK  ;D

Offline dellisor

• David M Ellisor
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »
ouch that doesnt sound fun but atleast you found the problem.

Offline Seangie

• www.herdofturtles.org
  • And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles
    • Herd of Turtles
Re: Re: Air compressor issue. Up and running now...
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
Clarke bought Covington in Wilmington, NC but all the bus guys are still there and they do a great job...at least they always have for me when we lived there.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S
'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'

Offline B_K

Re: Re: Air compressor issue. Up and running now...
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
Clarke bought Covington in Wilmington, NC but all the bus guys are still there and they do a great job...at least they always have for me when we lived there.

-Sean

[url=http://www.herdofturtles.org]www.herdofturtles.org [/URL]
1984 Eagle Model 10S

That's great to hear. Because my buddy said the Greensboro shop went to "hell in a hand basket!"
;D  BK  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal