Author Topic: Out west and back east  (Read 7929 times)

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
Re: Out west and back east
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
Bus owner's math is like girl math - if you save $100 on a half-off dress, you get to spend $100 on new shoes to go with it!   ;D

Brian

That is so true!
Besides, my bus hobby exists to consume all available funds that I can access.  ;)
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:15 AM »
Bruce:
     We always use I-84 and always stop at Port Jervis on the PA-NJ-NY border at the Delaware River. Although that NJ fuel was the steepest on this long road trip, it was still way less than the rest of New England this autumn.
     We had been in the habit of stopping at a Lukoil at that exit that has easy truck/bus access, and that has been competitive in price, but it changed hands recently and is now some other more expensive brand.
     As you point out, there were several other Port Jervis stations that were cheaper, and next time we'll hit one of those.
Mike in GA
Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for almost 20 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
Bruce:
     We always use I-84 and always stop at Port Jervis on the PA-NJ-NY border at the Delaware River. Although that NJ fuel was the steepest on this long road trip, it was still way less than the rest of New England this autumn.
     We had been in the habit of stopping at a Lukoil at that exit that has easy truck/bus access, and that has been competitive in price, but it changed hands recently and is now some other more expensive brand.
     As you point out, there were several other Port Jervis stations that were cheaper, and next time we'll hit one of those.
Mike in GA 

Yeah, I made four trips (4-wheeler - diesel) NC north (NY, Quebec, New England ..) July through early September and I saw those fluctuations at Port Jervis, too.  Despite all the talk about the upheaval in Egypt and revolution in Syria pushing up speculation on crude oil in the Middle East, supply and demand has pushed gasoline prices way down in the past 6 months or so.  Diesel prices haven't followed - partly because it's a cash cow for petroleum companies (and retailers), they can export it a high prices, and the price can be passed on "invisibly" to consumers.  It's like it's set up to be good for everybody -- except real, individual people. 

Oh, well, it isn't like the money I didn't spend on diesel fuel will do me any good after I'm dead.
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Bill B /bus

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:29:26 AM »
And I will add that continue over the hill and drive south on US209 and the fuel price in Stroudsburg is about the same as Sussex NJ.

NJ is the cheapest for fuel in the entire Northeast. Some places in New Hampshire come close by a penny or two.

Coming south for a fall trip price was 3.85 NH, 3.61 Carmel Church VA, 3.76 Brunswick GA. When we drove by Sussex NJ price was 3.83.

Bill
Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT740

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal