Author Topic: "Bus Family Members Need Others Support & Help"  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
"Bus Family Members Need Others Support & Help"
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
I don't know if I am breaking any rules here on this board or not but I am reposting information posted about a busnut family needing help that was posted on The Eagles International Board and feel everyone should know about it as some of you do not frequent that board and may be friends with these people.  They are in dire need of help, maybe you can help and we have come up with a plan to do that and hope you will also participate.  Something like this could happen to a member of your family and I know you would appreciate the help we are trying to give.  If you know these people read the entire post and get all the information and decide and let your heart do the right thing. Thanks, Gary LaBombard.
Here is the link to the Eagles Post.  If this is Illegal, then delete, I sure hope that won't happen.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3556

I am not sure if the address above was valid as the post was moved at Eagles International, Here is the movement of the post incase the above address brought you to the wrong place.. It may still bring you to the correct place but I just wanted to be sure.  Here is correct moved address if different than one above.
http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3556
Gary

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: "Bus Family Members Need Others Support & Help"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
Gary when you or Clifford get it put the PayPal account on these boards too  so we can put in too. Thanks

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline B_K

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:46 PM »
Clifford (or anyone else that may know)
Has he been transported yet?

I have 2 suggestions that might help if not.
We have the member Keith aka PCC here that uses his bus to transport disabled vets and mobility challenged.
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?action=profile;u=3455;sa=showPosts

Or there is the "network" of "medical transport buses" that have a nurse and needed assistants on board that are for hire.

Maybe we could all chip in and help cover his expenses to do it.
;D  BK  ;D

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »
Dave,
The information to the paypal account is on page two of the post of this Eagles International post:
http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3556
The Paypal account is:
jebseagle@msn.com
I hope everyone was able to see the post of the circumstance of what happened.  If not. let me know here and I will take and copy and paste one article at a time, I believe the above address will allow anyone to read the post in it's entirety for everyone.  Please help if you can.  Any amount will be appreciated by them I am sure.
Gary
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »
BK,
I am not sure if he has been transported as yet or not, I will post on Eagles for clifford to comment as he is in contact with them and hopefully he can pass on your information as well as keep us all updated as well,  Thanks for the information you submitted as well, give your great parents our best for us here from SC.
Gary
Gary

Offline eagle19952

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
This link will take anyone who can help directly and easily to the place at PayPal to put the Email address of who you will send a bit of help. Be sure to use the Friends and Family option, that keeps PayPal from taking a pinch... ;D

]https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=UO9ftj-PINOQs3FT1NG2rsfc-liTY02P3SYe3XikOg_j-BorOXdVAkgrSny&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63]
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »
B-K and others Bob condition made it impossible to transport by land arrangements have been made to fly Bob by Medical air along with his doctors,nurse and mother then Eddie will drive up.

I had a arrangement made with the local fire dept here to transport Bob if all else failed to add I spent 2 days on the phone with FMCA trying get help what a bunch of compassionate jerks they came back with a deal that cost twice as much this is a outfit taking in over 12 mil a year from people like you and I and cannot spring for 10 grand 

Then they can reimburse a dir for a high dollar Alaskan ferry ride to attend a rally what a outfit

Me being a member of FMCA since the 80's their goose egg now belongs to Hargus Disposal what a waste of money that is you guys really need to look and see what your 40 bucks a year does for you  

Thanks guys for anything you can do it doesn't have to be money just caring goes a long way it means a lot to these people  

wish for the best    
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Scott Crosby

• Bus Grease Monkey Forum
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:12:40 AM »
I don't have a lot of parts laying around, but if anyone is looking for this vickers pump and res I'll donate it.  I pulled it out of a motor that's been sitting so I don't know condition. I'll pay the US shipping, Canada I'll spilt actual shipping 50/50, you pay what ever price agreed upon directly to their PayPal and I'll ship it out right away.

I also have a gm bus air wiper motor that was working kinda janky when I pulled it out but I later found out the air line supply inline filter was nearly completely blocked up so I think it will work well but can't say for sure.  It got new o-rings about a year ago. I'll donate that the same deal.  What ever the offer you send to their PayPal and I'll pay US shipping and 50% of Canada shipping.

It's not much but if someone's looking for the parts it might get them a few bucks.
61 GM Fishbowl TDH 4516 102" 35'
1947 GM PD 3751
www.busgreasemonkey.com

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
What about those of us that don't use PayPal.

Don

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
Just PM me the amount you want to donate Don I'll send it for you and you can send me the check and I will do it for anyone else that don't use Pay/Pal and make sure they know who sent it ,they won't be home for while to get their mail and deposit checks   

Donald (eagle 19952) thanks for the info I contacted Pay/Pay and they are going to refund any fees that were charged to that account

good luck

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
Are there any updates on Bob's condition --- also the paypal link doesn't seem to work now.

Is there another link to use to send support??

Thanks

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 04:08:55 PM »
It was working a little confusing to some that don't know Eddies name is Raymond

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: Re: "Bus Family Members Need Others Support & Help"
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 06:22:21 AM »
I just went into paypal and then sent the funds to the email link within paypal system
Got a email back saying it was successful.
Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Worked for me too.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal