Author Topic: Walmart Batteries  (Read 10855 times)

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
Re: Walmart Batteries
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »
Kind if got away from walmart batteries.
 I have six interstate 1850 floor scrubber batteries for my house bank.
No problem.
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »
One can build a battery bank for what ever the budget will allow I have had LifeLine AGM batteries melt before with charging and the heat from the high way here in AZ one vented and took out my entire bank of 8.

If one wants a 1st class battery bank and the pocket books allows it Rolls Surrett is the way to go but Joe Laird and the railroad are the only two I know that can afford it lol

What other battery besides Surrett will offer a 10 year warranty, most people I know and I did also could get 7 years from golf cart batteries YMMD just build your battery bank for good service and a reasonable investment it will work for you  
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »
Well said
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline sommersed

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
Knowledge is a great thing.  If using battery's for living, battery knowledge can be found at http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

Ed

Offline Lee Bradley

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
As with all sites, take them with a grain of salt. The battery bank wiring is not correct. While it will work as shown, it does not charge or discharge the batteries properly; the power and ground should be on opposite ends of the bank.

Offline Tikvah

• Dave & Amy
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
I appreciate all the input.  You probably saved me some money in the long run.  I thought I was looking at 845 A x 4 or 6 batteries.  Figured I was a genius. 

Now, where does a country kid find 6V Golf Cart batteries?  I hope to leave Michigan tomorrow and get as far as Pennsylvania.  then I'll leave the bus for a week and then pick it up and head south in the general direction of Spring Hill Florida.

I might just wait for Florida to do my batteries.  I have one Marine battery in there now, connected to my start batteries through the Vanner.  That's enough for my 2000 Watt Inverter to maintain my Fridge and some little stuff.

Unrelated question:  When I kill the big battery switch next to the start batteries, does that stop the flow of the start batteries to my 12V Marine Battery?   In other words, if I kill my Marine Battery, will I kill my start batteries with the switch off?

Dave
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
http://dave-amy.com/

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »
If you have a Costco or Sams Club card that is where you can get the best deal you only pay a $9.00 core charge and the price is good it's worth the card fee in core charges
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
The start batteries will be turned to off when you put the switch on off. they can still lose charge depending on any par-acidic loads that may be going in the Bus and from time down, cold, or heat but essentially they will be dead or out of use. It just keeps any one from starting the Bus.

It should not drain your marine Battery unless you have loads pulling off it while you are gone and again any par-acidic loads(I.E. alarm clocks, refrigerator digital display, TV even in off position. Computers even when off,night lights, etc.

If your charger is not running from a 110 shore source it will not keep it charged if it goes down. If everything is shut off and it is not plugged into shore power or auto generator start with inverter on then just unhook the power cable on your marine battery while you are gone and turn off your inverter.

Dave5Cs
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline gus

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
I use 2 GP-29 Marine batts from WM for house with no problems but my electric load is not great, no inverter.

It all depends on your needs.

I hate heavy batts!

I've never had any problems with WM batty warranties and they are everywhere!
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal