Author Topic: Closing off windows  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Lester

Closing off windows
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »
We are planning to convert a 1982 MCI 9. Please inform us as to how you would close off 3 windows on one side and 2 windows on the other side. What would be best to use, fiberglass, steel, or aluminum?
Les

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
Re: Closing off windows
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 03:50:13 AM »
Mine has the Al right over the windows, I bought it that way.  I took one off and replaced the glass though.

Check out MAKs methods too.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline Stan

Re: Closing off windows
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:51 AM »
My suggestionis to remove all the window frames and weld in new structure where you want windows.  Then put on a new skin, of the material of your choice,  the full length of the bus. This makes it easy to put in custom windows of a size and type that you like.  It also makes the finished bus look like a professional job .

Everone doing a conversion is faced with the same problem at every step of the way. A home done conversion can look as good as the Country Coach or Vantare or as bad as the ones that are not allowed in camp grounds. You picjk the level of quality that you want in the finished coach and work to that standard. The better job is not necessarily more expensive but is always more labor intensive.

When you sell the coach you might be lucky and get ten cents an hour for the labor that you put in so it has to be for self satisfaction if you put in the extra hours.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal