Author Topic: What Can Happen in One Minute While Driving a Bus?  (Read 6809 times)

Offline Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM

• Publisher - BCM
  • Administrator
    • Bus Conversion Magazine
What Can Happen in One Minute While Driving a Bus?
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:35:33 PM »
Say you are driving your bus 60 MPH, you will travel one mile each minute. If you are lucky enough to own a bus that gets 9 MPG, and you are paying $3.87 per gallon of Diesel fuel (the national average last week) it will cost you $0.43 per mile in fuel costs alone to get to Grandmothers house for Christmas this week.  The cost of fuel to drive your bus one minute is the same as it costs per week to subscribe to Bus Conversion Magazine and you too can be reading stories about other bus enthusiasts travels and tribulations and learn more about safely driving your bus and information about maintaining and repairing your bus.  You will also learn tips for buying and selling a bus, rebuilding and remodeling and updating the exterior and interior of your bus. The magazine also has lots of informational pictures which you won’t see on the Forum. 

If you are reading this message (I know you are, I can see you) it is because people that subscribe to Bus Conversion Magazine are supporting the cost to maintain the website and this Forum that over 15,000 unique people have read in just the past month.  Many of those people read the Forum to offer or gain helpful technical information, or opinions about different aspects of owing a bus, or even to request technical help while stranded on the side of the highway.  Others just like to read it daily just to keep up with what is going on in the Bus Conversion community.

If you wish to continue to be able to read the Forum for years to come, please consider subscribing to Bus Conversion Magazine and see what it is all about. If you were a previous subscriber and stopped, you will see there have been major changes over the past year since I purchased the magazine and the website and many more changes will be coming this year.  Give yourself a gift this year and try a one year subscription and you may find yourself hooked.  We hear from many readers that say they just can’t wait to receive their BCM subscription each month and they read it cover to cover.

During our Christmas special, we are offering 10% off new and renewals for subscriptions.  Think about how much you enjoy reading the Forum and consider subscribing to the magazine that supports the Forum.  We would also love to have you send us pictures and articles about your bus and would love to feature your bus on the cover and in the centerfold of the magazine so you too can become famous. Heck, if I can do it, anybody can.  My bus was in the May 2013 issue which I full time in.

Our magazine prices are very reasonable.  At less than the cost of fuel just to air up your bus before each trip, you too can be enjoying the magazine by bus nuts and for bus nuts.

We, at Bus Conversions Magazine, wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  To celebrate the holidays we are offering a 10% discount special on all renewals and to all new subscriptions ordered by December 31, 2013. This is a one-time offer as a way of thanking our readers during the Christmas holidays.

E-Mag      1 Yr          Only $0.43/Week which is only        $22.50/ Year
      E-Mag      2 Yrs        Only $0.39/Week which is only        $40.50/2 Years
      E-Mag      3 Yrs        Only $0.35/Week which is only        $54.00/3 Years

Std Print   1 Yr          Only $0.66/Week which is only       $34.20/ Year
      Std Print   3 Yrs        Only $0.61/Week which is only        $63.00/2 Years
      Std Print   3 Yrs        Only $0.57/Week which is only        $89.10/3 Years

1st Class Print   1 Yr  Only $1.18/Week or                       $61.20/ Year

If your subscription is coming up for renewal, now is the time to renew.  If you wish to give the gift of a BCM Subscription, now is the perfect time.  This is a gift that will keep on giving, month after month for 12, 24, or 36 months.  Each month the person you gifted a subscription to, will be reminded of your generosity.

This offer is valid for any type of subscription whether it is an E-Magazine that is emailed to you monthly, the Online Edition which can be read Online or downloaded to be read later and for the U.S. Standard Print or a U.S. First Class delivery of the magazine to your mailbox.  Unfortunately we are not able to offer this discount to non-U.S. subscribers for Print Magazines as postal rates are so high.  But this does apply to all E-Mag subscribers anywhere in the world.

To obtain this one-time discount, simply go online and renew your subscription using the Promo Code “xmas10off”.  If you are interested in the E-Mag Add-on, simply add in the Notes that you would also like the E-Mag add-on.  Or you can simply email Linda with your name, phone number, mailing address, email address and credit card information before December 31st and she will update your records.  Or if you wish, you can call the office and we will take care of you over the phone at 714-903-1784. 

Also, when renewing or subscribing, consider switching over to an environmentally friendly E-Magazine as it has several advantages.

The dog will not eat it.
      It will not get lost in the mail.
      It takes up much less space in your bus.
      It will not get stained with coffee, beer, or wine.
      You can search the entire PDF by words or phrases.
      The Tree Huggers will not be giving you the evil eye.
      It will not get wet when it is raining or snowing outside.
      You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
      You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
      It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
      It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
      It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
      You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
      It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
      By clicking on any ad, a hotlink will take you directly to the advertiser’s website.
      It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.

And best of all…

If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.

If you currently receive BCM in a Printed Edition but would like to convert over to an E-Mag subscription, simply send Linda an email and she will convert your subscription over and it will be prorated and the Expiration Date extended as the E-Magazine is a less expensive subscription than the printed editions so you will receive more issues before your Expiration Date.

If you already have a Print Subscription and would also like to receive an E-Mag subscription, we will add you to the E-Mag mailing list for only a few dollars more.  Here are the rates to add an E-Mag Subscription to a current Print Subscription.

1-Year Subscription add $5
     2-Year Subscription add $8
     3-Year Subscription add $10

You will receive the E-Mag as soon as the magazine is uploaded to the printer, and you will receive the Printed Edition about three weeks later.

If you have any questions about your subscription, please email Linda at Linda@BusConversions.com

If you have any questions about anything else, contact me at Gary@BusConversions.com

Thank you,
Gary – Publisher
Linda - Subscriptions and Accounting
714-903-1784
1967 Eagle with Series 60 Power Plant
Gary@BusConversionMagazine.com

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: What Can Happen in One Minute While Driving a Bus?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
Hi Folks!

Merry Christmas & a Healthy, Happy New Year!

This is a great deal for renewing or first time subscription. 10% off by December 31st!

Gary has proven that he has changed the past inconsistency of BCM magazine!!! My copy arrives on

time every month like clock work. It will only rise to new levels from here with your support. Great articles,

new advertisers, and lots of busses & parts for sale.  I'm very proud to open my copy every month now.

As Gary has stated, the cost is very minimal compared to what we spend to run our busses down the road

and to maintain. Please try and help grow our magazine and forum by subscribing today!

Thank You!
Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »
i renewed mine.  I hope it's well worth the money, but i wanted to thank him anyway for allowing this site.  i'm sure it's not cheap for him to do the forum.  i'm looking forward to getting my copy after a year or two away.

thanks Gary, and Merry Christmas.  You should come to the Florida Arcadia Rally.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline georgemci102a2

• 1988 MCI
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 08:09:52 PM »
My,thoughts are with you "and "Fran"...... :(....George
1988 mci 102a2/6v92ta/Grovetown,Ga.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:17:07 AM »
After years away I took plunge Gary is a character I enjoy talking to him he has been dipping into his pocket keeping the magazine and board going like all of us there will come a time when pockets have nothing else to dip into so help the guy out 

You gotta hand to the guy for honoring all the subscriptions he got not one penny of revenue from that is costing the hell out of him but he is honoring something he had nothing to do with my hat's off to him 
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline saddleup

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 03:54:31 AM »
Well im in signed up for the email deal,
Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
NEXT
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 05:13:15 AM »
Kudos to Gary and his team of players!  8)

They have done a great job of keeping the magazine alive and the forum made available to us.

This forum is a great help when needing help. A few years back traveling from LA to Texas, I broke down in Palm Springs. My wife put out an SOS on this forum and the response we received was nothing but amazing. Bus Nuts I had not met called me and offered their assistance. Without this forum it would have been so much more difficult.

Having received a new compressor from a couple of Bus Angels, I arrived in Abilene, TX on Christmas day 2006! Thanks Clifford and Sonja for your help!

Help keep it alive by subscribing to the magazine. It's a great place to hang out and get help when needed.

Merry Christmas to our Bus Family!

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline muldoonman

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
Gary, what's the diff between std. and 1st class print?

Offline TEAKNE

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
Just ordered my 1 year print subscription! Looking forward to getting my bus on the road this spring!  This forum has provided an endless supply of useful advise and humor!  Wishing all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New (BUSNUT) year!  ;D
God Bless
 Todd

Offline Timkar

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »
Signed up for the 3 year email deal and just received Decembers !!!!! ;D ;D
Cawston, British Columbia

Offline Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM

• Publisher - BCM
  • Administrator
    • Bus Conversion Magazine
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »
Muldoonman.   The difference between a Standard Print magazine and a First Class Print magazine is $27.00 per year.  Next question?

Ha Ha, Just kidding.  Most people subscribe to the Standard Print edition.  They are both the same magazine, only the USPS delivery is different.

I am not a postal worker, but my information has come from folks who work or have worked for USPS and members of the Forum and BCM Subscribers.

First Class delivery mail supposedly gets to your house faster.  It has a higher priority and gets treated like all other First Class mail such as regular letters like bills etc.

Standard delivery mail also gets delivered to your door…eventually.  Standard Print delivery is considered Second Class mail, which sometimes may be delayed a few days if the Postal delivery person gets a lot of mail to deliver in one day, he may put the Second Class mail off until he gets a lighter load, i.e. around Christmas time.

Another advantage is that First Class mail will be forwarded if you move whereas Second Class will not.

With all of that being said, one X-Postal worker said there really is no difference in delivery anymore. He said both First Class and Second Class take the same route, no longer one by air and one by truck and that both get there about the same time.  But my experience is, because I subscribe to both the First Class and the Standard Delivery is that the First Class arrives between 3 to 6 days earlier than the Standard Class, but your mileage may vary.  A bit of trivia here, back in the old days (when I was in grade school, when we still used chalk boards) when the mail was being delivered by truck, there were actually postal employees riding in the back of the truck sorting the mail.  That was a long, long time ago before they had machines to do that kind of stuff.

Another consideration is that some subscribers, as happened to me when I was a subscriber a few years ago, I seldom received my second class magazine at all.  But when I upgraded to a First Class subscription, I received my magazines each month.   Never figured out why, but I am not the only one that has had that problem.  One of our subscribers suggested it may have to do with the Standard Print being sent in a clear poly wrap so everyone can see what is in there, and First Class comes in a plain white envelope so no one can see what is in there.

If some of you other members have more info to offer, please step in because am only going on what I have heard. Also there was a post about this about a year ago or so, but I couldn't find it.  But some members who are X-Postal employees, told us the inside story of why some Standard Class magazines never get delivered.  If anyone can find that post, please post the URL here for everyone to review.

Bottom line, unless you want to receive your magazine a few days earlier, or if you have having problems receiving your magazines via Standard Class, you may want to upgrade to First Class.

However my best advice is to do like I do, subscribe to both the Standard Edition and the First Class Edition and then you can do a comparison and see for yourself.  Then when your subscription comes up for renewal next year, choose the one you like the best.  I have a big heart, so I am just trying to help you make your decision based on where you live.  ;)

1967 Eagle with Series 60 Power Plant
Gary@BusConversionMagazine.com

Offline Eagle Andy

• Cowboy Coach
  • 1968 Silver Eagle # 7481
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
I renewed mine and get in the po box, comes on time I love it Thanks for all you guys do  ;D
1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT

Offline edvanland

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
Had a slight problem with my new subscription, called Gary and told him the problem and true to his word the problem was fixed right now. Received my magazine, love it, and he also send me some to give out to some friends we will meet in Quartzsite as well as some for other bus nuts we see there. His magazine rivals the quality of National Geographics, plus this board is awsume.
THANKS  and Merry Christmas to Gary and his and also to all others.
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline LowTide

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
I am game, could someone please give me a link where I can purchase my subscription? I it can't be posted here, please shoot me a PM ;)

Thanks so much!
Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"
"Just Misbehavein' "

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal