Author Topic: gm 4106 window weather stripping/rubber replacement  (Read 3127 times)

Offline AndyyCoulic

gm 4106 window weather stripping/rubber replacement
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:52:36 AM »
Hey everyone! i am recently a new owner of a 4106!
sad to say the bus was vandalized last summer and all of the windows besides the windshield was broken or cracked.

Insurance is covering the cost of replacing the windows and im going through motionwindows for the peninsular glass replacements for the front drivers side window, door window and the rear parallelogram windows.

Now, i am looking for a replacement for the rubber weatherstripping on the 'D' shaped windows. my weather stripping isnt the nicest and im looking for a better replacement so when the windows come out to get new glass cut, that ill be able to put something back in properly.

Is there a company that makes new rubber for these windows? or is there anyone who has a set thats in decent condition that they would be willing to part with!??
(edit: from further investigation motionwindows may have a replacement for the D shaped windows as well, they hadnt added those into my original quote, not knowing they made them)

second of all heres a picture of the bus ! (also this may be an old board members bus, i found binders with posts from busconversions.com and busnut.com) any extra info on the bus would be cool to see!

Andyy

1963 gm4106-1761
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
Re: gm 4106 window weather stripping/rubber replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
Andyy,

Most of the window rubber is available.  Call Luke at US Coach in Vineland NJ.  He can tell you what's available and what's not.  Plus he can sell you what you need.

I don't recognize your coach but I'm sure some will have some info if you post the VIN, if you haven't already. 
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
Re: gm 4106 window weather stripping/rubber replacement
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »
Andyy -

Luke's toll-free number is 1-888-262-2434, not sure if that will work from Canada.  His other number is 856-767-4848.

Since Motion Windows aka Peninsula Glass can also supply what you're looking for, you might just get a package deal.

Oh, and if you didn't know already, PD4106-1761 was delivered new as fleet number 1946 to Autobus Saguenay, HQ'd in Montreal, PQ, in April of 1963.  It was delivered thru GMC's Overseas Division, which handled all exports.

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal