Author Topic: HELP NEEDED IN NORTH CAROLINA, TULSA OKLAHOMA, WARMEST GREETINGS !  (Read 8776 times)

Offline fishbowl

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED 1965 G.M.C., SDM 5302 SUBURBAN, [[ NEW LOOK FISHBOWL ]].  THIS COACH IS 40 FT. LONG, POWERED BY A 6V71 GM DETROIT DIESEL W/4 SPEED SPICER TRANSMISSION.  THE FLOOR HAS BEEN LOWERED TO ACCOMMODATE A COMPLETE INTERIOR MAKEOVER.  IT NOW HAS ALMOST ALL THE COMFORTS OF A CLASSIC HOME ON WHEELS !  ......HOWEVER WE LIVE IN N.C. AND OUR CONVERSION IS IN TULSA, OK.  IT HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 3 YEARS OR SO AT THE FORMER OWNER'S HOME AND WE NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP TO GET HER HOME.  ALL SYSTEMS WERE WORKING AS THEY SHOULD WHEN IT WAS PARKED, BUT THE FRONT TIRES ARE NOW SHOWING WEATHER CRACKING.  THERE MAY ALSO BE OTHER ISSUES AND THIS IS WHERE MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT BOARD CAN BE OF HELP.  IF YOU LIVE IN THAT AREA OR WILL BE PASSING THROUGH OR KNOW A TRUSTED FRIEND THAT CAN HELP, PLEASE LET US HEAR FROM YOU. I CAN BE REACHED IN N.C. BY PHONE @ 336-859-2101.  WE WILL BE POSTING PICTURES AS SOON AS WE CAN FOR YOU, AND OTHER GREAT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THE GM NEW LOOK FISHBOWL CAME INTO BEING, AND SOME OTHER INTERESTING FACTS.   ALL HELP IS WELCOMED, THANKS IN ADVANCE.  P.S.  IF YOUR TRAVELS TAKE YOU TO  NORTH CAROLINA AND WE CAN BE OF HELP TO YOU, PLEASE CALL.

Offline grantgoold

Re: HELP NEEDED IN NORTH CAROLINA, TULSA OKLAHOMA, WARMEST GREETINGS !
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:33 PM »
You may first want to take off the caps key 8) ???
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »
Fishbowl, please re-post w/o CAPS.  Very difficult to read.

GaryD
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
Ok, seriously, guys, it's only capital letters! Get over it. Not everyone is accustomed to, or even necessarily believes in (or cares about), the so called net "etiquette".
His message says exactly the same thing as it would if he had used lower case letters. Would you complain if he put it in all lower case, with no caps at the beginning
of sentences? I don't see you giving Cliff a hard time for not using punctuation... ever. That's his style. You accept it and just read through and insert punctuation
as necessary and are thankful he's posting his voluminous knowledge. Do the same here.

Welcome, Fishbowl. Congratulations on your purchase. Hope you find someone to help you. If I were near Tulsa I'd be willing to help.  Since I don't have a job, I may be
available to go get it and deliver it for you, for a nominal fee. Would be good if it had a hitch and was wired to pull a toad.  ::)

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »

Welcome to the bus world from another North Carolinian. 

Live in north western North carolina. give us a shout and we may be able to help. when you head west to get the "coach" might have some one to ride also.

A bus trip is always welcome

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline saddleup

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Ok, seriously, guys, it's only capital letters! Get over it. Not everyone is accustomed to, or even necessarily believes in (or cares about), the so called net "etiquette".
His message says exactly the same thing as it would if he had used lower case letters. Would you complain if he put it in all lower case, with no caps at the beginning
of sentences? I don't see you giving Cliff a hard time for not using punctuation... ever. That's his style. You accept it and just read through and insert punctuation
as necessary and are thankful he's posting his voluminous knowledge. Do the same here
Welcome, Fishbowl. Congratulations on your purchase. Hope you find someone to help you. If I were near Tulsa I'd be willing to help.  Since I don't have a job, I may be
available to go get it and deliver it for you, for a nominal fee. Would be good if it had a hitch and was wired to pull a toad.  ::)

craig

thanks craig WELL SAID,BETTER THEN WHAT I WAS THINKIN
Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
It iterates the hell out some Craig lol the best the guy can do it Tulsa if it doesn't workout for you is have Kraft Tours service it before his journey home good people and won't rip him off.Then the guy that services Roy Clark buses in Owasso he is fair, then the guy at Wagoner Tours between Coweta and Wagoner will do a good job little pricey but good  

I have a friend that lives in Wagoner and owns a bus if he is not busy maybe he could help I will PM him Bobs number now if I can just find the damn Cap's for the numbers  
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
I am sorry.  I ask your forgiveness.

GaryD
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 05:44:30 AM »
I NEED HELP EVERY DAY  !!  Typing doesn't matter.  Noticed he was on again this AM. Just need to realize we are all different and have moods.  Normal CAPS are reserved for yelling or attention getting.  That said.  WELCOME  to the madness.  Everyone here ,including yourself has life experiences and skills to share.  Our ages vary. I'm soon to be 68 and am slowing down physically but have time to help others being retired.  That is common with several older guys here.  Basically everyone here is BUSNUTS!  Do post and don't depend solely on search function for answers. The My messages  in the blue banner above can be helpful if you prefer one on one communication.       Bob   
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
I am sorry.  I ask your forgiveness.

GaryD

Of course you're forgiven. We're all family here. Some just a little more deranged than others, but family, nonetheless.
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline seaton@mta

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
Gary,

You have a very interesting coach.  I have never seen a suburban without AC.  I also have an SDM 5302.  It is a seated coach registered as an historic bus.  Good luck with yours.

-- Seaton 

Offline fishbowl

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
How many people in this ole world would be able to identify a 5203 Suburban as not having coach air by simply looking at a profile picture?  Answer:  only you my friend, only you!  (and your wife doesn't think you're all that special ... LOL)  There comes a time when we must replace older high-maintenance A/C systems with something more modern and that was the case here plus the removal of all the components decreased our overall weight.
How do you like the new look on the back top end of our "G.M. NEW LOOK"?

Fishbowl

Offline ArtGill

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »
Were in North Carolina?  I live in Morehead City, most likely to be too far to help unless you come to the beach.

Art
Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta

Offline Charles in SC

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »
That bus may have had a/c at one time, it looks like the roof has been done over where the a/c roof part was.
I covered over mine when I removed it.
I have an S8M 5303 with an 8-71, I am curious how fast it will be with a 6-71.
S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
Where do I put the ribbon in on this comput-ter?
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal