Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 86396 times)

Offline Foolsgold

Re: Bus accident/ Daniel McMurphy..Fund Ideas
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »
Personally and again without having any experience with this sort of thing, I think we should do something like Craig did with the calculators and put it into an account of our own and then when we feel it's all said and done, make the contribution from all of us in all of our behalf's. If we all just make a personal deposit on our own to thier own fund, I don't think it would mean as much coming from someONE he doesn't know, but coming from a group (all of us) it would mean much more!  Am I making any sense? Probably not!

Again, I may be all wet here but i guess anyway you guys decide is ok with me. I'm for sure in!

I'm just devestated at the thought of a really talented bus mechanic is down on his luck like this and at this time of the year!

I remember when he first came to my house to check my Eagle out for the first time. I was kind of worried he would laugh me out of the state since he did his own conversion and me never being in it and only seeing the outside, it looked really sharp, but when he first saw mine he was in aww! Come to find out, it was better than his and mine was nothing to really look at because it was just store bought stuff screwed in place! From that point on, he wanted me to work on his and re-do some of the stuff he had previously done but he moved away before I could do anything!

Only thing I really remember about his bus was it was very brightly lit with hidden lighting in the sides of the ceiling and it had that piano which i still wonder about how he got it in! LOL

Thanks again for all your help!

Ace

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:53 PM »
Ok,

I say it's a go.... One account and we will use Craigs Paypal yhe same way as for Kale..

Craig and Brian or Cliff  ??  I forgot who all set it up, Sorry.

When it's ready we will put a thread together and sticky it...

This is a very justified cause and I hope we raise a good amount for their Family.  This really hit home! because it could have been any one of us.

This news has humbeled me greatly. It really makes you think about how different we need to drive our pride and joy's Especially after seeing

the front end of Daniels' Eagle.

Fire away
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »
 O.k;
 Count me in too.I will certainly keep him in my prayers as well. I'm sure that this will touch many more!
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »
Yes, very sobering - there but for the grace of God go I.

Count me in too.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
You guys are great!

Count me in, when and where do I send money.

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »
Count us in too.    
May I suggest that whoever collects the donations, have a clearcut method of ID'ing donated funds and their disposition....lest all that cash moving thru your account attract the attention of the IRS.   This account could attract a tidy sum...I hope so.  
May be a good idea to discuss Dan's needs with him or his wife before sending any funds directly to him or into his accounts...lest we interfere with his qualifying for Medicaid or other assistance by jacking up, however minimally, his assets.  
If Dan has no medical insurance, having no assets is beneficial...to a point.
Dan may find it benificial for us to donate towards a prothesis or DMEs.   I don't know.   If he's a veteran, he may find some reliief thru the VA.   That will take some time to sort out...
I strongly recommend moving on with the fund for Dan,  and then giving him or his wife choices on what their needs may be.  Lump sum may be best.   If so, cool.    Their finances could (will) become complicated.   One thing's for certain, a judgement won't take a wheelchair, or inexpensive car, or prosthesis.  
If Dan has not suffered injuries beyond his lower extremeties, and is otherwise in good health, he'll be out of the hospital rather quickly.   That's when his and his wife's needs will take on a new focus.  
Arcadia may be a good time to make a decision based on Dan's outcome and needs.  
You know, from Dan's perspective, life may seem just too damn complicated about now.  I cannot imagine what he's going thru.    God forbid I never find out.    
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline ArtGill

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 07:22:37 PM »
I'm in.  Provide the Paypal address as soon as it is available.

Art
Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta

captain ron

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 07:23:34 PM »
For every CD or Shirt I sell from my web site that goes through my PAYPAL account I will donate $5.00, for every thong I will donate $1.00 and every bumper sticker .50 cents to the fund and will transfer it through PayPal to whatever you set up. It might not be much but all I can do. I will do this through the end of the year and if succesful further if needed
Captain Ron

http://www.captainronshow.com

Capt. Ron,
Normally we don't allow advertisments but, because of this good cause and your donations we will leave it.
I have to say this because there is always someone that complains...
Thanks,
Nick-

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »
I'm in!

Could use a t-shirt,
and we all need thongs!

Keep us posted,  he is lucky in this tragedy well should all pray our way
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »
Sorry, I've been busy working on my other home today and away from the Internet. I just emailed Craig that I'll be happy to set up another page and Paypal donate button for donations to Mr. McMurphy.

Is it my understanding that Craig wants the same account used as before??

I'll work on it tonight and post a link.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline Busnut83

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
Great idea''''

Count us in ...

Michael & Doris

Offline 82 MCI-9

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:38 PM »
count us into

Robert and Rachelle

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 08:28:41 PM »
I made up a quick page and button. Be forewarned, until I know which Paypal account the $ goes to, the button is inactive. Craig's email address is in the page for info on snail mail donations. But if I need to change this to someone else's, that's easy.

http://www.thefamilybus.net/accident/

I gleaned some of the pertinent details from the news story and Ace's ongoing contributions, so hopefully they are all accurate.

In the meantime, any suggestions to page content would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could find a photo of Daniel, it might help "put a face" on this donation drive.

I'm reluctant to insert any images taken of the crash into the page, due to copyright issues.

I'll post back when the button is active.
Brian B.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:56 AM »
Brian,

Looks great!

ACE, I cleaned up this thread...

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Foolsgold

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 05:38:54 AM »
Thank you very much!

I just couldn't see why we would have a link to this thread regarding information about this tragic incident and to have to read about personal JUNK if you know what I mean!

The pay-pal page looks great by the way!

Thanks
Ace

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal