Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 86379 times)

Offline Rich (Prevost)

Re: Bus accident/ Daniel McMurphy..Fund Ideas
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »
Dan McMurphy is a great guy. Hard working, looking for a break. Had a following of "Bus Nuts" in Alabama, Mississippi. I have talked to him in the past & Steve at IBP really had a close relationship with him. God Bless all that are giving to his family. I hope our donations can make a difference.

Rich

Offline Runcutter

• Runcutter.com
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »
My contribution is ready for the mail - US mail preferred for the same reasons stated by others.  Craig, thanks for handling this.  Let's keep it up. 

My thought is "there, but for the Grace of God, go I.  I remember seeing the results of a head-on between a drunk and a 4905 back when I was driving bus.  If the bus driver hadn't lifted his left foot up when the car hit the corner of the bus, he'd have been severely injured.  It only takes a few seconds.  To quote the sergeant on Hill Street Blues, "Let's all be careful out there."

Arthur Gaudet   Carrollton, TX.
Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
Former owner of a 1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2006, 05:48:02 PM »
Craig,

Did my donation come through.  Seems like the connection may have timed out.  If you don't have it I will try Pay Pal again.

Bill Williamson
Blue MCI-9
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Foolsgold

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »
Ace,

Thank you very much for your phone calls and support during this time.   We are very grateful for what you and many others are doing during this time to help Danny and Heather. 

Today the doctor removed his breathing tube at 11:30 am.    He was able to talk a very little bit.    He has one more surgery to do final close and cleanup on Monday or Tuesday.   Thursday mom and dad are traveling with my sister Debbie to se Danny.

We are blessed to know that people all over are praying and giving of themselves to Danny, Heather and Hannah.

To receive a blessing, you must first give.   Danny must have given a lot.

Thank You

Dennis McMurphy

Offline Foolsgold

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2006, 07:00:47 PM »
Dan and his Family...

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »
Thanks for Dan's brother's update and the picture. I've updated the button page with the pic.

Brian B.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2006, 07:42:12 PM »
Ace,

Thanks for getting the picture posted and all your efforts on this.

They look like anyone of our families or friends, and in an instant there in this ordeal.

To All,

If you can help with a donation of ANY amount, I guarantee it will be appreciated.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2006, 09:16:13 PM »
Craig,

Did my donation come through.  Seems like the connection may have timed out.  If you don't have it I will try Pay Pal again.

Bill Williamson
Blue MCI-9

Yes, Bill.  I just sent a reply. 

Thank you for your contribution. Much appreciated.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Dreamscape

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2006, 10:17:06 PM »
To All Who Worked on this,

A sincere THANKS.

We made the contribution and wish it could have been more.

It is a great feeling to know so many folks on this board have caring and giving spirits.

Our prayers are with Dan and his family.

Paul & Becky Lawry

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2006, 07:18:18 AM »
ACE, Craig, Brian,

BRAVO.....APPLAUSE....

You Guy's are Heros    This is a BIG, BIG, help to this family.     I'm glad so many members are jumping in on this help.

Thanks to all for getting involved, It's a worthy cause..

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

JerryH

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2006, 07:16:22 PM »
I second the Kudos to those who made the PayPal and donation site work and to those who have made a donation.

Now ... it looks like the $$$$$ stalled a bit.

Donate the equivilant of 100-miles of Diesel ... that's a little bit shy of $45.00.

Donate the equivilant of 50-miles of Diesel ... that's about a few bucks over $20.00.

So give up a the scratch $$$ of a few miles of diesel today and you'll be helping out a fellow BusNut.

Jerry H.

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2006, 05:20:02 AM »
I would really like to have posted this on the main page of MAK but I know it would have been moved to this location to comply with this thread concerning Daniel McMurphy and his awful accident that has been weighing on me since it happened. 

I was happy to see a fund was started to help this poor man and his family cope with this situation that there is no way I personally think I could have had the will to live through it. We all get strengths we did not know we had at times we never expected and Daniel has received this gift and using this strength he will continue to do his job as it is not done here on earth as yet.  I believe Daniel still has a job to do and has been spared to bind us all together at this time of Christ's Birth and now we should appreciate all we have by reaching out for our friend (Daniel and his Family) that not many of us have had the privilege to hear of or know before this accident.

On just this board alone there is 1128 of us that probably read these threads every singe day but so not make any comments, suggestions or supply any information to.  That is all our privileges’ but now I am personally asking you to help one of our own by giving a very modest Christ giving gift.  This next suggestion is only intended to those that can probably afford to do this, and if you cannot please consider what you possibly can without putting a strain on your finances.  Hopefuly we will all have the spirit of giving no matter what the amount you contriubte is to our busnut friend in need. It has been suggested previously by ACE that if all of us on this board would contribute a modest $20, just a $20 bill through Pay Pal or snail mail check to this family at this very important time we should realize how much we are doing for this family and for ourselves as I am sure when you listen to Christmas Music or have a holiday get together that (Daniel and his family) will enter your mind but you will have a smile of contentment and happiness from giving.  The $20 suggestion is just that, This is only a goal for those that can spare this amount but my no means intended to be a suggested amount that has to be contributed.  There is No amount too small or too large.  The amount given should be decided from your heart and only decided by that way.

Knowing we all have done our very best to make this family keep faith and that nothing but good can come out of all the pain Daniel is suffering right this moment and that we will have reached out to him and made this mental & physical pain leave him for good is more of an emotional reward to us individually as a Busnut than what you realize.  This pain of Daniels can be overcome not just with drugs etc. but with love from us all and concern that we do not want Daniel to even think of giving up and for him to plan on continuing the  job he is here to do until time to go home like we all will.  Our contributions to his survival fund will go further than any medications can and our faith & prayers will make his life so worth living as a testament of love to us all to live by.

This modest Christ giving / surviving gift of $20 or what ever is affordable to you as givers will surely continue to build the fund For Daniel that I am so gratefull to Gumpy for offering to maintain this fund for us to Daniel.   The rewards you will receive as the totals add up during every day that Gumpy keeps us informed about will make you see how good you would feel had this situation happened to you and all 1128 of your Busnuts friends helped you reach peace of mind financially and spiritually no matter what the amount given by you is, and don't forget the special prayers needed for Daniel & his family.

If any of you can find it possible to contribute more the rewards of giving will not get bigger but the reward of helping a friend in his worst time of need will be absolutely priceless and I assure you your Holiday will be more meaningful when you think of the good you have done for the Daniel McMurphy Family.

Please make this Christmas Holiday Season one you will never forget for someone you will probably never get to meet but then again miracles do happen and I am sure Daniel will be reaching out to us all in the future though his faith in us being there for him.

Watch the MAK post from Gumpy grow and let your heart feel the warmth as the totals raise and you know you have done your part to make this all happen and you know that this same support could be what you would hope for should anything this tragic happen to you.

Please do all you can for this family.
God Bless you all and travel safe in your bus with your families.
Have a very Merry Christmas,
Gary
Gary

captain ron

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2006, 10:56:41 AM »
I have been involved in some ways in several fund raisers for fellow bikers and families or friends. with the exception of one in Murfreesboro,Tn that the HOG chapter and Busters place put on with a poker run and auction of donated products that raised over$30,000 dollars in one day for a girl with cystic fibroses, most even with lots of time to promote and organize have only raised this amount (the amount we have now)of money or less. I think this is very good for our small community of bus nuts. Some people including my self may not really be able to spare $20.00 at this time. I have promised to give a portion of my web sale to this cause, although I made only one sale I donates all of that money and the $5.00 I promised. Prodding people or beating them up because the didn't ar haven't yet donated is not nesessary . If the fund has stalled we need to come up with more creative ways to raise more money. We all have a bunch of junk around the houe we don't need, bus parts, tools, craft stuff we make and a big portion of us deal on Ebay. So why don't we sell some of these treasures on Ebay and donate some or all of the proceeds to this cause (as we see fit less ebay fees) I have a couple Items on now that I will donate some or possibly all of proceeds to this cause. I also have a Mini Chopper that I was using for a promo on my web site. I drew the winner last night who chose a cash offer instead of the bike because of shipping costs. I plan to put it on Ebay tuesday to recoup some of my money. I have $500.00 in it and will give anything over that to this fund. It's original cost was $900.00. any of you interested in it make a reasonable offer over my cost in it and you can have first dibbs. the shipping can probably channel through some bus nuts going to Arcadia and payment through pay pal.
Be creative in your efforts to help others and you can have a win/win situation

Offline DaveMC7

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
I'm ordinarily a "lurker" but I had to comment on the outpouring of pledges and prayers for this family.  Although I've only really just started converting my MC-7, I have learned so much from this board.  I've learned that the hobby is loaded with very kind and generous people from all walks of life!  The cost to convert a bus is worth the price, just for admission to such a great group.  Diane and I look forward to meeting some of you when the bus is road worthy.

Dave Jensen
Monroe, NC
"Some people like plaster deer and lawn jockeys. ....I like a bus.  It's lawn art!

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »
Hi Dave and Diane,

Welcome to the group!  I'm glad you posted and with such nice remarks, Thanks!

Our bus group is kinda like the Free Masons on a smaller scale...lol [we enjoy looking out for one another]

It's nice to know that others see that in us too!

Would love to have a pic. of your MCI in our bus pics section.

Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal