Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 86397 times)

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Re: Bus accident/ Daniel McMurphy..Fund Ideas
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2006, 04:07:43 AM »
Jack, I was sitting here trying to think of something I could do to help with the fund when I realized I have more 24 VDC bulbs (markers, tail, turn signal, etc.) than I am going to need for my conversion.  They are left from when I owned and operated 3 MCI's.  I will be happy to bring them with me to Arcadia for sale and all the proceeds can go to the fund.  I have long ago amortised them out.  Maybe this need is why I kept them for so long!  I have no idea what the current cost for a 24 VDC bulb is these days.  I would like to price them reasonably close to market today so the fund gets the benefit, but also a "deal" for the buyer as well. 

Geary Rowell
Venice, Fl
grow0441

Geary,
   I have no idea what the going price is for 24 volt bulbs.  Since you are not bringing your bus, get with me when you arrive and I will make room at our bus for you to display (and hopefully sell) the bulbs.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline grow0441

• Flying Horse
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2006, 06:12:18 AM »
Jack, I was sitting here trying to think of something I could do to help with the fund when I realized I have more 24 VDC bulbs (markers, tail, turn signal, etc.) than I am going to need for my conversion.  They are left from when I owned and operated 3 MCI's.  I will be happy to bring them with me to Arcadia for sale and all the proceeds can go to the fund.  I have long ago amortised them out.  Maybe this need is why I kept them for so long!  I have no idea what the current cost for a 24 VDC bulb is these days.  I would like to price them reasonably close to market today so the fund gets the benefit, but also a "deal" for the buyer as well. 

Geary Rowell
Venice, Fl
grow0441

Geary,
   I have no idea what the going price is for 24 volt bulbs.  Since you are not bringing your bus, get with me when you arrive and I will make room at our bus for you to display (and hopefully sell) the bulbs.  Jack

Thanks.  I will get with you.  I will make a call or two and find out what the market price is before I get there.

Geary
When the dream is big enough, the facts don't matter!

Offline TracyDeanMc

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2006, 09:01:20 AM »
I deleted this post by mistake. Sorry and Thank you.

Hello,

I am Tracy McMurphy, Danny's sister-in-law.

Actually, there are quite a few of us in the McMurphy clan. 12 siblings, and all are married and a bunch of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I am married to Dean, the youngest sibling.

We are a VERY large group, to say the least. You ought to see the family Christmas parties every couple of years.

My husband helped Danny raise the roof and weld on that bus many years ago at their uncle's house in Merritt Island FL. Dean is very proud of that, and is very close to his brother. I also feel Danny is the big brother I never had, being the oldest of 3 myself. I have been on that bus many times, and our oldest son, age 9, also named Daniel, loves that bus. He saw the accident photos and says, "Uncle Danny can fix that." Although we don't own a bus, Dean is also sort of a "bus nut". He has driven church buses and worked on them for years, and would just love to have his own bus someday.

I am just horrified by this accident and it has had a profound effect on all of us, that is for sure. We live in Florida too and it is a very helpless feeling when you know you cannot do anything for your brother, except wait and pray. We had just seen Danny and Heather and Hannah on Thanksgiving.

I will say I am impressed by you Busnuts. I have never seen such an outpouring of love and caring from a group before.

I want to say thank you. Thank you for being there for Danny and offering help to the family. It isn't just the money. It is the idea that total strangers (and a few friends) would be so generous, that just impresses me and Dean to no end.

What a blessing! Thank you all, so very much.

Tracy (and Dean) McMurphy

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
Checks in the mail! I just got back from dropping it off at the post office! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

captain ron

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2006, 09:53:46 AM »
been hearing that for years ;D

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
been hearing that for years ;D

I know, I know but I just can't resist saying it! Especially when it's for such a good cause! (and true too! LOL!)  ;D BK ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline GM0406

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
There is noting like this accident to give us all a good lesson in safety.  Don't know about the rest, but this bus driver will definitely be reminded to slow down.  Bill Thomas

Dreamscape

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2006, 06:31:20 PM »
There is noting like this accident to give us all a good lesson in safety. Don't know about the rest, but this bus driver will definitely be reminded to slow down. Bill Thomas

I will think of this accident driving to Texas next week, and probably for the rest of my life.

I PRAY FOR DAN'S SPEEDY RECOVERY!

These things just don't stop on a dime.

Mash your brakes and see how far you go before you stop. It's scary on the busiest roads with crazy switch lane drivers.

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2006, 04:43:36 AM »
Paypal - $2,912.80 USD
Checks -    300.00

Total      $3212.80

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

JerryH

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2006, 09:35:29 AM »
There is noting like this accident to give us all a good lesson in safety.  Don't know about the rest, but this bus driver will definitely be reminded to slow down.  Bill Thomas

Bill & others:

Being mindful of road conditions, speed, ability to stop and understanding that other factors/ drivers not in your control can quickly change the overall formula.

Specific to this accident, I am not sure if a final determination has been reached as to how and why it happened.  But like you said, it should give us all reason to be mindful, think and be proactive.

Craig, thanks for the update!

Jerry H.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »
Craig,

Could you forward the snail mail address to the email in my profile.

I have a friend who wants to contribute, but needs the USPO to do it.

Thanks

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
What's The Latest Update On Daniel McMurphy?
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »
Anybody know?

Offline Ace

Re: What's The Latest Update On Daniel McMurphy?
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2006, 09:15:26 PM »
I was given Dan's personal room phone number yesterday and will be calling him tomorrow (Friday).

This will be the first time I have talked to him since he left Florida.

I will do my best to cheer him up and I will also mention all of you from this board for all the help that you have done! I'm sure he already has an idea, thanks to his family now coming here as regular members and relaying messages!

All in all knowing Dan like I do, he won't stay down long, and thanks to all of our help, his friends and family, and his faith in God, he'll probably find a way to rebuild a DD or raise a roof on another Eagle before you know it!

I will keep you up to date from our conversation!

Ace
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:39 AM »
Thanks Ace, I live in NW GA and I watched the accident coverage on local TV the day it happened. I've got over a million miles holding a bus steering wheel and those kind of things are always a concern. Blessings and Merry Christmas, Charlie B.

Offline Ace

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!![/size]

I called Dan earlier today to be told by his wife that I would have to call back because Dan was in the bathroom shaving! LOL I said I would but got side tracked working on my bus. I suddenly remembered to call back and did and my surprise, Dan himself answered the phone. I could tell from the sound of his voice that he was glad I called. We chatted for a short while and to be honest, he sounds like the same ole' Dan I knew when he was working on my Eagle. His spirits were very high and his outlook for the future appeared to be great! From the sounds of it, I think there even may be some plans on rebuilding the crashed Eagle in the future with is brothers help of course! Speaking of his bus and personal belongings, he assured me that it was in a safe place and all of his stuff was safe and sound! I offered to do anything I could to help since I'm not really working full time and could come there almost anytime.
 I didn't have to mention to Dan about everything YOU and I have done from this board because he has been kept up to date with everything from his family and his words were "THAT in itself has helped to make me look forward and move forward! I hoped and prayed that I would come out of this ok and so far so good!" I can tell from his voice that he is very appreciative in what all has been done by all of us and he thanked me I can't tell you how many times. I say ME because I was the one that he was talking to but he meant ALL OF US in his thanks! I played a very small part in all of this and it was YOU that he is REALLY thanking!
With all of that out of the way, he closed out our chat with "Ace, call me anytime" and  I promised to do just that!

In anything further comes up I will post it here for all of you!

Ace
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal