Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 86436 times)

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: What's The Latest Update On Daniel McMurphy?
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:28 PM »
Orv, thank you for posting, and welcome.

Ace, maybe you could get Dan's contact information to Orv.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline Hartley

« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2006, 03:48:45 AM »
FYI,

This is what Hand controls look like in a Bus... Yes A Bus ! ( 102" X 40 foot Flyer )

http://www.rvbus.net/buswhacko/slides/Sep15^44.html

Did this back in 2000 for a Paraplegic Bus owner. ( almost no budget and no time to get it all working. )

Also Installed a Rostra Cruise Control and 18" VIP wheel, Overhead and Side Grab Bars for owner to pull himself
out of wheelchair and into drivers seat.

Converted front door factory chair lift to separate hydraulic pump and remote controls.

The owner loved his bus and drove it all over the U.S. and back from Florida to Idaho with no problems.
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2006, 06:55:37 AM »
Dr Dave -

The link you posted didn't work, but I found the pic.  Here's the corrected link:

http://www.rvbus.net/buswhacko/slides/Sep15%5E44.html

Nice adaptation!

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Foolsgold

« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2006, 07:11:06 AM »
Craig yes I can do just that!

Orv it will take me a little bit to find what would be the best way for you to contact Dan or his family but I will send it to you asap!

Thanks also for coming forward everyone!

Ace

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2006, 07:22:28 AM »
As if today...

Paypal fund -    $3,106.40 USD
Checks received - $525.00
Total -              $3631.40

I haven't received any new contributions in the past couple days, so I'm going to cut a check and send to Jack so he can get it to Ace during the rally, in case I don't make it there. The donation page and paypal button will be left up for continued donations. I'll figure out how to get future contributions to Dan and his family.

Thank you to all who have or are planning to contribute to this cause. I know Dan and his family will be very much appreciative of this gift.  By the way, if you have donated, or are planning on donating, keep in mind that Dan's medical expenses do not stop when he is finally released from the hospital. Please consider making future donations as fits your own situation. I'll see to it that Dan and his family receive all donations.

Craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »
Craig,
Thank you! To you and those who took the time to set this up! I'm glad I was able to do my part as small as it was, I know that it will be greatly needed and appreciated by Dan and his family! BK  ;D

I know it's a long way to Atlanta, but wouldn't it be cool if all the rally participants could take a road trip up to see Dan and make the presentation?  Anyone bringing their seated coach?  :)

As I was rereading this whole thread I noticed this little comment above I'd missed! I'm try'n to find/figure out a way to make it to Bussin' 2007 and would love to provide this service. But at the pesent time I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention. The charter season here is dead for everyone in our area, we've only had 1 charter so far this month with one more scheduled the 28th thru 30th going to New Orleans, LA. So even if I could afford to come down I'll probably not be able to time wise! I'll be think'n 'bout ya'll !  And if by some screwy way I do end up making it, I'll just have to take a 45'er for a test drive and ya'll will have to HI-JACK it (and me) to willingly drive to wherever we need to to deliver the $! Ok so it probably won't work out, but Hey ya never know around here! I get into some pretty crazy things sometimes! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline oRV

« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
     ACE:   I'm a patient soul. . . I'll look forward to hooking up with Daniel when convenient.  oRV

Offline Ace

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
Poppin corn and on my blackberry but just got a call from dennis that said dan got to go home today. I will update later.
Ace
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
Wow, cool!  That's great!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2006, 06:27:32 PM »
Great!  Now THAT is a Christmas present.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Ace

« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »
According to Dennis, he said that they did a skin graft Tuesday  and told Dan that he couldn't move for five days and that kind of bummed him out because he has worked really hard while in the hospital to be home for Christmas but low and behold, he did so good that they allowed him to go home today. That sort of brought him and his spirits back up.

I couldn't talk to Dennis long because I was working a show but he did say that he would call Dan Saturday and relay all information back to me as to where and how and best time to contact him if anyone wanted to.

I'm sure being home for Christmas with his little girl means a lot to Dan seeing how it's her first Christmas and all and I'm glad that he pulled it off!

This truly IS a story of how miracles CAN happen right before your eyes and with that said, Susan & I want to send a VERY Merry Christmas to each and every one of you on this board. Too dang many members to personalize wishes to,  but if your here, it goes out to you and yours!

And one more thing,

Thanks...

for pulling together for my friend Dan and his family! It really does mean a lot!

Merry Christmas to those that can't make the trip to Arcadia and to those that can, well.... Merry Christmas and we'll just see you there!  ::)

Ace, Susan & "Bud"
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Dallas

Re: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2006, 04:30:16 AM »
What News of Daniel, anything new??

He is still in our prayers!

Dallas & Cat

Offline Murph

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2006, 01:30:26 PM »
Hello,  This is Cindy,Donald McMurphy's wife,#11 child.  We went for a visit with Dan for Christmas and he is doing well.  He has a few stomach problems from the medicine which is normal.  His legs are healing nicely and they are gonna start fitting him for his prosthetics on Friday. They told him that he would be in the hospital 9-12 weeks and it would be about 3 months before they started on prosthetics.  With alot of prayer he was out 2 1/2 weeks after his accident. He had a blessed Christmas, but still a long road to recovery.  Please keep him and Heather and the baby in your prayers.  If you would like to call for anything you can reach my husband at 321-480-2394.  God bless and Happy New Year!!!!!

Dallas

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »
Thanks Cindy!

We think about Daniel and the rest of the family a lot.

If The Docs can't fit him up right for mobility, There is a whole world of bus nuts here that will be glad to cobble something together!  ;)

Here's to a happy new year for you and yours!

Dallas

Offline mccarlk

• 1967 mci 5 8v71 auto
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
let me say that all you people that have helped an prayed make me very proud of being a bus nut, you have taught me how to convert my bus and be a better person, cant wait to put a face to the names, thanks to all, and a very spedy recovery, ken and kerry ( cambridge ontario,canada)
treat every day like is your last, just make sure you dont spend all your money,in case its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal