Author Topic: What's Condition of Jax, Fl I-95?  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: What's Condition of Jax, Fl I-95?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »
Have a Safe trip JR!

Maybe we will cross paths this week...Huh

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 11:42:20 PM »
DrDave - have you ever run the route your recommending - SR70 runs SE - and US27 is a minefield - you only go NORTH on 17 for a mile - best straight shot from East coast is route I95 south to Fort Pierce then west on SR70 - he wanted the scenic route - FWIW
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 04:35:41 AM »
DrDave,

Agreed, that is the straightest route as the crow flies.

But, you will loose all your time/fuel savings with the bazillion traffic lights and local city traffic you will go through. 

By the way, 27 North of Ocala is a nice route to take if time and speed our not on your agenda.

I enjoy taking the preinterstate routes when time allows.

Its amazing how many Mom & Pop motels exsisted in almost every town on those routes, but sadly most have went the way of the

drive in.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 07:16:02 AM »
Hey all -

OK, I'm flying from CA to Tampa for Bussin' 2007, staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Arcadia.

What do you guys think is the best route from the airport in Tampa?

I know I can Google Map it, or MapQuest it, but often the "locals" know better!

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
Airport exit to I275 north (actually east at that point)  then I4 east to I75 South To SR70 east (actually southeast) to Arcadia then use the map provided by Jack - HTH
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »
Have a Safe trip JR!

Maybe we will cross paths this week...Huh

Nick-

You bet!  I'm quite sure our paths will cross.   If you see a gold bus (and it ain't Ace's) on the side of I 95, our paths  crossed!  Hope they cross a little further south! 
You're driving a lot further than us'ns!   You be safe! 
Richard's post settled it for me...I'm going down thru Jax..and might even try out 321S from Columbia.....hope to be in Arcadia before dark thirty!  I'm not much on driving the bus in cities after dark.  Daylight's no problem.   
I reckon there's gonna be a lot of conversions on I 95 next week!
I took a second mortgage today so I could afford the fuel for the trip!  :D
Best, JR    8)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »
My granddaughter is planning on leaving Ft. Lauderdale the morning of the 26th. Would probably be in Jax by 6PM or earlier, depending on when they get out. If that is not too late for information, I will have her call me when they get to the Jax area with what the traffic is like.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »
My granddaughter is planning on leaving Ft. Lauderdale the morning of the 26th. Would probably be in Jax by 6PM or earlier, depending on when they get out. If that is not too late for information, I will have her call me when they get to the Jax area with what the traffic is like.
Richard

Thanks Richard, that would be great!   We're leaving on the 27th so that info would be as up to date as it's gonna get.   JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Hartley

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »
DrDave - have you ever run the route your recommending - SR70 runs SE - and US27 is a minefield - you only go NORTH on 17 for a mile - best straight shot from East coast is route I95 south to Fort Pierce then west on SR70 - he wanted the scenic route - FWIW

Actually No, I haven't taken that route. Mainly due to Interstate-4 being 5 miles away.

I would rather take a direct route and even though the idea might work for others it would not make sense for me.

I could actually take Hwy 17/92 all the way for the extra excercise of the brakes. I live near the Intersection of U.S. 92 and U.S. 17 North.

I get the feeling sometimes that no matter which way I go its always faster or shorter to go a different way.

Now, Here's the funny part. It takes me an Hour to get to a buddies house in Oviedo, I can use that same hour and be all the way to Haines City and heading south on hwy 27 ( on a good day with a 90mph tailwind!)

Florida has some of the poorest and screwiest excuses for roads of any place that I have been... ( well except for Columbus OH. )
I haven't figured out why I keep coming back. But now the taxes are making me think seriously about moving to some podunk backroad town in some other cheaper to live state. The problem is that my heart is just about done and trying to move would probably be the end of
things for me. I have about 1/4 of it working now and not getting any better.....

Dave....
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »
My granddaughter and family are just past Jacksonville heading North on I-95. It is 3:30 Pm on Tuesday 26th.

The traffic is heavy both ways but moving very good in each direction. There speed is between 60 and 80 so apparently no problems of any concern. That is typical speeds for any time I have been thru there numerous times.

Hope this helps you.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
UPDATE. are now in Georgia and they did encounter some slowing as the highway changed from three lanes to two lanes due to construction, but nothing serious.
Richard

My granddaughter and family are just past Jacksonville heading North on I-95. It is 3:30 Pm on Tuesday 26th.

The traffic is heavy both ways but moving very good in each direction. There speed is between 60 and 80 so apparently no problems of any concern. That is typical speeds for any time I have been thru there numerous times.

Hope this helps you.
Richard

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 06:28:31 PM »
Thanks much Richard!   That's the route I'm going to use.   Considered 321 South from Columbia, but seems as though there's only about 10 miles difference between 321 and I-26/I-95.   Interstate gets the nod. 
Thanks again!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:09:46 AM »

JR

what time are you leaving.  I hope to move out abou noon today  If all goes well

ned sanders
"huggy bear"
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline wrench

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 06:09:04 AM »
  My favoritte=
    At Yulee just before Jack take 200 to 301(been widen), to Gainville, on I-75 & south.
  FWIW
    wrench

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 02:33:14 PM »
JR
what time are you leaving. I hope to move out abou noon today If all goes well
ned sanders
"huggy bear"

Hi Ned!  I reckon I left about 3 hours before you posted the above.   Made it down and back without any issues at all.   Jax wasn't a problem...Orlando was busy, but it moved right along...albeit slowly at times. 
Driving back on Sunday was an easy drive.  We left Arcadia at 9:30 and arrived in Augusta, Ga at 5:30P.   
Hiope your return trip went well!   Ya'll going to Steel Creek? 
Best, JR   8)
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal